Attn: Toronto TL'ers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 06:35 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: Toronto TL'ers...

I need your help...

I'm heading from Ottawa to T.O. next Friday in search of a 2000 - 2001 TL. There are a few used car lot dealers that I am already planning to visit...

- Ontario Fine Cars
- Ideal Fine Cars
- Lavish Auto Sales
- Import Motors
- A.M.S. Sales

These are all in the North York area... Does anyone know anything good or bad about these dealers???

Also, do you think that you could point me in the direction of anymore dealers

Thanks for the help

Mike
Old 01-30-2005, 07:22 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my buddy just had a CL-S 6spd with 74,000km on it... he was looking for just over 20 for it.. honestly I was seriously considering swapping mine for it..

I've got a couple of firends running used car dealerships... I'll talk to them, If you want to call before you come down you can call Adam Broome at Kia Newmarket in the used cars department. Or Lee Ziraldo at Leading Edge Motor Cars, in woodbridge.. Mention Patrick O. or if you mention this TL fourm they'll know you're talking about me... they know I live here....lol.

I've known both of these guys for years, and they spend about a quarter million dollars on used cars at auctions every other week.... I can just give them the specs and they'll check the auction listings...Every car, every make
Old 01-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Before you make the trip, be sure to know how much these cars are going for. Trader.ca for a virtual look ... then find a blackbook price to see what it's worth wholesale (go to chrylser or toyota.ca to get to blackbook appraisal).

Hope that helps.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by elementdriver
I need your help...

I'm heading from Ottawa to T.O. next Friday in search of a 2000 - 2001 TL. There are a few used car lot dealers that I am already planning to visit...

- Ontario Fine Cars
- Ideal Fine Cars
- Lavish Auto Sales
- Import Motors
- A.M.S. Sales

These are all in the North York area... Does anyone know anything good or bad about these dealers???

Also, do you think that you could point me in the direction of anymore dealers

Thanks for the help

Mike
Those used car dealers are at a crappy area near my school (York University), they are located at Downsville area. i doubt they are gd.

how much you are looking for?

a 2001 TL at the dealer is around 21k
Old 01-30-2005, 10:07 PM

if they are out near that area I would personally stay away from them... I found a couple of TL's ownd by them that I was considering buying.... everyone I know in the cr industry told me to stay away from that perticular area... and also out in scarborough... they sell fixed-up salvaged viechles, not all but some... I found a 2001 prelude with 20,000 km on it for 5 grand... the title was "unfit" though... meaning it had being written off and the insurance comany has already pad out the money for it... then sold it to this shop for parts.. unfit viechles are expensive to insure..

I would do some shopping on the autotrader and then call around with some of those prices as your "ballpark"...

I'll ask my buddies to look in this week's auction listings.. I'll try to post the available TL's here.. are you looking for a TL, TL-S, CL-S and what prefured colours... there were a few for me to choose from when I got mine.. by the way, I paid 17 for mine almost two years ago...
Old 01-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Comptech Freak

hey residual

my frd wants a black 2000 accord 4 door (4 cyl), prefer low mileage

can u look one for me? she has cash ready
Old 01-31-2005, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by samkws
hey residual

my frd wants a black 2000 accord 4 door (4 cyl), prefer low mileage

can u look one for me? she has cash ready
I will call them both tomorrow about both of these cars... obviously keep you eyes open and look around, but I will surely mention it to them and tell them to check the auctions.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
I will call them both tomorrow about both of these cars... obviously keep you eyes open and look around, but I will surely mention it to them and tell them to check the auctions.
coz the used price for accord is pretty high and out of her budget, even a high mileage are expensive as well

so the only way now is to find one at auction.

she just totalled her matrix last month and looking to buy an used accord since her insurance company refund her some money.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Drifting

Go to www.toyota.ca

pick a model and price it, click on "appraise your trade in"

this will give you the black book price of any car with particular mileage

This is the best you can expect to get wrt price. You'll probably have to spend a couple grand more.

