Arm rest & CD case problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 09:45 PM

Question Arm rest & CD case problems

I was wondering if anyone else had any problem with their armrest squeaking. It only squeaks if my arm is on it and usually it squeaks if rough terrain moves my arm. My CD case also pops out a couple minutes after I push it in. I just doesn't seem to wanna stick. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix these problems. Thanks.

------------------
"People don't stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing."
Old 06-18-2001, 10:27 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
time to visit your dealership, they should definitely be able to fix both problems under warranty.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>
Old 06-18-2001, 11:30 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
One of my friend's mom have the CD holder problem, and the dealer couldn't fix it.... So, good luck........

I am sure they can you just have to really bug them.....
Old 06-19-2001, 12:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

my armrest was replaced due to the same problem

the cd holder popping out has a tsb on it. there is a wire harness behind it, not allowing it to grab properly

------------------
Follow as i ride
99 Satin Silver
Bridgestone RE-730 225/55/16
oem kit
ctech exhaust
ctech sways
aem intake
system
Old 06-19-2001, 06:27 AM
CBS
Banned

Originally posted by Actiq:
I was wondering if anyone else had any problem with their armrest squeaking. It only squeaks if my arm is on it and usually it squeaks if rough terrain moves my arm. My CD case also pops out a couple minutes after I push it in. I just doesn't seem to wanna stick. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix these problems. Thanks.

I don't have the cd case problem but I do have the armrest problem. I noticed that when the lumbar latch is down, its squeaks because it is making contact w/the armrest, but when it is up, I don't hear it. When it is up, it does not make contact with the rest. Hopes this helps......

------------------
01' Acura Nighthawk Black Pearl Non-nav.

Mods on:
-Comptech springs
-WW flush mount spoiler
-35% Black tint by Modico!
-More to come....
Old 06-19-2001, 01:05 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by CBS:
I don't have the cd case problem but I do have the armrest problem. I noticed that when the lumbar latch is down, its squeaks because it is making contact w/the armrest, but when it is up, I don't hear it. When it is up, it does not make contact with the rest. Hopes this helps......

The dealer can realign the armrest from the hinges so that it is centered between the front seats. It should not rub against the lumbar support handle. Pretty simple to do actually, if you're so inclined. . .
Old 06-19-2001, 02:10 PM

Talking

I had both problems within 6 months of purchasing my '99 TL. They were both fixed easily by the dealer under warranty. The original CD holder tab gets bent out of shape and doesn't hold for long. They replaced it with a new CD holder and no more problem. Must be made out of stiffer plastic now. The armrest also squeaked with pressure on it. They claimed it was a design flaw in the hinge system. They replaced or insulated the hinges in the armrest and no more problem there either.

------------------