Body Shop recommendation in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Body Shop recommendation in Atlanta?

I have only had my new TL-S for just week now and I have already had a casualty thanks to a lady and her SUV!!!
I was hit from behind at a red light today. Appears to just be minor cosmetic damage to the bumper cover and maybe a little damage behind the cover that can easily be repaired.
I have one estimate from Nalley's Body Shop, but would appreciate a recommendation for another body shop or good words about Nalley from anyone in Atlanta.
I am absolutely sick about what happened, but just glad it wasn't more serious and that no one was hurt. I just want to get my ABP baby back on the road looking as new as when I bought it.
Thanks-
PNC
Old 09-28-2001, 09:32 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Atlanta, and I have a shop that I'd recommend you to visit. Try ATC Collision in Marietta. It's just off of Cobb Parkway near the Dobbins Air Reserve Base.

I had a '95 Maxima that had about $8000 worth of damage on the rear of the car. Some nut in a truck hit the car on the right rear quarter panel. It caved the panel in, crumpled the trunk, and pushed the bumper over to the left about 6-8 inches. ATC Collision was recommended by my insurance company (State Farm) as someone that would do an excellent job.

When I got the car back after the work was finished, the General Manager of the place took me out to look at the car. As we were walking towards it, he said "I don't like the way we made the paint match up. When can you bring it back so that I can fix it?". I didn't notice that anything was wrong until he took me around the car to look at it from different angles. It was certainly great of him to point it out without my asking!

As to the body work, it was flawless. He opened the trunk, pulled up the mat, and showed me how his people had duplicated the welding to be the same style used when the car came off the line. In other words, he was saying it would be impossible to tell if this car had ever had major body work done.
All the seams around the trunk and wheel wells were perfect.

Before I could take the car back for the updated paint job, I still was considering selling it. I took it to a local Car Max, and one of their Used Car guys looked it over pretty well. The guy asked me "Has your car been repainted?". I said, "No. Why?". He said that he could see some mismatch in the paint, but that there was no body damage that he could tell. He opened the trunk, he checked the seams, and came to the conclusion that they must have repainted the car at the dealership before I got it because there was no visible body damage. Sounds like the body shop did a great job! I eventually took it back to fix the paint, and they did a great job on it. If I had to have body work done, I wouldn't hesitate to take my car there.

One bad note - the last time I checked, they were charging money for estimates. It's refunded if you get the work done there, but they said they had been overrun by estimates so badly that they had to start charging for them.

Good luck!