Annoying things people do to you ride.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjashaa
people leaving the grab rails down after they grab it and not folding it back up... very annoying...

People kill me with this..
Old 08-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Always go big

I hate people putting their shoes up on the leather...It's not a foot rest!!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Intermediate

haha. i agree with about 80% of everything listed. oh sh*t handle bars annoys the hell outta me when down. same with the visors, and when the seatbelt is not coiled all the way back. might seem small to "other" people, but its a big deal to me (us TL'ers)

but eating and all that i dont mind so much because i do that myself and everything is always cleanable. BUT if i know that, that person is messy then they don't eat in my car.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:09 AM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was this one time we were in Vegas and it was 100 something degrees. We get in the car, and my buddy starts frantically messing with the climate control, hammering the temp button down to 60 something degrees. Pissed me off. >(
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
6th Gear

Oh yeah..When a female friend and I get in the car and I open it up entirely (All windows down and roof open) just to have her roll her window back up.. Gaah
Old 08-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

i think i agree with 99% of everything mentioned in this thread... I wish people could just get in my car and sit there, and not touch ANYTHING, and i mean nothing at all.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
i like having my windows up most of the times..

i hate when...
right when i start the car..

they roll my windows down..

like shit.. i kno its hot but rolling the windows down right when i start won't help THAT much..
Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
love this thread..

I got lots of things.. but i'll talk about this one because.. i was in socal.

So I went to socal, met up with some of you guys for the BBQ... I went there hella later.. But anyways, later on that night, i went to a party.. I picked up some friends, drove to a party.. TOwards the end of the night, my friends got in a fight with the WOMAN of the house party. People broke them up, so one of my friends goes towards my car while talking shit to the girl. Apparantly, my friend got some hits on her, so she wanted to kill my friend.. ANYWAYS, she slammed open my car door and hits my door on some other dudes car.. i was PISSED.. Yelled at her, cuz at this point i was pissed..

MORAL to the story is.. I hate peopel disrespecting my car.. I mean, real talk, i drove from UCI to UCLA to pick their asses up and then head to diamond bar, where the party was.. Total trip was 2 horus or ish and she just slams my car door like that.. Shit got me HEATED... I almsot made her walk home.

ok ok /rant.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:51 AM
:( Harminder Is Lost In

Leaving rails down
Slamming the doors
Fingerprints on window
Fingerprints on navi
Put food on my car

Im VERY anal about my car. I actually made a 30 minute trip back home jsut to change from my bmw to my acura because they thought it was funny to slam the doors on it since it had soft close and piss me off. I bet it wasnt that funny when they missed half their movie making that trip back with me lol.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:28 AM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
Gotta add messing with the climate control. ESPECIALLY turning the temp knob ALL the way to either side. I mean, it doesn't make THAT much of a difference.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Having dirty shoes that leave shit all over my floor mats, Slam my the door closed. Ppl just need to seat in my car and DON'T touch anything.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:58 AM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by 00J32
Having dirty shoes that leave shit all over my floor mats, Slam my the door closed. Ppl just need to seat in my car and DON'T touch anything.
thats what the all season mats are for... i never worry one minute about dirty shoes.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Advanced

^ Dirty shoe is dirty shoe even on all season mats and i don't like they way all season mats looks in my car. all i want is for ppl not to bring there dirty shoes in my car
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Advanced

If your shoes is dirty.. you not coming in
Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by Cochese
I hate it when people tangle up the passenger's front seatbelt after getting out so it doesn't coil up all the way. Always have to fix that before driving on, drives me nuts.
Gah..moms does that all the time. Then complains that the car is too low when she's trying to get out by grabbing the pillars and pullin then leave fingerprints all over em.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
oh yea..one more..when the windshield is dirty the gf always tries to reach over and use the windshield washers
Old 08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Traded in my

My fiance now just does all the above mentioned things just to annoy me. Last night, she took off her shoes, put her feet up on the dash and very very slowly, so I could watch it happen, put her toes on my windshield just to leave prints. needless to say she gotta
Old 08-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

excessive playing with vents
failure to buckle up -> will lead to warning, then surprise panic stop if warning is ignored (i've done this from 70)
no food in car
slamming of doors (i hear the hardware shaking in there and it makes me die a little inside)
Old 08-09-2009, 11:26 PM
is out, so the

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My number one probably has to be slamming the door. The doors on the TL aren't that heavy, they don't require 30lbs. of thrust to shut them.

