Beat an Infiniti MFR. Rep- In his G35-

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Hard to knock the reliability when not a single review or evaluation has given the car anything but a thumbs up on a car that has been out for 5 model years now.
I think we are going to see that change...
Old 07-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by garylee55

I think we are going to see that change...
After the TL has already been out 5 years already??? All those points I mention and thats your only reply??

Seriously you are happy with your G35 great, but all your posts trying to put down Acura are just getting a little tiresome, and very lame.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:39 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice post, but I disgaree with the first paragraph I quoted and wanted to add something to the 2nd.

The TL-S paint probems have all been the paint is too soft, etc, etc. As was stated several times, thats an EPA issue, not an Acura issue. All car paints today are water based paints which makes them much softer than years ago and that has affected all car makes. BMW, Acura, even Nissan, Infiniti, Audi, and Toyota; it doesnt matter. All newer car owners are complaining their paint is too soft, especially in comparison to their older cars, and if you ask any detailer, they will tell you the same thing. Thats a fact!
The only fact you posted was that many members had the opinion that the paint was soft. Yup thats true, but compared to what???

In review after review cost cutting on fit and finish in the G35 was a major issue. These Companies dont make their own paint, they just decide on the colors.

On the 2nd paragraph, I have owned a Nissan Sentra and Nissan Max. The Sentra ate 3 trannies before we ditched that POS, and the Max was recalled 3x for various fixes.
Yeh, like all the paint bubbles and circles on their hoods that TLS owners have complained about were due to soft paint. And my TLS has been in twice already for recalls; but hey Honda/Acuras are bulletproof.

I think not
Old 07-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by imax

Yeh, like all the paint bubbles and circles on their hoods that TLS owners have complained about were due to soft paint. And my TLS has been in twice already for recalls; but hey Honda/Acuras are bulletproof.

I think not
Alot of members complaining about bubbles and circles???? Where were those posts???

A minute on Freshalloy and I found this.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Numerous threads about problems huh?? I guess I was wrong, and the Nissan/Infinitis are bulletproof. No car is flawless no matter how hard some may try to make those protrayals. No matter what is said Honda/Acura is known for its reliability. The TL is no exception in every review out there despite the opinion of a few.

We can get into this mine is better than yours argument forever and ever. For every point made about the g35 I can name one for the TL-S and vice versa. They are both great cars, but I will continue to post/counterpost as long as there are losers like truthoffacts aka BigPimpin(confirmed with an IP comparison) who just come here to try and talk crapp about the car. This is afterall our house, and respect will be paid.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TO WHOMEVER RESURRECTED THIS MUMMY POST:

YOUR A FAG

Old 07-20-2002, 12:00 AM
Banned

After the TL has already been out 5 years already??? All those points I mention and thats your only reply??

Seriously you are happy with your G35 great, but all your posts trying to put down Acura are just getting a little tiresome, and very lame.
After 5 years acura still can't build tranny that doesn't fall apart.

Really a dog would have learned something after that many years.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:28 AM
DHB
Instructor

We have a 03 TLS here and other than the center console popping open on very hot days, it's been absolutely perfect at almost 4000 miles. The White Diamond Pearl paint seems perfect too as we haven't seen any defects after numerous hand washes and drying.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:19 AM
Burning Brakes

All I have to say is Acura started this 260+ hp sedan market, and now every other car company is jumping on the banwaggon. Even VW just came out with the 260 hp passat. Acura is allways the pioneer. Just like the vtec, the vtec engine is now in many cars they just don't call it vtec. BMW's have variable valve timing too. While everone else is trying to catch up, Honda Motor Co. is working on the next hot thing to hit the streets!
Old 07-20-2002, 03:49 AM
...and then there was One

Originally posted by truthoffacts

All that, and all you can fall back on is the tranny?? You are lame. Besides... we all know there have been posts on the G35 forums about tranny failures. Now, go play in the playground with all the other little kiddies.
Old 07-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator

You're right 5 years is a long time. Just 3x that will also give us your age and IQ.

AS Sim said, search on fresshalloy for tranny, paint, A/C noise, rattle. Guess what kid get settled in for some reading.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SimTypeS

All that, and all you can fall back on is the tranny?? You are lame. Besides... we all know there have been posts on the G35 forums about tranny failures. Now, go play in the playground with all the other little kiddies.
The tranny is a huge component of a car, I would rather have a car with subjective rear end looks than a car with a high rate of failure.

Now go play in traffic.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Banned

You're right 5 years is a long time. Just 3x that will also give us your age and IQ.

AS Sim said, search on fresshalloy for tranny, paint, A/C noise, rattle. Guess what kid get settled in for some reading.
It seems like your the immature one, you have to refute to personally attacks.

I am sorry that Tim, let 12 year old kids run this place.
Old 07-20-2002, 05:22 PM
...and then there was One

The tranny is a huge component of a car, I would rather have a car with subjective rear end looks than a car with a high rate of failure.

Now go play in traffic.
I do play in traffic, and still laugh at all the old ladies that drive those ugly a s s G35's (I'll admit the coupe looks nice). Front, rear, it's ugly.
What percent of TL trannies go out? What happens when it does? You get a different car while yours is being fixed. How many repeat failures have there been? 1? 2? If the G35 is ALREADY having problems, imagine how bad it will be in 5 years. Dumba s s. I would tell you to go play in traffic, but nobody will play with you and your fugly car.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator

It seems like your the immature one, you have to refute to personally attacks.

I am sorry that Tim, let 12 year old kids run this place.
12???? Reread your posts idiot. Whose posts read like those of a 12 year old??

Your/You're and the 2nd half of that post I wont even touch.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:55 AM
2nd Gear

Smile Why bashing each other

I have been browsing this forum as well as Freshalloy, Edmunds , C&D and BMW etc. since early this year. Why? I was shopping for a new car.

First thanks for all the information people sharing here, good or bad all valuable to me.

I see no need of bashing on each other who is immature or inferior. We share our experience, exitement and problem here, which you all helped me in selecting my new car. Thanks again.

I bought G35, but it does not necessarily mean I will be in bed with Nissan for ever. Wife was looking at a TLS for herself, but decided to put off alittle bit, becasue the doubt on tranny. But I think she is still in love with TLs. She did not drive the G once since we bought it two months ago, she is the one thinking it is not good looking for her taste. But G35 is my car. And I will not stop her buying a new 04 tls either, if she decides to.

Someone might think I am just another G owner trying to bashing on Acura. I think I am just doing my information gethering here and there. Acura should be proud of that they have so many loyal customer and this should push them to more improvement.

I will buy an acura if in the future Acura has mush better product and the right styling I happen to like. I am not loyal to any brand, I am loyal to quality, service and more horse-power.

Have a nice day,
Old 07-22-2002, 11:31 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by JPTLS21
All I have to say is Acura started this 260+ hp sedan market, and now every other car company is jumping on the banwaggon. Even VW just came out with the 260 hp passat. Acura is allways the pioneer. Just like the vtec, the vtec engine is now in many cars they just don't call it vtec. BMW's have variable valve timing too. While everone else is trying to catch up, Honda Motor Co. is working on the next hot thing to hit the streets!

EXACTLY .........................the g35 just about catches the current TLS right when the TLS is about to be completely redesigned.................and i dont thik acura will go backwards in this department
Old 07-22-2002, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

That is great

That is exactly what acura should do as well as any its competitions.

This would make all of us happier.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Comptech Freak

Re: Why bashing each other

Originally posted by xsunny
I have been browsing this forum as well as Freshalloy, Edmunds , C&D and BMW etc. since early this year. Why? I was shopping for a new car.

First thanks for all the information people sharing here, good or bad all valuable to me.

I see no need of bashing on each other who is immature or inferior. We share our experience, exitement and problem here, which you all helped me in selecting my new car. Thanks again.

I bought G35, but it does not necessarily mean I will be in bed with Nissan for ever. Wife was looking at a TLS for herself, but decided to put off alittle bit, becasue the doubt on tranny. But I think she is still in love with TLs. She did not drive the G once since we bought it two months ago, she is the one thinking it is not good looking for her taste. But G35 is my car. And I will not stop her buying a new 04 tls either, if she decides to.

Someone might think I am just another G owner trying to bashing on Acura. I think I am just doing my information gethering here and there. Acura should be proud of that they have so many loyal customer and this should push them to more improvement.

I will buy an acura if in the future Acura has mush better product and the right styling I happen to like. I am not loyal to any brand, I am loyal to quality, service and more horse-power.

Have a nice day,
no offense...but i doubt nissan has better quality than the honda/acura

i drove both maxima/TL
and i think TL has done a great job for the interior setup and materials used
Old 07-23-2002, 12:30 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Why bashing each other

Originally posted by samkws

no offense...but i doubt nissan has better quality than the honda/acura

i drove both maxima/TL
and i think TL has done a great job for the interior setup and materials used
I agree that Nissan's quality currently needs work however, Infiniti has consistently had excellent quality. Go to JD powers initial quality survey and you will see that Acura has only recently tied with infiniti in that area. In the past, Infiniti was second only to Lexus.

In reliability, no contest. infiniti has ranked 2nd behind Lexus (once again) consistently. Infiniti has had good products in the past and they are on a roll. I think the 3 japanese luxury marquees are all excellent and each offer a different flavor so lets not bash here.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Re: Why bashing each other

Originally posted by EZZ

I agree that Nissan's quality currently needs work however, Infiniti has consistently had excellent quality. Go to JD powers initial quality survey and you will see that Acura has only recently tied with infiniti in that area. In the past, Infiniti was second only to Lexus.

In reliability, no contest. infiniti has ranked 2nd behind Lexus (once again) consistently. Infiniti has had good products in the past and they are on a roll. I think the 3 japanese luxury marquees are all excellent and each offer a different flavor so lets not bash here.

you can find a jd power survey to tell u anything you want..............theres like a 100 of them............i think quality and reliability equate to resale value and we all know the answer to that question
Old 07-23-2002, 02:14 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why bashing each other

Originally posted by OhioCLS6

you can find a jd power survey to tell u anything you want..............theres like a 100 of them............i think quality and reliability equate to resale value and we all know the answer to that question
So I guess Ferrari and Jaguar have the best reliability in the business