Audi A6 2.7T KILL!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol
A6 2.7T are slow until they hit on hwy..they are more at the high end...and just at a mild tuning 250hp...

time for the RS4/RS6 show up...
Old 02-12-2003, 10:19 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, RS4/6! :wow: :facelick: :worship:

Originally posted by samkws
time for the RS4/RS6 show up...
Old 02-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Advanced

I raced a S4 and the outcome was I kept up with him, but the S4 is faster and its a very nice car .... I wish they were cheaper
Old 02-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ferizzo
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, RS4/6! :wow: :facelick: :worship:

I'm thinking about putting down 1k at Clair to get on the list if the RS4 makes it to the states. Hope to catch up w/ you one of these days Freddie.........

as for the s4 v. TL debate.....its not really an apples to apples comparison. Both cars have there +'s and -'s.......take it from me, I've owned both.

When I had my TL I missed the aftermarktet support of tuners and there is little local interest in the car. Wheras w/ the S4 there is a rediculous aftermarket and the Boston area has one of the best Audi communities in the country. I miss the kickass stock NAV on the TL and the extra room. But there really is nothing like the Germanic feel of the S4 and Audi really makes the best interiors in the business IMO. Also, a 3800 lb car that will do the 1/4 in less than 13 seconds is a lot of fun......mine is modded

For the money the TLS is a hell of a car and can stay with a S4 if the S4 driver is an average driver or if you race from say 15mph. However, from a standstill the S4 has such an advantage in the first 60 ft. For example, I was averaging 1.85 60 ft times last fall (and I am not a very good driver IMO) and a TL will average 60 ft's of 2.2 or so. Basically, the S4 will have a car....car and a half lead in the first 60 ft and the TL will never catch up. The best stock S4 time I have seen in person is 14.1 and the best stock time I have seen on a TLS is 15.0. A second at 95-100MPH is 5 cars or so....maybe a little more. Regardless, neither the S4 or the TLS are drag cars......for some reason there is a misconseption that the S4 is a drag car.....not sure where that came from???If you want a drag car, go buy a Cobra and you'll be running 12's w/ bolt ons for less than 35K.

Anyway, the TL is a killer value in the intro-luxury sedan market and the S4 is a 40k+ sport-luxury car......both great cars, but not exactly cars that I would compare with each other......

As for this thread, if the A6 was a tip a TLS could hang with it no doubt. However, if the A6 driver was actually racing you, there is no way a TLS would "own" an A6.......it is the same engine as the S4 w/ a few hundred more pounds on board.....stock v. stock would be a race I would like to see....

For fun, take a look at this.....It is the fastest run that I have on video.....The video definately doesn't do 100MPH justice.

As always please right click and save. BTW, this was against a SVT Lightning and I hope you have Quicktime.

Enjoy!!

http://www.smalldogstudios.com/ben.mov

PS-If any of you are in the Boston area and would like to hit the track this summeer, drop me an e-mail at benjamin.woodford@verizon.net
Old 02-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Racer

I'll take you up on that offer Ben...doubt I'll be in the 12 second club withough losing some weight (me and the car) but you never know what can happen when the new 104 prgramming comes out from APR. Although I want to see what I can get on 93 programming as much clutch is still stock. I'd like to be in the 13's on the 93 program. That is probably a dream with my skills.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:27 PM
still a Masshole

Ben,

We should get together sometime soon. I almost made it to F1 this past weekend to see you, ray and Cy but unfortunately I had a little accident in the TLS last week and had to deal with that ****. I'll go to the track with you guys this spring/summer but I'll be happy if I can just hit mid-14s with headers and hopefully a CAI/Icebox (If the fiancee lets me!).

Maybe I'll tag along with ray next audi meet. Hope all is well. Oh and you have to take me for a spin in that green monster of yours (and then the RS4 when you get it)!
Old 02-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ferizzo
Ben,

We should get together sometime soon. I almost made it to F1 this past weekend to see you, ray and Cy but unfortunately I had a little accident in the TLS last week and had to deal with that ****. I'll go to the track with you guys this spring/summer but I'll be happy if I can just hit mid-14s with headers and hopefully a CAI/Icebox (If the fiancee lets me!).

Maybe I'll tag along with ray next audi meet. Hope all is well. Oh and you have to take me for a spin in that green monster of yours (and then the RS4 when you get it)!
Too bad you weren't i nthe market for headers when I sold mine last year ........We'll definately go for a ride....the turos love the cold As for the RS4, chances are it won't make it to the statess, but i can dream right?
Old 02-17-2003, 08:29 AM
still a Masshole

Yes you can! You can always convert your S4 into an RS4...asthetically and performance-wise (although it sounds like you are pretty much there).

I probably would have been better off buying your CT headers...oh well hope the OBXs can hold up!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Racer

Actually, the S4 head with RS4 turbos is faster than an RS4...We shoudl see the local versions of these cars in Boston in te low 12's and possibly in the 11's on race fuel this spring. But I'm still going to own them on the autoX....I hope.