anyone /w ABP got swirl marks???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone /w ABP got swirl marks???

i jus got ma car yesterday and u can see fine swirl marks when direct sunlight hits it. now i jus got the car yesterday, its not that big a deal whered id want to return the car but is this normal and have other ppl noticed this when they first got their cars. i kno eventually its inevitable on dark colored cars.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:41 PM
PAW
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abnormal

Swirl marks are not a "factory option". The dealer did it when they wash, wax or whatever. They may have used rough towels or dirty water. You can either complain and have them send it to a real detail shop, hopefully of your choosing, to be corrected or learn to correct it yourself. There tons of info on this site and a gagzion tons of info on

http://autopia.ws/index.php

and an ebook here

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

You can down load the first 8 chapters free.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:15 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, but they were very fine and easily filled in with two coats of Zaino Z5. Blackfire also fills the swirls (and may look better for a short time) but does not hold up as well for me.

By the way, the swirls make the color appear brighter - the light reflecting at odd angles. If you eliminate the swirls expect a slightly deeper blue.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
swirl marks are common and unavoidable. what color cars have you owned? if there were light in color, then you just never noticed them. if you wanna complain, go ahead but they'll be back...it's not like a scratch or dent. there is no way you can get rid of scratch causing dirt before you wash a car or make sure your washing mitt or towel is dirt free. and if you didn't know it, you asked for it when you picked out the color.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:18 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by StanMan
swirl marks are common and unavoidable. what color cars have you owned? if there were light in color, then you just never noticed them. if you wanna complain, go ahead but they'll be back...it's not like a scratch or dent. there is no way you can get rid of scratch causing dirt before you wash a car or make sure your washing mitt or towel is dirt free. and if you didn't know it, you asked for it when you picked out the color.
Harsh. I agree though, Dark colors will always have swirls! Zaino it and you'll reduce them. Oh and when you take the car in for service, ask that they not wash it but only vaccuum. They don't mean to disrespect your car its just that they won't baby it like it should be so they'll use and reuse rags, towels, etc.