P.lS. why not just get an 02 Type S??? You could get one for low 20's!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by samkws
Those used car dealers are at a crappy area near my school (York University), they are located at Downsville area. i doubt they are gd.

how much you are looking for?

a 2001 TL at the dealer is around 21k

Ok, I'll have to disagree with one dealership on that list. I bought my 99TL from Import motors with 91k. I haven't had any problems with it so far They were not pushy at all, I spent 3 hours evaluating this car and then only put a small deposit for conditional sale that when I go home (london) and do research (carfax, insurance, etc) on the car that there is nothing wrong with it. Sure I didnt have to put a deposit on it in the first place but since I live far away.....
The only issue(s) I had with Import motors is that they forgot to fill the car with gas but the guy who I took delivery from took the money out from his own pocket to compensate me. The second was the silly warranty they provide. Sure its free but you have to pay the provider a service fee (25 bucks) to activate it. That notice comes later in the mail.
I agree most dealerships are shady around there and I went to a few and walked right back out before I had a dealer talk to me. I travelled from London to do shopping for a car in Toronto and I ended up in this area. At least there are a few dealers to choose from, shady or not.
So you can get a decent car if you look hard and do your homework no matter where you look. There are rare gems out there. I would definately say that without doing research and examine a car with a fine tooth comb, you'll get ripped off whether you are at a shady dealer or a reputable dealer. They both are after one thing, and thats your money!!
The last thing I would recommend is if you do buy a used car from that area or any area for that matter, get the tranny flushed and oil changed as soon as possible. Those two things are the lifeline of the car and from my experience of buying used cars, they are rarely changed at a used dealership.

OntarioTL
Old 01-31-2005, 05:45 PM
7th Gear

Hey guys...

I really appreciate the help. I have done a lot of research on these cars, and I feel that I have a good grasp on what to look for. I have been on the trader website, and there seems to be a lot out there with a wide range of pricing. I am somewhat limited in fundage... but I also realize that you get what you pay for.

I work at a Honda dealership, but the salesmen are lazy, and don't seem to want to help me with picking something up at the auction. There are a couple of guys there that can run the VIN through the ministry, to check some of the history. So I will use that to my advantage! There are two TL's that I'm interested in that are "off-lease" from Acura.

So I'm gunna make the trip down to see what there is, and get a feel. Ontario TL... I have been talking to "Nicko" at import, and he seems alright. Hard to tell over the phone. I'm gunna check him out, see what he has to say. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyway, I appreciate all your help guys. I will let you know how I made out, as I look forward to becoming a TL owner, and a member of this community!

Take care

Mike
Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 PM
5th Gear

I've been to all those dealerships, one that I liked, and not listed on yours is Genniva Motors, they offered me the best deal, however, I found one through a private sale. Lavish auto is ok, the grey '00 there has a resprayed rear bumper. I've met Niko at Import Motors, he's ok too, but they charge $299 admin plus $550 PDE/Cert/Emm. but have a good selection. Ontario fine cars would not move on the price at all, so we walked, they too charge admin and PDE. Most of them charge between 300-800 for this crap, Ideal fine cars has good selection, but their admin/pde was high as well. The only one that I missed was AM Sales, they always closed too early. I picked up an '00 TL w/ 100K for $14K, seems ok, no ?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:04 PM

My buddy Lee at Leading edge Motor cars www.lemc.ca says give him a call with the specs and he'll "take care of ya"...
He's a good guy.. not pushy.. He's got a 2door v6 accord in right now for 13... Give him a call if ya want...
Old 02-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned

Talking

I would die for a CL-S. Auto of course.

my buddy just had a CL-S 6spd with 74,000km on it... he was looking for just over 20 for it.. honestly I was seriously considering swapping mine for it..

I've got a couple of firends running used car dealerships... I'll talk to them, If you want to call before you come down you can call Adam Broome at Kia Newmarket in the used cars department. Or Lee Ziraldo at Leading Edge Motor Cars, in woodbridge.. Mention Patrick O. or if you mention this TL fourm they'll know you're talking about me... they know I live here....lol.

I've known both of these guys for years, and they spend about a quarter million dollars on used cars at auctions every other week.... I can just give them the specs and they'll check the auction listings...Every car, every make
Old 02-01-2005, 08:57 PM
7th Gear

Wasabi...

Thanks for the input! I was looking at Genniva Motors, and he has one for $14,989... It looks ok. You said that he gave you the best deal... how much did he move from the original price??? Also, you said that the 00 @ Lavish has a resprayed rear cover... how can you tell??? Is it bad? I had no idea about this extra charge b.s for cert and etest... See what I can do about working that crap into the price! The price you paid for yours is exactly what I am looking for. That would be perfect!!! Where did you find it?

