Anybody's wife not understand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody's wife not understand?

How many of you have wives that drive your car? Do they understand why you dump money, time, and interest in the performance of the car? Do they understand the need to demonstrate taking a corner on a hiway exit at 115mph? Do they understand the need to pull away from a 350Z? More importantly, do they understand you can no longer use the curb to park against when the car is lowered?? I'm having trouble with mine (the wife that is). Any help short of killing her would be appreciated.

Chris
Old 01-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
sorry for u ... i would quickly dump my car for my wife
Old 01-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Wink

I'm not married, but I am engaged and sorry, but I would give ANYTHING for her. Even if it ment my car or even my own life. She is the love of my life. Hope everybody can have or already has a marriage as good as the one I will have. Cheers All and Good Luck!

Jatses
jatses@email.com
Old 01-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Intermediate

LMAO at the post and replies. I'm a woman, NOT married but I feel your pain. LOL. This is why NOBODY drives my car, not even my father. LOL.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jatses
I'm not married, but I am engaged and sorry, but I would give ANYTHING for her. Even if it ment my car or even my own life. She is the love of my life. Hope everybody can have or already has a marriage as good as the one I will have. Cheers All and Good Luck!

Jatses
jatses@email.com
sounds like you found your true soul mate in life. To be honest guys, when push comes to shove, I would dump my car for my girl any day. The truth is, I would rather see harm come towards me then my girl. I'm not even thinking about marriage with her yet, but I love her a lot. I wouldn't even think twice about peacing it to the car over my girl. If danger were to come between us, the first thing I would give up is my car, and be with her for a long time.

take care guys, and be safe.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Advanced

To all:
The intention of this thread was to shed light on why the significant other does not always agree with the spending of money, interest, and time away for a car. After all, it is just transportation to the job that pay's for it. I was merely taking a stab at the humor and frustration that (I thought many of us TL fans) normally occurs between man an woman. I would never place my wife and two kids before my car. I would just like the treasurer to release more funds to my endeavor. I tried to convince her a demonstration ride was in order. She declined and still wants to up my life insurance. Again, humor but from her side. I love my family and enjoy my car. Please don't get me wrong. I just want a little fun!

Chris
Old 01-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by sc354
sounds like you found your true soul mate in life. To be honest guys, when push comes to shove, I would dump my car for my girl any day. The truth is, I would rather see harm come towards me then my girl. I'm not even thinking about marriage with her yet, but I love her a lot. I wouldn't even think twice about peacing it to the car over my girl. If danger were to come between us, the first thing I would give up is my car, and be with her for a long time.

take care guys, and be safe.
Yeah I got rid of my Z06 because of reasons including complaints by my gf b/c I would be anal about where I drove it and parked it. I'm much happier now b/c the TL-S is a wonderful car that is sporty yet has a nice ride and looks great for a hell of a lot better price
Old 01-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by tjohns
LMAO at the post and replies. I'm a woman, NOT married but I feel your pain. LOL. This is why NOBODY drives my car, not even my father. LOL.
Nice, one more female on the board. Welcome
Old 01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by JPTLS03
Nice, one more female on the board. Welcome
Welcome tjohns
Old 01-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by fun03TLS
How many of you have wives that drive your car? Do they understand why you dump money, time, and interest in the performance of the car? Do they understand the need to demonstrate taking a corner on a hiway exit at 115mph? Do they understand the need to pull away from a 350Z? More importantly, do they understand you can no longer use the curb to park against when the car is lowered?? I'm having trouble with mine (the wife that is). Any help short of killing her would be appreciated.

Chris
I understand your feelings completely, except I take it out on a race track with a roll cage, helmet, and a 6 point harness so that when I hit an oil slick at 115 mph I still wake up in the morning. Sure, I hit other cars, but they have the same protection I do.

Mello Dude!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Do they understand the need to demonstrate taking a corner on a hiway exit at 115mph?
I can see why she doesn't understand. She probably doesn't want to die. Take it to the track, foo!

I have an old Z28 that I've had for 13 years now. I'll have it forever. My wife doesn't share my love of the hobby, but she doesn't have to. I stopped seeking other's approval a long time ago. I enjoy turning wrenches and torquey engines, and that's enough.

Todd
Old 01-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
That'll all change when you have your first child strapped in a carseat in the rear.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:05 AM

My girlfriend actually loves that my car is my hobby. She helps me out. She is not big into car customizing but as long as it makes me happy she is happy. She bought me a body kit, XM and a bunch of smaller things and she gives me space to play with my car...
Old 01-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Mr
My girlfriend actually loves that my car is my hobby. She helps me out. She is not big into car customizing but as long as it makes me happy she is happy. She bought me a body kit, XM and a bunch of smaller things and she gives me space to play with my car...
Damn you got it made
Old 01-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Pusha Z

Re: Anybody's wife not understand?

