Buying a TLS Navi in Bay Area CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 05:51 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buying a TLS Navi in Bay Area CA

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 03 TLS Navi in about 1-2 weeks. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. Can I get info from the fellow bay area memebers on how much they paid on a 03 TLS w/Navi and which dealer they recommend? I have been reading on how much people are paying for the same car in different parts of the country, but I don't see too many info on bay area owners.

Thank you in advance.

Kin
Old 07-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Intermediate

Hey there motech,

I picked mine up at Stevens Creek Acura. They claim to do more business than anyone else in California, not counting an Acura shop in L.A. They are one of two that sell so many, so they have the largest selections.

The car I picked up was a WDP TLS w/ Nav. It was stickered at 33,980 (MSRP) and I got it for 32480. That is 1500 off MSRP. Make sure you talk to the internet department of the dealership so you can get the discount, it really helps!! If you need more details, just let me know, I will tell you exactly what I went through. I ordered a model/color combo that was rarer, so I had to wait for almost a month for it, but it came, and that is what is important. When I talked to other Acura Dealerships in the area, none of them would give me anywhere near the 1500 off that Stevens Creek gave me, and then when I asked for the color/combo i wanted, they laughed and said, "We'll never get that... you might want to try somewhere else."

Just an FYI.

Good luck and great choice in car!

-RafConTLS
Old 07-25-2002, 10:12 PM
7th Gear

I bought mine on last June(02 Type-S w/o navi.)at Mike Harvey Acura. I paid $33,000.00 OTD and I think is pretty good price. When I was there I want to buy the blue color but they only got one and come with the navi. I don't want the navi but the salesman said he could sale it to me for $34,500.00 OTD. Finally I got the silver one.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my 2002 TLS from Oakland Acura in Jan. I went to the www.oaklandacura.com web site and entered for a free quote. The internet manager was pretty cool and I got a deal for $31k+tax with navi and I added the rear spoiler for $700 installed. 2003TLS w/navi should be a little more.

Good Luck !!!!

Cheers !!!
Old 07-26-2002, 12:10 AM
9th Gear

Thanks you guys for the reply and info. I just got back from Pleasanton Acura tonight and I test drove the 03 Anthracite Metallic TLS w/navi (the exact color that I want). Very smooth car!!! I was not ready to buy one tonight so I did not discuss the price in details. All the salesman told me was "we are willing to negotiate."

Any comments on carsdirect.com or priceline.com? A quote from carsdirect.com is 32485 (which is similar to Edmunds.com's average sale price on a 03 TLS w/Navi)

Thanks again for any input.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:37 AM
Advanced

I paid $300.00 over dealer invoice, plus tax and license, which is $34,195.00 OTD for my wife's 2003 TL Type S w/Navi at Mike Harvey at the end of June.

I don't know if the board will agree, but buying on the last day of the month, is probably the best time to buy. It took just over an hour to make the deal, which included the test drive about 10 minutes, about 20 minutes of negotiation and another 30 to 40 minutes for paper processing and signatures.

We also received the mud guards and trunk tray.

I'm not sure if it helped, but there was no trade in or financing with this transaction.

Good luck...

MikeC
Old 07-26-2002, 01:49 AM
9th Gear

Thanks MikeC! Do you recall what is the before-tax price?
Old 07-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Intermediate

Mine was a 2003, and I had my little folder with all the price quotes from multiple internet car dealers in it. CarsDirect price was 32485 and I got mine for 32480 from the dealer. So that should let you know whether or not it was a good deal. Some of the other sites weren't offering the 2003 (AutoBytel) so couldn't get comparative quotes from them. When I pulled out my folder at the dealership, they knew I was already familiar with the car, and its invoice price, so they really worked a great deal for me.

I did add the spoiler from the dealership for 650, but only because I wanted it off of the lot with it, and didn't want to show it to people without it.

I agree with the end of the month thing, but one thing doesn't take that into effect. I went in and wanted a WDP w/ Ebony Interior Type S w/ Nav. They had every other combo of car except that one. I had to wait over 3 weeks for it, but no other dealership was even going to get it in. Just remember, if you are looking for a car NOT on the lot, have the patience to wait for what you want so you don't regret taking what they had. I LOVE my color combo and am glad I waited.

Here is the link to the Stevens Creek Acura AutoNation website.

http://www.autonation.com/dealers/nw/stevens-creek/

They actually list EVERY car they have in stock, its MSRP, and its color. So, if it is $29,460, you are looking at a 2003 TL. If it is $31,610, it has NAV. If it is $31,810, it is a TYPE S, and if it is $33,960, it is a TYPE S w/ Nav. But don't forget, you can probably still get the $1500 off of each of those prices if your shopping for one soon. I only picked mine up last month on the 10th, so you should still be able to get the 1500 off.

Take a look at the site, they also show other dealers if you choose LOCATE A DEALER. I recommend Stevens Creek though for the selection.

Hope this helps.

