Apperance Mods (need a little help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apperance Mods (need a little help)

I want some pointers,
my car is green with tan leather Type-S 2002
i want to start doing some Apperance mods to my car but dont know where to start, i Have ALOT of dents and dings on my car from parking in certian spots, not too many people notice em but i do and they irritate the hell outta me, someone hit my car with something and i have a tear in the Front passenger side of my fender (i think you all know where that is, if not ill take pics)

i Dont make too much money but i'm ready for a new look can i get some pointers on what to do with my car, i was thinking crome wheels but i think not cause they'll be too heavy, i was thinkin a body kit but not too sure which one looks the best, i was also thinking about dropping it because other than a system my car is stock and i painted the valve cover but i need some pointers on where to get things for a good price and Good quality stuff, hope this thread is enough info for the ones that chime in to help me out and THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

edit was for the picture i posted a thumbnail i made it larger so u can SEE!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
lower it, get a lip kit (i prefer the wings west), and get some decent wheels, anything but chrome though
Old 07-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
platinum tints all around, make the TL look pimp!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Instructor

Cant see the pic, gotta love the little red x's. but if you are wanting to fix the look, first off would be to get that tear you talked about fixed and get the dents and dings fixed, and a good over all detail, even if you do it yourself, that I am sure will make you feel better about the car. From there I would say tints first, then look at body kits or lowering. I personally think that the Type S wheels look good with the car, but that is just my opinion.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Racer

TEIN Coilovers-------EBAY
WW Kit (Discontinued, but can still find it)------Andysautosport.com
Wheels: Your choice, but like someone mentioned (anything but chrome) On a car that's green, I would say go for silver and get the right offset and right tires.
Clear the headlights
Debadge it

DONE
Old 07-20-2005, 10:44 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
everyone here is gunna have a different opinions.....cause i like chrome!
the car has chrome trim all over it! but u do have a type-s so u already have nice rims
i'd go with--
-tints(%20)
-debadge
-mesh grille (theres a diy on here somewhere)
-drop
-clear n black-out headlights
Old 07-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
clear the headlights.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Ganji, Want some?

picture

sorry guys if you cannot see my pic then click HERE!

and how low should i drop it, i am not a slow driver i do drive like i stole my car, bt i love the way a low car looks,,,, sexy! but how low and whats REALLY BETTER coilovers, springs i was lookin at the TEIN springs 2.1 in the front 1.8 in the back i belive and when i lower the car what do i do to make sure the alignment always stays good? should i buy a strut bar

thanks for the ideas guys im gonna start looking for some tint, i kind of like BLACK tint, but i dunno how platinum would look anyone got any pics? on a GREEN TL? i dont want crome anymore cause they are too expensive, and they are easy to mess up (dont want no problems) cause i drive fast my car is already noticably slower after installing my system (and after those two tranny swaps) and i dont want it to be any slower than it is i wana make it faster. but ill stick to the apperance first!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:18 PM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

^that pic doesn't work either vitek.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Ganji, Want some?

CAN SOMEONE MAKE MY PIC'S WORK I SUCK AT INTERNET

http://image46.webshots.com/47/9/52/...4MBKUOG_ph.jpg THATS THE FILE NAME ITS IN MY WEBSHOT ACCOUNT
Old 07-22-2005, 12:54 AM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still not working
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Racer

First things first, I say get the dents and tear repaired. Body kits, rims, or dirt does not matter, your car will look shitty with dents and dings everywhere, believe me, I know.

After that, I say get lowered or the kit. It really changes the look of the car and the WW or the OEM kits make the car look really agressive. And I've seen you drive before so invest in some suspension mods like sways. You'll really appreciate the decrease in body roll, not a huge investment but well worth it in my opinion.

As far as rims go, if you like chrome, get it. Just don't get anything that does not fit the car. There is a blue TL-S in south philly that has some ridiculous 20's that look hideous on it.

Oh and clear the headlights. Do them in any order you please or in my case, allowed by budget. Lack-a-fund-a-mosis...its a contagious disease I tell ya. But def get the dents and tear fixed first.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by VITEK
CAN SOMEONE MAKE MY PIC'S WORK I SUCK AT INTERNET

http://image46.webshots.com/47/9/52/...4MBKUOG_ph.jpg THATS THE FILE NAME ITS IN MY WEBSHOT ACCOUNT
I get a "FORBIDDEN" error...
Old 07-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Ganji, Want some?

ok , and about my TEAR, i dont know if its something i can just GET FIXED. i may have to replace my whole front bumper.i would get a pic of it but everytime i post pictures in here you all cant see them, it's a nice size tear, i moved the in between each other and it does not flap in the wing or anything, its just i know its there and that annoys me, where can i get it fixed? hwo much you all think ill put out>?