ResidualFreedom...

The Accord sounds like a good deal... but I'm pretty content on the TL. I have booked a flight to T.O. for the weekend... so I'm not sure if he would be able to have something for me by then... but I appreciate the help, and if I don't find something this weekend, then I will definetly get in touch with him!

Again guys... thanks for all the help... I will let you know what I come up with... If you hear of anything let me know... mgillen@rogers.com

Mike
Old 02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Comptech Freak

My buddy Lee at Leading edge Motor cars www.lemc.ca says give him a call with the specs and he'll "take care of ya"...
He's a good guy.. not pushy.. He's got a 2door v6 accord in right now for 13... Give him a call if ya want...
my frd might be interested in the accord, let me tell my frd
Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
5th Gear

Just thought I'd bump this back to visible.

I've been to Import, Ideal, and Ontario so far. From talking to them, Ontario seems the least likely to deal. My biggest issue is can these type of places be trusted. I notice all are UCDA members which I guess is a good thing. Don't be surprised if what you see in the Auto Trader, at least the online version, is not in their showroom or warehouse. Not too sure how often those get updated.

I am/was looking at a 3.2 but now considering a 3.5 Too bad the changer is in the trunk but I guess you put 6 cd's in and don't really need to swap out often.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Comptech Freak

a 3.5 sounds gd
Old 02-06-2005, 12:20 AM
7th Gear

Well I'm in T.O. looking for a TL...

Just wanted to let you know about the dealerships that I listed earlier...

Genniva has a 00 TL... He said it wasn't hit... It was soooo obvious that is was!

Lavish has a 00 TL... rough!

Ideal... what a joke. Says the car is a one owner, mint... never been hit. I called B.S. when I had the VIN run at the MTO. 3 hits, one major front, and one major rear. The other was the rear bumper. Over $9,000 in damage total.

Motorland... sold!

Import... hit in the rear pass door. Major stone chips on the front end... body rough.

Anyway, not too much luck today... gunna look more Sunday
Old 02-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by elementdriver
Well I'm in T.O. looking for a TL...

Just wanted to let you know about the dealerships that I listed earlier...

Genniva has a 00 TL... He said it wasn't hit... It was soooo obvious that is was!

Lavish has a 00 TL... rough!

Ideal... what a joke. Says the car is a one owner, mint... never been hit. I called B.S. when I had the VIN run at the MTO. 3 hits, one major front, and one major rear. The other was the rear bumper. Over $9,000 in damage total.

Motorland... sold!

Import... hit in the rear pass door. Major stone chips on the front end... body rough.

Anyway, not too much luck today... gunna look more Sunday
do they open on sunday?

gd luck

as i have said, those aren't gd since they are at that crappy area, i doubt they are honest as well
Old 02-06-2005, 09:13 AM

We have one of our members getting rid of his CL-S... Comptech Icebox, Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, Comptech Springs...

And literally in mint condition... I won't go as far as telling you his name, however I've spoken to him recently and I know he's looking to get out of his lease...

If th car was a six speed, I might be doing the swap myself..... PM me if you're interested, I'll connect the two of you and I cen get you a ton of pics of the CL-S

Note: I'm not a racist at all, so I don't want any comments about this quote I'm about to put. My friend ( used car dealer in the GTA for the patst 12 years his contact info is above in another post) told me " not to buy a car off the Russians at Keele and Finch area.. They close shop and open up a new one (two doors down) every two years, major scam artists... "
Old 02-07-2005, 04:25 PM
5th Gear

Well, I ended up getting an RL from an Acura Dealership. I got about 4K off the windshield price, after an intensive and tiring negotiation process. I felt I had a better chance for a quality car from the dealer rather than from one of those places listed and visited. I did see some sort of report claiming the car was accident free and the car does look clean. I also got a 3y4/60000km full bumper to bumper warranty. I got a few bucks off that as well, but guess they didn't really want to give me a better deal seeing how much I got off their listed price.

There are lots of TL's for sale so why not try going to the dealer and negotiate. Worst case you walk out.

Good Luck.