Anyone Know A Good Alarm to Get???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 10:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Know A Good Alarm to Get???

Just wondering, thinking about getting one to maybe help, I had one on my other car from prestige Audiovox, it's a great Alarm but i don't know if they still make those and they probably have better ones out know if anyone knows a good one give me a suggedstion

thanks
Old 01-25-2002, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Well if you live REMOTELY close to NYC, I strongly suggest you get either a VIPER, Compstar or Clarion.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

I didn't know Clarion made Alarms are they any good? I kinda like that autopage one so if your alarm goes off you can run out to it and lay down some fire on whoever is ****in with it!
Old 01-25-2002, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Compstar is the PAGER alarm to get. It has a display that shows you which AREA (Zone) of the car is being tampered with.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm probably gonna get flamed from some but I would stay with DEI products. i.e. Viper, Avital, Clifford, Python etc. Dead reliable and well made. IMO, with experiences with installing and owning alarms of various makers, DEI products were the most reliable and well designed. Not just in normal function but in falsing, range, etc. The other Japanese alarms are good but what do the Japanese know about car alarms, car theft is minimal over there

More important then the alarm itself (especially if done incorrectly) is the installation.

If you need a recomendation of where to get one installed, let me know...PM me. My boy has been in the business for.....damn over ten years now. (He works at a reputable shop out in the island, you probably heard of them) I had him put my alarm system in my car. I trust his work completely....I know cause I used to work with him
Old 01-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Instructor

stock alarm

so its not a recommendation to just keep the stock alarm....? if not, what are drawbacks of having the stock alarm, i know stock alarm sucks to aftermarket alarms but i just want to be informed as to drawbacks and benefits (if any) to stock alarm.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Bada Bing

The stock alarm isn't really an alarm, it's a keyless entry unit unless you add a shock sensor to it. Some people on this board have opted for that, it's cheaper than buying an aftermarket alarm. I believe Juniorbean went that route, you can PM him to find out how reliable it is if that's the route you want to go.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:36 AM
Advanced

Go with CLIFFORD....That's the best way to go!!!

Old 01-28-2002, 12:30 PM
Advanced

I have the shock sensors in my car and it is reliable. 3 sensors
1 on each light and one under the dash. Doesn't matter what kind of alarm you have if they want it and know what their doing
their gonna get it.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:43 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by TUFF GONG
I'm probably gonna get flamed from some but I would stay with DEI products. i.e. Viper, Avital, Clifford, Python etc. Dead reliable and well made. IMO, with experiences with installing and owning alarms of various makers, DEI products were the most reliable and well designed. Not just in normal function but in falsing, range, etc. The other Japanese alarms are good but what do the Japanese know about car alarms, car theft is minimal over there

More important then the alarm itself (especially if done incorrectly) is the installation.

If you need a recomendation of where to get one installed, let me know...PM me. My boy has been in the business for.....damn over ten years now. (He works at a reputable shop out in the island, you probably heard of them) I had him put my alarm system in my car. I trust his work completely....I know cause I used to work with him

how much is it for a viper alarm with intallation, does it protect the rims too?