autolamps-online.com delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 08:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
autolamps-online.com delivery

For those who got their 6000k from autolamps-online.com, how long did you wait for them to come?

Tatewaki
Old 06-17-2002, 08:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
didnt they give u a ups tracking number ????
Old 06-17-2002, 08:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

No :o I don't think they shipped my bulbs yet. I think they are out of stock or something...

Tatewaki
Old 06-17-2002, 09:56 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Tatewaki
No :o I don't think they shipped my bulbs yet. I think they are out of stock or something...

Tatewaki
I hear it takes about a week and a half.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck, I hope you get them before July 1st.

let me know how it turns out, and if I am done moving by then, maybe I can go and check out your ride. But I been very busy, moving and summer school drives crazy
Old 06-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

It took me a week.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:25 PM
O.G.

Well I ordered my D2S on June 8th and I still haven't received any shipping details yet. I have been e-mailing me and they are saying that they are expecting a delivery from Philips yesterday. So I e-mailed them again today but they haven't responded back yet. I will keep you guys updated.

I just hope it gets here before the big US/Canada meet in Niagara on July 6th.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

thats why i like to purchase from a company that has a 800 number and i always ask if the item is in stock b4 i order ...but even then there is no guarentee...ive placed orders b4 where they said the item was in stock to find out im on the backorder list .
Old 06-18-2002, 11:37 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Didn't know autolamp-online is giving delievery problem like this.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:29 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by songoku
Didn't know autolamp-online is giving delievery problem like this.
Paul, I don't think it's a delivery problem. It's more like an in-stock problem.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:53 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by BlackShadow

Paul, I don't think it's a delivery problem. It's more like an in-stock problem.
Somebody also said they want something fax to them to verify the resident or something? I think that's odd, too.

Hey Binh, did they ask you to do that too?
Old 06-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Drifting

Somebody also said they want something fax to them to verify the resident or something? I think that's odd, too.

It's actually a disclaimer form saying you know that those bulbs are not DOT approved and if you get in trouble, you can not hold them responsible.
For the people who ordered from Autolamps-online.com, DO NOT cancel your order. This is just a warning in case some of you guys might be tired of waiting or impatient. Reason being is that if you cancel your order, Autolamps will charge you a restocking fee REGARDLESS if they sent out the bulbs or not. This restocking fee amounts to about $30.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Instructor

autolamp-online sucks @ss....i placed an order on the 21st of may....yes that's right...may....and still nada!!!!...i've emailed and emailed and no return....there is a $280 bill in my account and no bulbs!!!!!

other than that.. i love my car
Old 06-18-2002, 10:00 PM
O.G.

Yea they did. All they ask for was a recent credit card bill (you can block all necessary info) or driver's license so that they can see that the address is the same. So I faxed them a copy of my driver's license and they even refund the faxing $$$ (which was $5). I thought it was odd too but I guess you can never be too careful these days.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:04 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by 16975
autolamp-online sucks @ss....i placed an order on the 21st of may....yes that's right...may....and still nada!!!!...i've emailed and emailed and no return....there is a $280 bill in my account and no bulbs!!!!!

other than that.. i love my car
OMG, I hope they don't take that long for mine. I just ordered mine last week. I need it before the meet on July 6th.

BTW, I have sent them like 3 e-mails already and they have replied back to each one of them. Here was the latest update from them today:

Sorry if you have not received our mail explaining that we are closed until Wed for a show, and also to update you on the delivery.
We were promised the arrival of our stock order last week but due to weather problems it was not possible for them to make the delivery schedule on Friday they will arrive in our absence and I will confirm the shipping to you upon my return on Thursday.
Thanks for your patience.

I'll keep updating you guys.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

I bought my Philips 6000K from www.suvlights.com Shipped out the next day and i got it in 3 days after ordered. It's d2s bulb and costed me $280 shipped. I heard he bought it from a guy in Taiwain and resell it to us. Should have bought it straight from that Taiwainese guy and save $20..oh well...
Old 06-19-2002, 02:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

