Attn NYer's Speed shop along the LIE West service road. What's it's name?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn NYer's Speed shop along the LIE West service road. What's it's name?

Hi all, Anyone from Queens know the name of the Speed Shop that's right after 164th street on the LIE service road West towards Manhattan? For some reason I am blanking right now. Has anyone been in there? How are there prices, etc.? Thanks.

Donny
Old 06-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Eastern. That place sucks in service, pricing, and parts! Try Ultima Motorsports in Lynbrook. Its well worth the drive.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Instructor

its strictly for super-ricers
Old 06-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by taestee
LOL!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by taestee
Old 06-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Re: Attn NYer's Speed shop along the LIE West service road. What's it's name?

Originally posted by hatzq68
Hi all, Anyone from Queens know the name of the Speed Shop that's right after 164th street on the LIE service road West towards Manhattan? For some reason I am blanking right now. Has anyone been in there? How are there prices, etc.? Thanks.

Donny
Hmm..there's only like a huge white sign with EASTERN written in 10 foor tall letters...anyway I know none of you know the story behind Eastern so if you don't like them stay away but please don't talk ****..it's childish...a business is profit-driven and should be run that way. I'm not condoning bad practices but I don't talk **** about it either. Eastern merely sells parts and the parts are mostly the simple crap that a lot pf people want for some reason. SO if they want it leave them alone it's not your f-ing money..One of the owners is a good friend and I don't tolerate ****-talking about my friends..

And Hyde, Mike Rivera kindly asks you to remember the actual name of the shop is Ultima Performance...
Old 06-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Instructor

whoa whoa whoa... hold on there... who's talking sh*t... chill homie :smokin:
Old 06-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Bada Bing

Yeah you defintiely need to chill. Nobody said anything about your friend...they commented on their experience with the shop. If their experience sucked then they have the right to state that their opinion of the shop is that it sucks. If someone had a great experience with them I'm sure they'd state that they were great. I've never dealt with them in the shop but I have talked to a couple of their sales reps at different shows and I can tell you that I will NEVER do business with them b/c I didn't like the way they treated me. They were concentrating more on selling merchandise than answering my questions about a product. Had they taken the time to answer my questions they'd have had a $5000 sale. Maybe someone should tell them that customer service goes hand in hand with profit.

But like I said, that's my opinion much like Hyde has his opinion and you have yours. If someone wants to do business with them they will and our opinions shouldn't have any bearing on that.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have dealt business with Easterns. I never really had a problem with them. Then again, I bought only polarg bulbs from them. There is another shop on the East side of LIE. It is called CLAWS. Don't go there, BAD BAD SERVICE and ripoffs.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Attn NYer's Speed shop along the LIE West service road. What's it's name?

Originally posted by TuRb0MiKeY

And Hyde, Mike Rivera kindly asks you to remember the actual name of the shop is Ultima Performance...
Woops. My bad, dont tell Mike I screwed that up.

Anywayz my comments were in regards to MY EXPERIENCES at Eastern. That is not talking &#@!

I'll also say that the service at Claws is the worst I have ever experienced, much worse than Eastern's. When the guys there finally got around to me after ignoring me forever, they concentrated more on trying to sell me whatever garbage they had in stock and on hand rather than what I wanted in the first place. Both shops tried inflating prices on me significantly when I walked in also. I know sometimes prices can be negotiated, but they were ridiculous.

I may not look like the die hard import enthusiast, but I do know alot more than those shops gave me credit for. You are right, business is business, and it's profit driven. What I always believed was that to run a successful business, you should treat the customer with respect, listen to what they have to say,offer them advice, recommendations, your time, and respect and you'll get a life long customer. Eastern and Claws did none of the above, and if thats how they want to run their businesses and get their profits, so be it, but none of those profits will come from me.

When I first walked into Ultima in its little tiny shop on Northern Blvd, Mike and his crew treated me with respect, gave me their time, and advice, and I appreciate and value service like that. In me they have a lifelong customer, and when they moved to Sunrise in Lynbrook in Axiz Tuning's old place; I followed them there. I also sent all my friends there. Not one of my friends ever complained like so many of them did when they went to Eastern or Tenzo/Claws.

P.S. I went to St. Johns University, and St. Anthony's School for Allied Health Professions on The corner of Horace Harding, and Utopia. You know where those two are in relation to those two shops; both are only a stones thow away, so I have been to them and more than just a few isolated times.

I wont tell them how to run their businesses, but when someone asks me what I think about their shops, why should I lie about it??? If they want great reviews maybe they should take better care of all of the people who walk through those doors. Instead they act like they are doing me a favor taking my money................ I dont think so.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by TypeSDragon
I have dealt business with Easterns. I never really had a problem with them. Then again, I bought only polarg bulbs from them. There is another shop on the East side of LIE. It is called CLAWS. Don't go there, BAD BAD SERVICE and ripoffs.
HEY! I used to work at CLAWS...haha, awhile...back..when I first got my legend and I was in HS...I dunno if Joey and Owen r still there...they were ok back then...I guess they've gotten greedyer lately