Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Kits

Ok guys lets see if you can help me out with this, I have tried searching this site and the web for a body kit for my 2002 TL, I cant find any kits either than the Factory Body Kit... Does anybody know of any after market kits that will fit......... Thanks
Old 02-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Racer

I'm just curious, why don't you like the Acura body kit? I think it fits the car well, since I've obviously installed one myself.

If you don't like the Acura kit, what do you have in mind for the kit you'd like to install? I guess I'm asking what don't you like about the currently available Acura kit?

I'm not trying to push your buttons, I'm just curious. I bought the painted kit from this site and saved about $600 over what Acura was going to charge me for the same damn thing installed. Installation was a breeze. Are you looking for something a bit flashier?

Again, I'm just asking out of curiosity. Personally I would have liked a kit that had a bit more flair but I am very happy with what I got for what I paid. I had a much different picture in my head of what to expect/what I wanted. When I got the parts in I was thinking...sh!t this is it?

I have to say that the biggest difference in the appearance of my car had nothing to do with the body kit. It definitely looked better after installing it but the rear spoiler made ALL the difference. Even my wife turned her head after I installed the rear spoiler. I had the body kit on the car for about two weeks before I got the rear spoiler. She didn't even notice the body kit.

The rear spoiler installation? Once I installed it, she was like "What did you do to your car? It looks so much better". No bullsh!t, it was like night and day to her. Let's face it as much as we like to impress the boys.....we REALLY like to impress the girls....

The factory body kit is very subtle...almost disappointing with what little you actually get for what it costs. However, it is noticable and does alter the look of the vehicle to a much more sporty look AND can be installed by yourself in a few hours.

My car is going to the shop tomorrow to be tinted. I'm still trying to figure out which 18" wheels I want once I lower it using the comptech springs and sways. Hopefully when I'm done I'll still get her "seal" of approval. Otherwise, I'll be doing KP for the next year!!!

Let us know if you DO find something else. I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:30 PM
Banned

the only kit availabe for 2002+ TL is the oem one. u can also mix the other kits that are available for the '99-01. the sides and rear bumper from the '99-01 is the same as the '02+. the kits available for the '99-01 are the oem, the value sports and the blaze kit. with some cash though... u can probably custom fit the fron of those body kits to the '02+.