Originally posted by fun03TLS
Do they understand the need to pull away from a 350Z?
hahahahahaahahahha suuurrreeeee
Old 01-08-2004, 03:07 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are all such pu$$ies....."I'd give up my car for my wife...blah, blah, blah...!" I'm half kidding because I love my wife also but that wasn't the point.

Anyway, my wife knows I love cars and herself enjoys fine automobiles as well. What she doesn't understand is modding so much and she doesn't like me spending too much money on the car, which is fine. She has other priorities and I respect that. She gives me some room to spend but not much.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Intermediate

Thx for the welcome JP and Scottie !

I just think it's hilarious that u guys have to answer to your wives when it comes to things you have a passion for. LOL. Note to singles, enjoy it while you can!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:44 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I just think it's hilarious that u guys have to answer to your wives when it comes to things you have a passion for.
I answered my wife (ex) with divroce papers, does that count?
Seriously, my ex was the most high-maintenance chik in the world and though I loved her at one point, she cared not for the car modding/driving but cared for herself...

My new girl isn't thrilled when I get all on it unexpectedly because she gets car/motion sick, but she knows never to throw up in my ride or touch the glass with her fingers...

: You need to amend your sig to say "modified by suagarmomma!"
Old 01-08-2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by r10apple

My new girl isn't thrilled when I get all on it unexpectedly because she gets car/motion sick, but she knows never to throw up in my ride or touch the glass with her fingers...

: You need to amend your sig to say "modified by suagarmomma!"

HAHA... I should she would love that....
Old 01-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Watch a few rented Clint Eastwood movies, then be yourself. When she drives with you though drive normally, don't want to scare her. Cars are your hobby, so stick with it. If you let her change that, she may find another, then another....IMO. I have been married for 27 years to the same woman! Good Luck!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

I just think it's hilarious that u guys have to answer to your wives when it comes to things you have a passion for. LOL.
There are NO lasting relationships without compromise- from both sides. You can quote me on that.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

well you just need her to be as into cars as you are.

my wife is totally supportive on me and i have two modded cars. she's just as into cars as i am and we talk about cars a lot. and of course she understands me putting money on the car as long as it's not ridiculous and i pay the bills

oh and if she doesn't like cars, i am sure she has something else that she likes putting money in. use that back on her
Old 01-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

For some people the two happiest days in there lives are the day they get married and the day they seperate.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by r10apple
I answered my wife (ex) with divroce papers, does that count?
Seriously, my ex was the most high-maintenance chik in the world and though I loved her at one point, she cared not for the car modding/driving but cared for herself...

CTFU!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro

Nobody drives my car, except Me!
Nobody touches my car, except the Dealership!
Call it a Midlife crissis!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Instructor

I love my wife to death and am not as fanatical about my car as some of you. Having said that bad things do happen however each time I allow her to drive my car. She wrecked my RL twice and I allowed her to drive my TL but once - I swear, for one hour, and in needs a wheel alignment. My wife doesn't think about a car while she drives it (or opens the door into a lampost) she simple drives. So slowing down for a NYC crater never enters her mind. This is why she may never ever use my car. Ever.

I do love her however so I buy her a nice and sturdy Sienna XLE with all the works and she can scrape its rims, dent its doors, eat potato chips all over its interior and drag-race over potholes to her hearts desire cause it's all hers.

See everything works out in the end.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:39 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
CTFU!
Absolutely impossible..
Old 01-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Advanced

I've got to get back into this. My wife does understands my passion for speed. She told me that she went 90 on some back road. I thought she could relate to me then. I believe she understands the thrill of the acceleration and the subtle need for speed. After all, she did get a warning for speeding in my car yesterday! Dare I say my car? She does have a 240hp Honda Odessey. She still thinks it's just a van. I told her I could put some sway's on it and trick it out! She objected and said I'm crazy. I asked her if she thinks I drive like the people in movies. She said she didn't think so. Soo, I asked what's the problem? No reply! Most of this is just her accepting the fact that she drives like me. When she does, I'll have the supercharger and a few other things. Power is a bug, and everybody gets bitten.

Chris
Old 01-11-2004, 12:12 PM
10th Gear

I can understand you, guys.
I am a woman and I do care about my TL.