A bit OT: New RL Navi

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit OT: New RL Navi

Is Alpine making that new RL navi system? I don't know if you guys have seen it, but it's going to have real-time traffic updates this fall. That is PRICELESS. I hope there's an aftermarket version of it.

Schlotkins
Old 07-26-2004, 12:39 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is a full control conversion screen avaiable from acura, at least here in Canada it is. It will basically take away all climate controls, stereo controls, give you a CD drive (not sure about DVD), Navigation, Rear View Camera and a touch screen to control everything... it's about 3 grand canadian from acura and it will supposedly go into almost any acura ( the newer ones not a 93 integra) The guy that told me about this was a parts guy at a local acura dealership a he came across the parking lot to see a bunch of us (Acura-TL members), he was joking and said "what is this a TL meet?" we were like "ya, and..." that's when he when off about his job at Acura, and he hadn't seen to many T:s modded so he had to come over and check it out. Funny thing was Bixcig (probably spelt wrong) was up from New York that day and was hanging out with us in the parking lot, he had just installed his carputer and navi.. that's what sparked the conversation about the Acura Navi/touch screen option.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Yada, Yada, Yada

That would be sweet!
Old 07-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
there is a full control conversion screen avaiable from acura, at least here in Canada it is. It will basically take away all climate controls, stereo controls, give you a CD drive (not sure about DVD), Navigation, Rear View Camera and a touch screen to control everything... it's about 3 grand canadian from acura and it will supposedly go into almost any acura ( the newer ones not a 93 integra) The guy that told me about this was a parts guy at a local acura dealership a he came across the parking lot to see a bunch of us (Acura-TL members), he was joking and said "what is this a TL meet?" we were like "ya, and..." that's when he when off about his job at Acura, and he hadn't seen to many T:s modded so he had to come over and check it out. Funny thing was Bixcig (probably spelt wrong) was up from New York that day and was hanging out with us in the parking lot, he had just installed his carputer and navi.. that's what sparked the conversation about the Acura Navi/touch screen option.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh damn!! Please let this pan out, I'd pay 3K for a navi like the RL plus all those features.... where do I sign???
Old 07-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Intermediate

That works!

That's nice... I still wonder if Alpine (or whoever makes it) will have a retail product for other makes. Not sure if I'll upgrade my navi or not.

Schlotkins
Old 07-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom

OMGHI2U

Any links?