Baby Blue TL unveiled (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 12:18 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ElegantTL

with some modification i guess. You can do it....it has obviously been done..and you know it can be done.
yeah.. I can tell.. just wondering if the mod would be complicated or not?
Old 01-20-2002, 12:32 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think not that much.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Chien

yeah.. I can tell.. just wondering if the mod would be complicated or not?
It would seem like it's a complicated mod. b/c the 01 TL oem kit is an add on piece that gets put on from the bottom, whereas the 02 OEM kit goes over the bottom portion. Look closely at the two kits as I have and you will see it is harder then it looks, if you do plan on doing this, make sure you get a skilled bodyshop to do it for you.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:04 AM
2nd Gear

RE: Video on Navi?

I'm new to this site...with lots of questions :-)

How do you setup dvd video on the navi?

i have a 99 TL with the navi (hard disk) and a 2001 Odyssey with Navi and would love to setup dvd for them.

I see a lot of pictures on this site and links of members having that setup.

Both cars are completely stock (would like to keep them that way) except for dvd/video navi

If you know of any place in the Bay Area that's done it, would love the links to contact them.

thanks!
Old 01-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: RE: Video on Navi?

Originally posted by mkaishar
I'm new to this site...with lots of questions :-)

How do you setup dvd video on the navi?

i have a 99 TL with the navi (hard disk) and a 2001 Odyssey with Navi and would love to setup dvd for them.

I see a lot of pictures on this site and links of members having that setup.

Both cars are completely stock (would like to keep them that way) except for dvd/video navi

If you know of any place in the Bay Area that's done it, would love the links to contact them.

thanks!
That modification is very hard to do at this point, the reason being that you have to find the RGB decoder box for it. It is currently discountinued from all manufacters right now.

Secondly if you are able to get your hands on one, you will need to find someone or if you are very techinically inclined in electronics you will have to modify it.

Thirdly, you will need to do the installation, which may void your warranty on your DVD Navi Screen. That's a chance you will have to take. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear.

So the first thing you have to do is to be able to find the decoder box. Then we'll talk...e-mail or PM me for me info if you are able to find it.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: RE: Video on Navi?

Ok, I could get a decoder and able to get some who's technical enough to install it. I don't think it will void my DVD navi warranty since I don't have one. So tell what I need to do next? hahaha!! Please help me!!

Originally posted by bdimc2001

That modification is very hard to do at this point, the reason being that you have to find the RGB decoder box for it. It is currently discountinued from all manufacters right now.

Secondly if you are able to get your hands on one, you will need to find someone or if you are very techinically inclined in electronics you will have to modify it.

Thirdly, you will need to do the installation, which may void your warranty on your DVD Navi Screen. That's a chance you will have to take. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear.

So the first thing you have to do is to be able to find the decoder box. Then we'll talk...e-mail or PM me for me info if you are able to find it.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:54 PM
2nd Gear

Re: Re: RE: Video on Navi?

Thanks for the info, with all this work, I'm not sure if it's worth it on my TL, but I might end up buying the overhead dvd for the Odyssey.

What is the largest screen out there for the over head dvd players?
Old 01-25-2002, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: RE: Video on Navi?

Originally posted by TypeSDragon
Ok, I could get a decoder and able to get some who's technical enough to install it. I don't think it will void my DVD navi warranty since I don't have one. So tell what I need to do next? hahaha!! Please help me!!

What you need to do next is take me to Florida with you :P

Mkaishar, I have no idea what the biggest screen is...it's gonna cost you though..
Old 01-25-2002, 06:44 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Video on Navi?

What you need to do next is take me to Florida with you :P

Make sure you guys get a room with only one bed.

Mkaishar, I know that the new Odyssey comes with the dvd entertainment system built right in so ask your local honda dealer if they can install one for you. If not, ask them where you can get one.

Good luck!
Old 02-26-2002, 04:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey BDimc.... can you ask your friend if he had to bondo the 02 lip on? Or can it be done witout bondoing it? I need to know ASAP... Thanks
Old 02-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

bondo isnt stickey... what your supposed to do is secure the lip on ie: screw , rivet and then bondo in the holes ... to " mold " the lip in you would have to build it up and then sand it to the shape desired .... all bondo is , is body filler and then you have to work it to make it look good
Old 02-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Honkey

I'm by no means an expert, but I don't think you're supposed to use "bondo" on polyurethane. It dries too hard and will have a tendency to crack. I think there's a special kind of filler that's similar to epoxy that is better suited for this application. There's also a technique called plastic welding that may be a solution as well.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:17 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
By the tiem you finish the project, you would have already wasted money on the spolier and customizing it, for that you can have a custom shop start you one from scratch and have something that no one has. Just a thought.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

SiGh... this would be a lot easier if BDIMC asked his friend...