Blitzsafe Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blitzsafe Install

I used the search feature to try and find a DIY for the center console. the link below worked yesterday and now it is not up? Did anyone happen to save this and could send it to me? Also i want to check I jsut bought the Blitxafe Hon/AUX DMX V.1 for my 2002 TL /Navi. Will the Navi and the orignal 6 disk in dash still work. I know this may be pretty rookie of me but I just got the car and want to make sure this thing will work before I take the entire console out. I am going to use the Blitzsafe to hook up my Sirius?

Has anyone done this instal and left the RCA jacks in a spot that would allow you to cleanly hook up different devices ie Sirius, Ipod, Cd Player etc?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Here is the link I was talking about

http://www.abunchofcars.com/diy_pages/others/tl_center_console/tl_center_console.htm
Old 04-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

there is no need to take out your whole center console to plug in the adaptor. i just installed my blitzsafe a couple weeks ago and i read on the board that a professional installer, screen name streeteffectz, doesnt take out the console either. all you have to do is take out the passenger-side panel of the console. there is space, albeit very small, where you can stick the adaptor's plug into the back of the radio. if you have small hands, this will help. you have to have A LOT of patience while trying to plug the adaptor plug into the radio. here is what you have to do:

1) remove both driver's and passenger's wood trim that run along between the seats. just pull on the edge closest to the center armrest first. the trim is clipped on so you can pull on it a little hard.

2) open your center armrest and remove the carpet insert. You'll see 2 screws...go ahead and unscrew them

3) next, you see about 6 screws on both sides that were covered underneath by the wood trim. Unscrew all of them.

4) pull the entire center piece back, towards the rear seat. You only need to pull it back a foot or so.

5) on the passenger side, there should be 2-3 screws that hold the passenger side panel. Unscrew those. After that, pull on the plastic panel like you did with the wood trim and it should come off. the whole passenger side should be exposed and you'll see the space that i referred to behind the radio...facing the radio, the port is located on the lower right-hand corner of the radio. Feel around in the back of the radio and you'll feel a big hole and thats the port that the adaptor plugs into. I have a pic of the back of the radio so if you need it for visual purposes, i'll email it to you.

6) I stuck the adaptor itself in the space behind the carpet, near the passenger foot area.

I hope these instructions help!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Papa Bear

Yeah, this only works if you have small hands. I tried by just removing the passenger side knee panel and it just pissed me off after trying to plug it in with little to no clearance. I'm sure it can be done but I would recommend taking out the radio cuz it only takes another 10 minutes or so.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Cyberathlete101

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TLover8888
there is no need to take out your whole center console to plug in the adaptor. i just installed my blitzsafe a couple weeks ago and i read on the board that a professional installer, screen name streeteffectz, doesnt take out the console either. all you have to do is take out the passenger-side panel of the console. there is space, albeit very small, where you can stick the adaptor's plug into the back of the radio. if you have small hands, this will help. you have to have A LOT of patience while trying to plug the adaptor plug into the radio. here is what you have to do:

1) remove both driver's and passenger's wood trim that run along between the seats. just pull on the edge closest to the center armrest first. the trim is clipped on so you can pull on it a little hard.

2) open your center armrest and remove the carpet insert. You'll see 2 screws...go ahead and unscrew them

3) next, you see about 6 screws on both sides that were covered underneath by the wood trim. Unscrew all of them.

4) pull the entire center piece back, towards the rear seat. You only need to pull it back a foot or so.

5) on the passenger side, there should be 2-3 screws that hold the passenger side panel. Unscrew those. After that, pull on the plastic panel like you did with the wood trim and it should come off. the whole passenger side should be exposed and you'll see the space that i referred to behind the radio...facing the radio, the port is located on the lower right-hand corner of the radio. Feel around in the back of the radio and you'll feel a big hole and thats the port that the adaptor plugs into. I have a pic of the back of the radio so if you need it for visual purposes, i'll email it to you.

6) I stuck the adaptor itself in the space behind the carpet, near the passenger foot area.

I hope these instructions help!
pls...could u send me a pic of d back of d radio...??? thx
freeurmind69@hotmail.com
much appreciated!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Use the correct forum please.

In this case, the Audio forum in the OT link.