body kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 09:09 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post body kit

lots of snow in the northeast, and i was backin out of my driveway yesterday. the snow was a little high and i guess my bumber got caught up in snow? the right side of my body kit popped loose!(on bumber). is this easy to fix or did i break it? cuz it pops off really easy now.
Old 02-11-2001, 02:28 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Holmes85:
lots of snow in the northeast, and i was backin out of my driveway yesterday. the snow was a little high and i guess my bumber got caught up in snow? the right side of my body kit popped loose!(on bumber). is this easy to fix or did i break it? cuz it pops off really easy now.
Is this a factory body kit ? If it's installed by the dealer or a bodyshop , you should be able to complain for a free fix.

------------------
2000 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Factory Kit coming up
Old 02-11-2001, 02:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by BostonTL:
Is this a factory body kit ? If it's installed by the dealer or a bodyshop , you should be able to complain for a free fix.

yea its the factory 1.. wat should i say?

Old 02-11-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Holmes85:
Originally posted by BostonTL:

yea its the factory 1.. wat should i say?

Say that you just driving slowly and suddenly the bumper popped loose , don't mention the snow thing , and listen and what they're going to say. Well , I installed my body kit in a bodyshop , and they gave me a guarantee that if it should pop loose for any reason , they're going to reattach it for free and if it's breaks they'll also replace it with a new one. It's not impossible to happen you see ,sometimes even if you follow the installation instructions properly you screwed the bolts tight , it still can pop loose without good reasons.

So try to talk nicely to the dealer , don't mention the snow thing , just say that it just pop loose and u don't know why , and should they give you no shit say , if a bodyshop in Boston can give such a guarantee & service , why you an authorized professional dealer can't give me the same thing.

------------------
2000 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Factory Kit coming up
Old 02-11-2001, 08:46 PM
Intermediate

Thanx alot Boston TL.. im gonna go to my dealer tommorrow anyway cuz im due for my 3750 tune-up. hope they dont give me any shit.