Attention anyone want auto UP and Down feature on all 4 windows?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 01:59 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention anyone want auto UP and Down feature on all 4 windows?

Here is your chance i am working on a prototype power window auto roll up and down module that can interface to any car with factory power windows. the kit operates 2 windows and another kit can be purchased to operate an additional set of windows.
the feature will be turned on by using the factory switches and the window lockout switch that locks all windows out except the drivers side window is used to enable or disable the auto feature back to manuel operation.
when the ON switch it in the "ON" position all windows can be rolled down with 1 press of the window switch in either up or down direction. and at the same time
this can also be used on a sunroof to eliminate the need to hold the button to open or close it.

im starting orders at 175 for 2 windows. included will be the wireing diagram and instructions. im in the process of getting hold of a factory male and female plugs so that the system can just be plugged in for an easy installation. currently some rewireing of the factory connector will need to be made . you will not need to run any wires in or out of the doors as the factory wireing will be sufficient to make connections possible.

also this system will be fully compatable with a aftermarket alarm to roll all the windows up when arming the alarm. i am working on an enhancement to make the factory alarm do this as well.

if anyone is interested email me with your order and add 10.00 for shipping. it will take a few weeks for shipment because i have to make the harnesses by hand.
email me at: bassmechanic1@home.com
Old 08-20-2001, 03:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey that sounds like a really good idea. I would want it for all 4 windows but $350 is just too much to spend.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:16 PM
Racer

well since this is a prototype what do you think would be fair price should i offer a discount for purchases more than 1? the parts alone cost quite a bit and the time to make the harness has to be worth my time or it wouldent be worth doing. got any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:27 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

How much do just the switches cost? I had heard you could just purchase the driver side switch for the 3 other switches to have the auto roll down feature (no auto roll up though), but I had no idea what Honda charges for that part.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:37 PM
Racer

no that wont work because the switches in the door are 1 assembly and you cant just take out and replace the switch. the driver switch has a second circut that when you push all the way down activates a auto circut located in the switch itself. it actually realeases a locking mechanism to release the switch from the auto position. my kit uses a totally different unit that will interface to the factory switches using only the wires that go to the window motors. the device has to be installed in between the switches and motors as well as swap the polarity of the switches themselves.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Clifford and Viper sell window modules that will convert your windows into fully auto up/down operation using the factory window switches. They're pricey, but cheaper than $175. It might be best to check into that before you spend time engineering and building a window module of your own.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:13 PM
Racer

gee thanks!

let me know when you get ready to start a retail business on line and ill find a way to **** it up for you!

i was not aware of the units they sell or for how much but i guess ill look into buying direct from them now and maby come up with a cheaper solution.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey, the better for him to burst your bubble now then later when your neck deep in making those things and nobody buy's them. But anyway, yes D.E.I. (Viper) makes those unit's. They are model #529 (window rolls up when armed). 529T (does same as 529 but also rolls down with another channel). 530T(does the same as 529T AND vents(goes down in about 1" to 2" increments) all the windows with the use of another channel). I might have the model #'s mixed up, not sure. It also makes all my windows one touch up and down. I got the 530T's in my TL-S(one unit controls a pair) and I love it. As I walk back to my car on a hot sunny day, I could open all the windows to let the dam heat out. And if I have the windows down when I park, it all closes when I arm. And one last thing, it was a lot cheaper than $350. I think the "cost" for each unit was about $40 -$50. I'm not sure but definately cheaper. Sorry to burst your bubble but again better now then later.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Sorry guys but this post is closed. Remember a while back Tim said he didn't want to have any retailers or individuals marketing their products through the board.

If you are serious about developing this module, deal with it through your email address, not on this forum.

Just the messenger.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Or, if you are serious about mass-marketing this product, consult Tim and see what he says, perhaps you sell it thru him.
Ed