back from Detroit (North American International) Auto Show (no pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Post back from Detroit (North American International) Auto Show (no pics)

Everyone,

I am back from the Autoshow. Let me say that the Acura pavillion looks impressive. As you'd expect, every car in the Acura line-up was silver. Things to note: they had two 2003 CL-Type-S's on display -- I like how the 6-speed set-up but the knob on top is too plain and kinda small. They had 2 Type-S RSX's. Also had the TL Type-S.

But what was most important to me is this: I was talking to one of the Acura reps and sad to say that there will be 2 (count them, two) premiers at the New York Autoshow. One will be a car that will compete with the IS300 (dimension, power, etc) and a second auto that is supposedly the successor to the RL. The latter is pure speculation -- it will be a V8 (to compete with the Q45, LS430) either RWD or AWD. The rep did not know if it'll be there or not!

As for the TL -- it will be designed for 2004 and will most likely come out in 2003 (as said in a previous thread on this site). The rep did say the Type-S will come out in the same year. SO ... for those who are willing to wait ... perhaps spring 2003 is the time to buy a TL!

Lastly, I was truly upset to discover my Advantix camera to be non-functional on the day I needed it most. Of course, it was the stupid battery that was giving me problems. Sorry -- I would have LOVED to post pictures but not this time. I can't justify spending another US$10 to go in as well as fight all the traffic at the border.

Take care everyone. Hope this info was helpful.
- derrick
Old 01-13-2002, 02:20 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the update Derrick! Trade in time in 2003!