Apexi Has Gone Bankrupt

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:07 PM
고고씽

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apexi Has Gone Bankrupt

i got this from other website..
------------------------------------------------------
Just an FYI, on Feb. 6 Apexi Japan filed for bankruptcy. I'm not sure what will happen with the company now, if the American division will follow, or if they are strong enough to stand on their own. It;s not entirely clear what happened, however Apexi will be going to court.

If anyone has been thinking about buying a Power FC, I would do it NOW. This may be your last chance to get these parts and they will go fast. My suppliers have already stopped selling Apexi parts, but I can still get the Power FC + Commander set if anyone wants.

Here is the official notice from Apexi (if you can read Japanese):

http://www.apexera.co.jp/pdf/message070209.pdf

Jan 2005: Huge display at TAS, lots of new products stunning show car...everything looks A-OK.

Sept 2005: Director of A'PEXi USA Toshi resigns and starts his own company.

Nov 2005: A'PEXi USA staff wondering around SEMA in staff shirt but there is no booth display.

Dec 2005: People having difficulty locating Hasegawa-san owner of A'PEXi who happens to be HKS owners brother.

Jan 2006: No A'PEXi display at the TAS. New products displayed at a single stand in the Phoneix's Power booth.

Fall 2006: A'PEXi Power FC discontinued. Parts difficult to source.

Feb 2007: A'PEXi files for bankruptcy under control of new consortium

The rumor I heard was that A'PEXi took the company public in fall 2005 in a bid to expand their Imobisses security and electronics divisions. A consortium bought up all the available shares through different brokerages gaining a controlling stake in the company. That consortium was run by Yakusa and the owner wasn't happy about not controlling his company anymore and now being in the mob's pocket. So he disappeared with his dignity and all the A'PEXi money he could smuggle out of Japan.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 PM
B A N N E D

does this mean their products will increase in price or decrease in price through their distributers? or will it stay same?
Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 AM
고고씽

exhaust , suspension ↑
electronis ↓
just my opinion..
Old 02-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Belongs in Car Talk