Am I stupid or what

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I stupid or what

So here goes fellas, I took an easy bolt on job and f'd up big time. I was putting my strut bar on and was having problems with the holes lining up. So I did the usual loosen all the bolts and jack the car up still nada. So bright and inpatient person that I am, I took a piece of wood and hammer to the freakin thing and it went on the only problem is that as it was sliding on it took the threads off the screw with it. So now I have my lovely strut bar on with only one nut holding it on the driver side, the other side is ok. I put 2 of the lock nut on there that you hammer on but I don't think they'll be a long term solution. Did any of you guys have probs with neuspeed strut bar fitment? Now what? I guess I'll have to get those teins sooner than I expected. Damn I can't believe I did something so stupid!!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:24 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its supossed to be a tight fit, but not that tight. Impatience = :no,no: when doing car work

it should be safe untill you get new suspension...use this as an excuse for new coilovers
Old 02-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by etxxz
its supossed to be a tight fit, but not that tight. Impatience = :no,no: when doing car work

it should be safe untill you get new suspension...use this as an excuse for new coilovers

are there any other set ups besides tein that aren't so expensive? how bout tokico illuminas with some ground control coilovers, is that any good?
Old 02-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mikegtls02
Did any of you guys have probs with neuspeed strut bar fitment?
yeah -- neuspeed is a really tight fit from what I hear. Was where you were installing the strut bar level? That might be a reason why it didn't fit properly. I have a Cusco OS-type strut bar and it was a direct bolt-on to the car. Just torqued to spec ... gave me marginal improvement (more for cosmetics of engine bay, IMHO)
Old 02-28-2005, 09:27 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

the threads can be redone with special tools, or you will have to buy new parts from Acura... getting new coilovers wont solve the problem cuz they dont come with the upper pillow ball (where the bolts connect..) except the Tein SS-P and im not even sure if those come with the threaded struts you messed up.

feel free to correct me if im wrong..
Old 02-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
the threads can be redone with special tools, or you will have to buy new parts from Acura... getting new coilovers wont solve the problem cuz they dont come with the upper pillow ball (where the bolts connect..) except the Tein SS-P and im not even sure if those come with the threaded struts you messed up.

feel free to correct me if im wrong..
i agree. you will have to get a new oem upper mount or get the tein pillow ball upgrade (if applicable).

Old 03-11-2005, 03:02 AM
Pro

you can find a set of new illumina's with some coilovers for around $600 on ebay or even same some money and buy them (Ground Controls) used. *shameless plug* THe adjustablity is sweet and being able to raise your car up when the weather gets sheeity is a beautiful thing.