My second, and possibly a tie with the first, is people getting into my car. They feel the need to slide down the side of the seat when getting in. Over time, it destroys the side bolster, and creates wrinkles in the leather. I CAN'T STAND THAT, and I wouild like my TL seats to stay mint, just like they are now.

Playing with the touchscreen, especially when I am using it.
Putting their feet on the dash.
Slamming the trunk, and shutting it by pushing on the spoiler.
Opening the doors too much and causing them to rebound back.
Hitting, touching, or rubbing my cars paint.
People that complain because I park 20 miles from the entrance of a store.
Putting more than necessary weight on the center console.
Banging their feet on the door sill protector and my sideskirt when getting in.
Leaning against my car.
Setting things on the sunroof, hood, roof, or trunk.

I think that sums it up. Basically, just don't touch my car with any part of your body.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd
Since this thread has brought out the inner OCD in all of us, can a mod correct the thread title?

Annoying things people do to youR ride

LOL yea i didnt look it over...i got grammer mistakes all over the place
Old 08-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
same with everyone else...leaving the "oh shit" bar down...

Also i have a very small crack on my windshield and everyone touch it from the inside and leaves their finger marks on it....arg..
Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Hello Officer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jjashaa
people leaving the grab rails down after they grab it and not folding it back up... very annoying...
Same here, also hate it when people leave trash in the car.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Hello Officer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
MY COMPLETE LIST

Things that annoy me:
-Leaving those door handles down, Visors down, food/trash in the car
-Slamming door/trunk
-Rolling the window down after a wash
-People leaning on the car
-People telling me to go thru a machine wash
-PETS!
-Bird crap on the car!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
My "oh shit" bar springs up, so I don't have that problem (03 Accord)

Slamming the door really gets me off. I mean, the door will close, relax, it's not some 20-year-old taxi.

People messing around with the passenger seat and vents. You're getting a ride, please BE RESPECTFUL GODDAMMIT.

People that toy around with my radio. My best friend rides around a lot, and respects my car in general, so he's fine, but other people think "oh my god, this is my SONG" and crank the radio up and start swaying in the passenger seat. I mean really? It's always a chick song too, so it's just more embarassing for me.

people who smack the seatbelt against the b-pillar. Would it kill you to not toss it around? again, the respectful thing comes into play.

I don't mind people leaning on my car if I'm leaning on it as well, except for the hood. No touchy touchy.

People who toss their arm onto the armrest. This ticks me off so much. admittedly, it's not the biggest armrest in the world. But fuck, its my car, get your goddamn elbow off.

People who open their windows with A/C on, or vice versa. Just irking and a waste.

Backseat drivers who point out all the ridiculously obvious things. I signal, and they'll check back to see if there's a car and they'll say "ok go ahead, stop, let him pass." Hey, if the government of Ontario says I can drive, I don't need you to do it for me. There was one instance when I was trying to make a lane change, but I had a car in my blind spot. My passenger told me to slow down and let him pass. I floored it and passed him. There's a reason I'm the driver and you're the passenger.

Most people know how anal I am about my car before they get in however, and thankfully they respect it. they get all the rides they want. Then you have the occasional ass thats getting a ride home and doesn't respect my car at all. Mess up your own car.

There was this one idiot I was driving with in my old Cavalier that actually had the nerve to manually adjust the passenger mirror to suit him. When I asked him numerously to put it back, he said no it's fine like this. I told him to fix it or GTFO. He fixed it. Then I told him to GTFO.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
oh the pets one pissed me off. my gf and her mom have a spoiled Bichon and me and me gf took my car to pick it up from being groomed. i told the gf to hold her and not let her jump on my seats.

she had her on a leash and when my gf opened the door, what does she let that fucking dog do? jump on my seats, center console and rear seats. i told her to hold that fucking dog. to this day, thats the only time ive snapped on my gf ..all because of my car lol
Old 08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Mom and Aunt always complain that the car is too low, and that I should've gotten a CR-V. You like it so much get it yourself.

