Attn: 2002acuraTL!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: 2002acuraTL!!

Hey,

I tried emailing Fred for the Compustar Alarm system, but I never received a reply. Also, there is no Compustar 3000 model. I called Compustar directly and they informed me that their latest model is the 2WSS-AS (Broad Spectrum) system. When I informed him of the 3000 model he informed me that the 3000 is only the BRAIN model number. Is this what you mean when you say Compustar 3000? I asked them if they have a Compustar 3000 model and he informed me no. Also, he informed me that the new 2WSS-AS Broad Spectrum model has a range of 1.25 miles in line sight. I heard that the Canadian model only has a 1 mile range. Please can you give me some insight in regards to this.

Thanks,
Old 04-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hrmmmmmmmmmm, well fred can be hard to get in touch with by email. Here is his tel. # (514) 920-0835, The switchboard may answer as Autoland, but just ask for Fred Gallo of Wiremagic. His company definitely distributes the Compustar alarms, and i would have to go up to my car to find the manual but i am pretty darn sure it said Compustar 3000 on it. It said it also on the box too, which i have long since tossed out. As for the 1.25mile range, i wouldnt get too stressed out about it, but you will probably never get that much distance out of it in the real world, since the topography will effect the end result. I know i have gotten as much as a half mile in some situations, but in others it will only work for a few blocks like for example when parked in NYC. since the tall buildings make it impossible for the signal to travel all that far. The amazing thing about the remote is that it uses only one AAA battery. My clifford used a small 12volt battery by comparison and the range was terrible. BTW, tip for all you Clifford owners out there: if you hold the remote under your chin and press the arm/disarm you will find you have better range. I learned that while i was a clifford installer. It has something to do with your head acting as an antenna. (no kidding here btw)
Old 04-16-2002, 11:42 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have a compustar on my old ride. It wasn't a 3000 model though...(if there is one ) I have honestly gotten a whole mile from my car and still seen it flash when I pressed the remote buttons. The two way didnt work that far away but the light flashed like it was arming/disarming. I also didn't have the extended antennae on mine though for $50 they guaranteed that it would work over a mile(i belive them too! )

The thing about putting the remote under your chin is absolutly true.(never had to do this with a compustar ) It works because your body creates small amounts of current inside your brain. You can notice this affect if you touch your TV antennae and watch the reception get better your body is acting as an electrical conductor and passing that extra signal to your antennae.
I sometimes put my factory acura remote under my chin and see how far I can make it arm/disarm
Old 04-17-2002, 01:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

i dont think the under chin technique works with the Compustar because of the particular frequency 433mhz that it works on but heck who knows, it works so far as it is! I will have to try out the range given that you said the remote is capable of reaching the reciever even outside of the limits of the two-way feedback. I have never been far enough from my car to press arm/disarm and look the see if the lights flashed even without the remote beeping to confirm, but now i am curious.

BTW, my Compustar came with the extended range antenna. I will have to check the model # printed on the manual because now I am intrigued that 3000 isnt supposed to be the model #. I am pretty sure that I remember seeing it printed on the box. Dunno
Old 04-17-2002, 01:07 AM
Retired MOD

Re: Attn: 2002acuraTL!!

Originally posted by Jiggaman
Hey,

I tried emailing Fred for the Compustar Alarm system, but I never received a reply. Also, there is no Compustar 3000 model.
Here is the website:

http://www.compustar.org/products/index.html

Very sweet looking alarm :wow: