Any Scottsdale TLer's been to the new dealership up north...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 04:05 PM
JD7
Rizzie's the color!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Scottsdale TLer's been to the new dealership up north...

I had to get my 03 TL-S serviced yesterday and i decided to go to the new dealership up north(the one that used to be on Mcdowell Rd.) THis is a brand new complex that has, acura, bmw, jaguar, aston martin etc... and a automobile museum. This place is reallly nice and the service is very good too, if you live in the area you should check it out, i also think this is one of the acura dealerships that sells comptech parts cuz in the parts departmen they had exhaustes, headers etc in glass cases, pretty cool.

P.s. They had a new yellow nsx there with yellow leather there too...
Old 02-15-2003, 05:22 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

wassup JD7!
Yeah i took my 99 TL there and got them to work on fixing my engine/belts/plugs. My car had a bad misfire and I talked to Doug in the service department and he took care of me and got the problem fixed. Yeah they have a lot of nice stuff there and the Formula One museum is totally kickass!!!
I was drooling standing in front of a half-dozen F1 cars and every one of them has one a race at some time or another. I poked the tire on one of them with my finger and the receptionist got pretty pissed. I told her I couldn't help it though.
When I checked on my car it was in the garage and everything was brand new!!! not a single black tire mark on the shop floor. Everywhere I went at that place I could look at the floor and think to myself, "hmmm I could eat off that it's sooo clean"

Pretty nice complex!

PS: What do you think of a phoenix/tempe/scottsdale meet near the end of the month or early march? We could see if some of the CL guys want to come also.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:01 PM
mushroom mushroom

whats up guys,

Yeah that new complex is really nice, but I have only driven by. I normally take my baby into Bell Acura because my fathers friend owns the joint.

When Scottsdale Acura was still on McDowell, I asked them how much it would be for them to install some springs and they said it was going to be $600 just for labor!! So I laughed, walked out of there and have never been back since.

If you all need to have aftermarket parts installed take it down to SRD aka Superior Racing Development. They installed my springs for $130 and my V-AFC for $130 can't beat that. Super nice guys and they really take care of you. BTW: they are based out of TEMPE.

Have a good one guys,

PS - I'm down for a meet.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:42 AM
JD7
Rizzie's the color!

Ya i think a meet would be alot of fun, cuz the only thing ive done to my car is 6000K, so id like to see what some of this stuff looks like...
Old 02-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Instructor

What's up guys! Nice to hear from some Phoenix area folk. I live up this way and figured I'd hit up the new dealership as it pretty close by and get an oil change. Extremely friendly place and obviously the entire complex is filled with nice cars. I was pleased with their service....and $27.95 for an oil change was a great deal!

Incidentally, I called them to ask about springs and they quoted me a $500 install for H&Rs....so I went to Midas and got it done for $202....SRD though sounds like the place to be! I'll keep that in mind for further mods.

I'm interested in a meet, would be a lot of fun. We could get some CL'ers too.

02 Clear Tails
H&R OE Springs
17x7 Konig Glides (solid black)
215/45 P7000 Supersport's
8-way indiglo gauges
de-badged
Old 02-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been up to the new Scottsdale Acura twice looking at new ones, and have found the sale staff to be very arrogant and not helpful. A friend also was up and drove his IS300 and was inquiring about trading for a TSX and the guy wouldn't even give him the time of day. Based on this, neither of us were impressed with the sales side and won't be back, but I imagine service would be better though. The new building is beautiful though and more fitting for Acura than the McDowell site, but I miss them being in south Scottsdale and found the staff there is be quite friendly. Maybe new location brings a new attitude.

I also heard Chandler is getting an Acura dealer somewhere near Tempe Honda. I'm not sure the timetable thought. Anyone else hear this? This would be closer for me.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:33 PM
mushroom mushroom

Yeah I found that their sales staff sucks ass. I'll tell you what though Bell Acura has the best staff arround. If you have to time to make to the trip, have your friend talk to Rob Isbell (sales) he is a great guy and will take good care of you.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bug230
Yeah I found that their sales staff sucks ass. I'll tell you what though Bell Acura has the best staff arround. If you have to time to make to the trip, have your friend talk to Rob Isbell (sales) he is a great guy and will take good care of you.
I would have to agree. I spoke with him a few weeks ago in regard to the TSX and he was really nice and seem to know his stuff. This is not always the case with the sales staff, but then I know to much for my own good anyways.

Are Bell Acura and Bell Honda related? I have taken my Accord to Bell Honda for service and I am very impressed with them, so much better than Right/Scottsdale Honda. For sales at Bell Honda see Judy Benson, she is a riot to deal with.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Intermediate

Hell yes, finally some people in arizona, we should defenitaly have a meet, and im down for it. End of March sounds good to me, as long as its not on a saturday or sunday.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:53 AM
mushroom mushroom

Originally posted by JeffS
Are Bell Acura and Bell Honda related?
No they are not affiliated with eachother. There actually is a guy on the board that works for Bell Acura or at least used to. I havn't seen him post for a long time though. I think his name is Billy_Vader or somthing like that.