You touch my shifter you GTFO.
You touch my handbrake you GTFO.
You put your elbow on my armrest and refuse to budge when I do the same you GTFO.
You touch my windshield wiper you GTFO. I won't bother to stop.
You touch my horn or anything in the steering wheel you GTFO.
You touch me while driving you GTFO.
Might as well GTFO right now.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
oh the pets one pissed me off. my gf and her mom have a spoiled Bichon and me and me gf took my car to pick it up from being groomed. i told the gf to hold her and not let her jump on my seats.

she had her on a leash and when my gf opened the door, what does she let that fucking dog do? jump on my seats, center console and rear seats. i told her to hold that fucking dog. to this day, thats the only time ive snapped on my gf ..all because of my car lol
See, everyone in a relationship here on AZ is a polygamist. There's your human SO, then there's your real SO...
Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
That turbo though.....

how bout when the windshield is foged up and the passenger decideds to use there sleeve to clear it up!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

I wanna get a big sticker that says "If you are the passenger and you want to help, don't. My car doesn't need you"
Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Intermediate

my friend made the same thread on and he sent me this post i thought was pretty funny...

Originally Posted by crashemin
How about when friends play with the heater seat button..and burn ya ass..while driving..or turning on the map light at night cause they need to see how they roll up the weed..lol..while you driving ??'

LOL
Old 08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

whiskey tango foxtrot are you doing in your car?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
gahh my buddy did the same thing with the seat heaters. now my side doesnt work fml
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
One more thing, I hate when ppl slam my trunk, I got a A-Spec spoiler which is probably the heaviest spoiler for out TLs and I dont have the upgraded trunk springs to handle the weight, so whenever ppl close my trunk like they will close a Chrysler trunk lid, they slam it with so much forces that it sounds like the trunk lid is gonna recoil and rip right off thus ending up through my rear windshield that or breaking my trunk latch.

I can hold my trunk lid up 2 inches off the trunk latch, drop it and it will close without recoil.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
Haha i agree with a lot of these. One of the most annoying things for me is that people love to touch windows when the car is just cleaned. No they dont touch it when its dirty and i dont really care but only when it is clean they have to make it dirty. Also hate when people slams my door shut.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Leaving tissue paper in the car (wife). Putting their feet on the console, on the passenger airbag. ahhhhhhh
Old 08-11-2009, 02:24 PM
12volt Technician

Leaving garbage in it and fucking with my doors.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
Ohh also when the side passenger seats in a way that causes the side passenger air bag light to come on
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
2003 TL

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by speedemon90
Ohh also when the side passenger seats in a way that causes the side passenger air bag light to come on
lol +1

Originally Posted by niju321
... slamming of doors (i hear the hardware shaking in there and it makes me die a little inside)
haha..yup me too!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
dont let teenage imbeciles in your car

great thread to read, its soo true. i agree with everything.

i hate having people in my car soo much i just don't let people in anymore. i make them drive me everywhere and let them pay for gas.

one time i had a few buddies in for a ride, full load. my one friend opened his rear window and stuck his hand out there and then opened my door from the outside while we were driving down the highway doing like 80. scared the shit out of me cus my door just started to open, then i looked back only to see him opening it. then he put his hands on the seat controls and started adjusting my seat while i was driving , so i pulled over and kicked him out of the car and made him walk home (it was only like a mile so didn't feel bad ). that kid also spit out the window and got his spit all over my trunk lid , when i got home i called him up and told him to come over and lick it off. dont you just hate people like that?

so yea opening doors, spitting out the window and adjusting my seat WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT LIKE 80 MPH was just tooooooooo far for me. so if you want to get in my car you have to prove your worthy and not act like a freackin imbecile or you can walk home .
Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Burning Brakes

shampoo floor mats then put them back in the car, still soaking wet

my car still smells like a wet dog

Quick Reply: Annoying things people do to you ride.