Am I nitpicking?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Am I nitpicking?

Am I nitpicking?

It appears that my tailpipes are uneven? Is this something to dealer can fix in a short amount of time? Is this common on the TLs?

Other things that surprise me on my Brand New TL Type-S:
--Controls on the steering wheel are a bit off (not flush) and they look kind of sloppy!

--Side molding on the outside of passenger door is loose.

--One of the buttons for the seat heater is crooked and will not lay flat in its housing!!

--Moonroof is suddenly VERY squeaky. I’ve had the car for about 4 months and now this noise is making me nuts! I have searched on this one and it appears to be an easy fix, I hope.

--And, boy does this paint chip easily!

Just wanted to point out these minor defects. Am I too picky? It is just that the craftsmanship on this Acura is not as good as the assembly quality on our Odyssey minivan or any of the other Hondas I’ve had in the past. This should not be so.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Am I nitpicking?

Am I nitpicking?
> No, you're not.. you just want quality for what hard earned money you have spent on the car.

It appears that my tailpipes are uneven? Is this something to dealer can fix in a short amount of time? Is this common on the TLs?
> Yes, very common. You can easily fix this yourself with a zip-tie of the rubber hanger to raise the muffler.

--Controls on the steering wheel are a bit off (not flush) and they look kind of sloppy!
> don't know what to say.. maybe you should post a pic

> Should have the dealer fix that

--One of the buttons for the seat heater is crooked and will not lay flat in its housing!!
> dealer

--Moonroof is suddenly VERY squeaky. I’ve had the car for about 4 months and now this noise is making me nuts! I have searched on this one and it appears to be an easy fix, I hope.
> There is a service bulletin about this. Fixed by using teflon tape on the part where the glass touches the housing. Covered under warranty, dealer.

>Yes it does, but after a while, it seems better. Just try not to follow trucks.

It is just that the craftsmanship on this Acura is not as good as the assembly quality on our Odyssey minivan or any of the other Hondas I’ve had in the past.
> The TLS are made in Ohio.. all your other Honda's in the past most likely were assembled in Japan.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Edub-TL, thanks for your replies on these items!

As far as assembly, My last Accord (very high assembly quality) '91 was built in Ohio. The van was actually made in Montreal, Quebec. The Odyssey is near perfect in the way it was put together.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Am I nitpicking?

Originally posted by Lycos
Am I nitpicking?

Just wanted to point out these minor defects. Am I too picky? It is just that the craftsmanship on this Acura is not as good as the assembly quality on our Odyssey minivan or any of the other Hondas I’ve had in the past. This should not be so.
I find my 03 TL-S is not quality built as well.
The paint chip easily.
The dash rattles.
The seat squeaks.
and all those kind of stuff. I'm trying not to look at it or pay attention to it because it will just stress me off.
But it is a nice car though.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:46 PM
Safety Car

You can bring your car back for whatever reason and have the dealer inspect and repair it if you think there's something wrong. The TL is not a perfect car, so it bound to have some small problems here and there.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:46 AM
Cruisin'

I get ticked whenever i see my uneven trunk. (try putting your hands on each side of your trunk where that little gap is) But my friends BMW squeaks whenever you move your seat. Hate that.

03 MHB TLP