Birds Birds Birds!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 11:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birds Birds Birds!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! I have been noticing that these birds in my neighbourhood like to poop on my black TL!! I am so upset. By the time I notice the poop, it is dried up.

What makes me even madder is that I just washed my car today and one hour later those bastards did it again!

-Tom

Acura TL-P Nighthawk 2003
Old 04-25-2002, 11:49 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear you. I think these dam birds love a nice clean black car to $hit on.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
yeah the birds just fly around looking... oh wow newly washed car.. i gotta mark it.. oh and its a TL... even better... no garage??? my TL is kept garage when it is at home
Old 04-26-2002, 12:30 AM
Instructor

too bad my work don't provide garage.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:51 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

whats really bad is when bird **** eats your clear-coat
Old 04-26-2002, 02:06 AM
O.G.

Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
whats really bad is when bird **** eats your clear-coat
That's why you got to clean that $hit off ASAP!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:16 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, this might sound a little absurd.. but if you do it enough times it'll work

if it happens by your house and you have some time and you happen to catch them like chillin on the edge of your roof or nearby, you get one of those 20-30 ft. super soakers and shoot at em either that or you get an airgun and permanently snuff them out
Old 04-26-2002, 08:49 AM
Instructor

Again, I live in a apartment with no garage and my office does not have a garage either.

btw, miwa, Thanks for the advice lol !

-Tom
Old 04-26-2002, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Could be worse--it coulda been a cat walking on top of your car. And yes, cats do stuff like that, especially if you have a black car. You know a cat's been on your car when you see their dirt-colored paw prints all over it.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:44 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by tdoh
Could be worse--it coulda been a cat walking on top of your car. And yes, cats do stuff like that, especially if you have a black car. You know a cat's been on your car when you see their dirt-colored paw prints all over it.
YEAH~~ Cats like to seat on top of warm hood.

One day, damn cat went inside the engine room on my BOSS's Accord and he freaked out after he found out that he drove the car with the cat sitting right behind the engine. :wow:
Old 04-28-2002, 11:06 PM
PAW
Instructor

New Cat

When I was growing up, we had a cat that became a Manx and a saddle back. The fan chopped off 3/4 of it's tail and shaved the fur off one side. Manx are are breed of cat with no tail. The cat probably used up multiple lives that day. Fun, it never liked the sound of a car starting after that day?!?! :wow:
Old 04-28-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh my gosh .. dont even let me get started on cats .. my friggin neighbors.. they have these unspayed cats .. and EVERY Friggin year.. I have a new set of kittens to train NOT to come over to my lot. how? well, using the said super soaker, I actually drench em it makes great sport, but sometimes they still sneak up in the middle of the nite.. oh well.. can't win em all.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Angry

I feel your pain just get some of that Quick Detailer spray.
I use it all the time for that & a bottle of glass cleaner I keep in the trunk. The birds love a clean car & they tee off on them.
Plaese don't get me started on cats & the paw prints.
I use to have a detached garage to my house but I tore it down. I did this just before I got the TL so it never had a garage I just use the concrete foundation from the garage. When I did have it the door was not secure & a cat would get in & crawl all over my ACCORD. The cat would run out when it would here me comming.
I fixed his butt & boarded up the place were the cat would get in.
I also remeber when my sister was living here & parked her minivan in the back also. This kitten had crawled up into the engine one night. When my sister started the van up the next mourning we here this loud thump. I looked under the hood & saw nothing at that time. She pulled out the yard & thae van started to make noises. The power steering had gone out & warning light were on. I then notice this kitten on the ground & thought it was dead. I got my work gloves to pick it up but it jumped up & ran with a limp. I had it cornered agian & it ran away with a limp again. We had the van towed to the DODGE dealership. I did not say a word about a cat being up in the engine. The van was still under warranty & the dealer charge was over $700. They charge my sister about $22 for the belt that was broken. That cat had done alot of damage to the van. That cat limped around thru the alley for over a year. I think the city came out & caught it along with its mate & offspring.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:58 PM
All Hail the Chief

Yep, I keep the Meguiar's Quik Detailer w/ terry towel in the trunk for those birdy type occasions!

I also live in an apartment w/ no garage and work where there is no protection , one day though I'm gonna have me a phat crib w/ garage!

Nobody mentioned the damage cats can do to your paint@!!@!!! Back when I lived at home, a neighbor's cat used to always get on top of my old car. I started noticing thin paralell scratches all over my car. It's from their nails! Be very careful of cats on your car. There are a bunch at my apartment complex that always climb on top of cars parked across the lot, so I always make sure that I don't park on that side of the lot.