Anyone's new springs settle too much?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 12:16 AM
...and then there was One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Anyone's new springs settle too much?

Anyone with Comptech, H&R, or Eibachs experience the backend dropping down too much? Settling? I had a '92 Accord with Eibachs, and loved the ride. But, the back springs settled too much, and it made the difference in the wheel gaps look funny. I plan to get spring, Koni Yellow shocks, and sways (Eibachs?). Any input is appreciated.
Old 07-13-2001, 03:36 AM
Intermediate

Hey Sim,

This happened with my 98 Accord with Eibachs. Took awhile for it to settle. Put a camber kit on and it aligned perfect. I know the TL's suspension is different than an Accord so you should not need the camber kit but another alignment would fix it. Since I do not own a TL yet has anyone had there springs on long enough to see if they have settled? I will have mine lowered too and this is good to know. Another question, Do all springs settle or just some?

VG
Old 07-13-2001, 03:59 AM
...and then there was One

Smile

Victor!
About time you came out and joined us. Did you see there's a meet in Seattle on the 22nd? A Sunday, so we are working. I guess you will have to get one, then we will have a meet at work.
That guy never emailed me back, so I wasn't able to see and feel the Comptechs. I've heard a couple bad things about the H&R, so I may just go with Eibach. Even though people say they are too stiff, I liked my ProKits on my Accord, so they should be fine. Easy to install, too.
If anyone has any input, please help a white-boy out.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:14 AM
Intermediate

Sim,

Why don't we just take the day off and ride up together. I don't care who drives as long as its your car J/K. We can split the gas or even take my car I don't mind. I'm working for someone the two nights prior so I may not be able to get any sleep on that Sunday but if your driving I could sleep on the way up. I've never been to a car meet before.

Sorry to all about changing the subject. So all those with spring and shock experience please help us choose.

VG