-RafConTLS
Old 07-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Drifting

Another bay area person to join the ranks...welcome aboard and check out the club events on Acura-Cl.com for meets.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

I purchased my 03 TL-S at Los Gatos Acura for 500 over invoice about 4 weeks ago, but I have had nothing but problems with the dealership since. I will no longer deal with them nor would I recommend any dealership that is owned by Ted Stevens (TSAN.COM), which would include Sunnyvale Acura. I would think that most dealers will deal due to the slow down in sales. Good luck on your new car purchase, I hope you have better luck then I have had so far dealing with Acura in general.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Advanced

I purchased my WDP TL-S (non-nav) at Solano Acura (fairfield) for $30900 + tax.

That was the best deal i could find.

My bet is that the further out from bay area you go the better deal you'll find.

p.s. don't deal with Mario.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Advanced

motech88: Thanks MikeC! Do you recall what is the before-tax price? $31,310.00

The sales person I spoke with is Roberto and the Sales Manager is Marco at Mike Harvey. If I were you I would go in at the end of the month and tell them you would like to pay the same price I paid. (I'm presuming that's the case) If you plan on financing at the dealer, then make sure you don't get in the game of how much you can afford a month. Just tell the dealer you want to come to agreement on the price. Once that is agreed upon, then you can discuss how you plan to pay. The bottom line is do your homework first, before you go in. You want to put yourself in a position of where you are in control of the situation.

Good luck,

MikeC
Old 07-27-2002, 01:26 AM
10th Gear

motech88,

good luck on your purchase!...I got my 03 TL-S non navi for 32,100 OTD from Mike Harvey Acura in May. Considering that the tax is 8.5%, it should come to about 29,3xx or less than 300 over invoice. In order to save time, just be firm and forget the haggling. Walk in, name your price (if you want, make it a few hundred below invoice!) and of course they give you a story about their fees and such. After naming your price walk out and be patient...you'll get a call soon...that way u can move up a little in price (if u gave them a low offer to start) to show that u are really serious in buying the car. All I can say is BE PATIENT!!!
Sometimes it can be frustrating but when u drive off the lot in your brand new TL, it will all be worth it.

FYI...I dealt with Raquel, who was very professional and courteous. The sales managers are Marco Rico and Howard Chan. The finance manager (I think) is Spencer Chan. The general manager is Manny Martinez. Any one of them are easy to deal with.

I was just at Mike Harvey today getting an oil change for my dad's RL and happened to notice that they do have 2 Anthracite TL-S w/ navi in stock and ready to go. If u change your mind, they have a great selection of other colors too.

Good Luck!!
Old 07-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Advanced

silver-tls: I thought I got a good deal for a 2003 TL Type S with navi for $34,195.00 OTD vs what you paid for a 2003 TL-S non navi for $32,100.00 OTD. Both purchased from the same dealer. Is $2,095.00 a good price for a navigation system?

Thanks,

MikeC

BTW, I realize there will always be someone who gets a better deal

motech88 let us know how you do regarding the price you pay...

Good Luck...
Old 08-18-2002, 04:53 AM
Cruisin'

Got my Anthracite no Nav+wheel locks TLS on July 4th weekend at Los Gato Acura. My deal was 29400+tax+fee. My bargan was done through email with dealers. I pretty much just stated the color, model and the price I like to pay for it then went pickup the car with their okay confirmation. I called to make sure they have the car in stock with less than 50 mi. It was no hassle deal, but I have done many research including here at acura-tl.com to finalized the price I like pay for it. Since Acura is going to have new look for 2004 TL, maybe you can get as close as invoice price. BTW, the TL I got already have the Splash gards (Front and Back) installed which I didn't ask for, so I got it free. Nav. System cost about another $2000 and it's great gadget if you really want it. Anyway, Good luck with your purchase.

Richard
Old 08-19-2002, 07:13 PM
Instructor

Cool

I just picked up a TL-S Navi from Stevens Creek Acura for about 200 below invoice. WDP, with tan interior and they threw in wheel locks, a trunk tray and splash guards for exactly 33,800 OTD. I just kept hammering them until they just gave in.

Ask for Jay, he was my sales guy--best person I've ever met at any dealership. The sales Manager was John, also a great guy. What ever you do, don't go off to Sunnyvale Acura--they'll laugh at selling a car to you even at invoice!

Moral: It's possible to buy a loaded TL below invoice!

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Cruisin'

motech,

got my '03 ABP tls w/o navi for 29800+tax+lincense at Pleasanton Acura on memorial weekend. talk to Ron he's the internet dept. manager. be firm with your price, they'll give in. they need the sale more than you need the car.

i agree with MikeC about waiting until the end of the month. they'll be more willing than at the middle of the month.

good luck shopping around.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:05 AM
Cruisin'

Daimler560: Your salesperson must be very deserate to get the sale on your car. They don't usually give too much discount on the WDP. How long did you "hammering" with them?
Old 08-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Instructor

Not desperate--they just wanted to sell one more car that day...speaking of which, I need to drop by the dealer and give them a check for the car.

I got to the dealership around 5 ish and drove home by 8 that night. They even detailed the car! Didn't have my check book on me, but they gave me the car anyway on the condition that I pay them within a week.

But they were pretty cool with the deal--I wanted the TL-S navi at my price, with the condition that I was able to choose any car on the lot. (at that option level) Ended up getting my WDP with 8 miles, built just 3 weeks ago.

Overall, very happy with the car. Good luck!