for the $20 bucks id rather go with a company that is more reliable and is quick to deliver the goods.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:46 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
for the $20 bucks id rather go with a company that is more reliable and is quick to deliver the goods.
The moment I sent the money...the product was shipped the next day. I receieved it like a day later from Airbourne Express. How can we say that any other company is any more reputable...it's not like I am trying to compare Comptech to H&R or something here. I have one friend who bought the HID kit from Autolamps-online.com and one of his bulbs was messed up which they refused to do anything about. I've heard and seen some people order on this site from them also, but apparently they are on backorder or something. I've only heard of like maybe a couple people who ordered from suvlights.com...when I was there, I couldn't seem to find the order button and there was no frame of reference as to whether or not that company is any better. Then as far as the Taiwan company I got it from, this recommendation came from Songoku (Paul Lee) and a few people ordered from that guy too. All in all, there is nothing to prove that any of these companies are better than the other. I will admit more people probably ordered from the auto-lamps-online.com, but perhaps not that many knew about the other websites. It wasn't like I ordered Japanese made HID bulbs, these are German bulbs and unless the makers in Taiwan spell Taiwan like this: G-E-R-M-A-N-Y, then who knows. And as far as reliability, how do you define that? The guy from Taiwan answered all my emails within a day and had satifactory answers for all of them. I tried emailing autolamps-online.com and got no response, and so did other people. Suvlights.com I didn't even try so I can't comment. Or perhaps I am wrong and what you meant was to go to a store and buy the bulbs or kit? Unfortunately, I do not have money to afford just going to a store and buying HID bulbs, and thus must resort to shopping around online. Granted it is a gamble, but we do what we have to to save money. My .02.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

I ordered from autolamps-online.com instead of others because their site offered more info and they have secure payment methods. I tried www.suvlights.com also, but no secure ordering. They don't show everything they offer online (I see only D2S, no D2R) Now which site is better than the other, I agree with peiqinglong that none of us will ever know. I ordered from autolamps since there are ppl who had good experience with them. And I go by their reputations. I know they are on back-order so I know it'll be late. But I'd rather wait a bit longer and have more peace of mind when transacting online, then to save $20 and order from a shady site. Not that www.suvlights.com is shady or anything. Other ppl here had good experience with them. As long as I can get my order at a fair price, that's all I can ask for. I know sometimes it's a bummer to be on back-order list :o But that's just a facts of life. :p

Tatewwaki
Old 06-19-2002, 10:30 PM
O.G.

I ordered from autolamps-online.com instead of others because their site offered more info and they have secure payment methods. I tried www.suvlights.com also, but no secure ordering. They don't show everything they offer online (I see only D2S, no D2R) Now which site is better than the other, I agree with peiqinglong that none of us will ever know. I ordered from autolamps since there are ppl who had good experience with them. And I go by their reputations. I know they are on back-order so I know it'll be late. But I'd rather wait a bit longer and have more peace of mind when transacting online, then to save $20 and order from a shady site. Not that www.suvlights.com is shady or anything. Other ppl here had good experience with them. As long as I can get my order at a fair price, that's all I can ask for. I know sometimes it's a bummer to be on back-order list :o But that's just a facts of life. :p

Tatewwaki
That's why I ordered from autolamps also. But I really hope it comes in before the US/Canada meet on July 6th. BTW, are you going to that meet. It should be by the falls.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's why I ordered from autolamps also. But I really hope it comes in before the US/Canada meet on July 6th. BTW, are you going to that meet. It should be by the falls.
Yup. If all goes as planned I'm going to the meet. But I need some more info on time and location.

Yes, I wish I can get my 6000k before the meet. :o But as a second mod for me, I'll for sure get my clear LED spoiler assembly before July 6th They just sent it out today.

Hopefully it'll be a more unique mod on my car then the rest of the elites

Tatewaki
Old 06-19-2002, 11:37 PM
O.G.

Yup. If all goes as planned I'm going to the meet. But I need some more info on time and location.

Yes, I wish I can get my 6000k before the meet. :o But as a second mod for me, I'll for sure get my clear LED spoiler assembly before July 6th They just sent it out today.

We are in the same boat then with the 6000k HIDs. As far as time and location, go back to the beginning of that thread and it should be there. But I am waiting for Al, who is setting this meet up, to respond.

BTW, can't wait to see that clear LED spoiler in person. See you there.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

We are in the same boat then with the 6000k HIDs. As far as time and location, go back to the beginning of that thread and it should be there. But I am waiting for Al, who is setting this meet up, to respond.

BTW, can't wait to see that clear LED spoiler in person. See you there.
I you know something about the meet, please email me klok1@rogers.com I read the thread but there are too much info...too many ppl saying things. Dunno which is the most accurate

Tatewaki
Old 06-20-2002, 12:43 AM
O.G.

I you know something about the meet, please email me klok1@rogers.com I read the thread but there are too much info...too many ppl saying things. Dunno which is the most accurate

Tatewaki
No problem...as soon as I find out the final details, I'll tell you and have him post it up too.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Besides those who replied, anybody else having delivery problems with autolamps-online.com? Anybody got updates from them?

Tatewaki