am i getting ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 01:17 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question am i getting ripped off?

i was driving at night and hit the curve with my front rightside tire and my handle is kinda tilted to right ( to go straight)
my friend was tellin me if i just get alignment or new camber , i should be fine . but i took my car to dealer today they ask me to pay 3000 dollors and told me its a bad damage. am i gettin ripped off or what? my plan was to get spring and lower it and get alignment as well and should be fine.. hmmmm what the hell am i talkin bout..? any help?
Old 12-18-2001, 01:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

well, i think if you not only bend your rim but also the axle that could be a pretty expensive fix?
Old 12-18-2001, 02:18 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$3,000?? That's expensive.

Well...I say you get an alignment first ($30 down here)...if there is still a problem..i think it's a axle.
Old 12-18-2001, 02:33 AM
Banned

Wouldn't jump to any conclusions, but if its a trustworthy dealer than maybe you should trust them??? Is it covered under warranty?
Old 12-18-2001, 03:34 AM
Advanced

i think i am gettin ripped off because i had same problem with my previous car and it didnt cost me that much but it was GTI ..
so since TL is nice car it may be expensive to fix?
damn i cant really remember how hard i hit it cuz i was drunk :o
but i am gonna take it to this auto shop tomorow and have the guy look at it
Old 12-18-2001, 04:45 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Odagari
tsk! tsk! tsk! prepare to get flamed...
Old 12-18-2001, 07:07 AM
Dr. TLS

i think i am gettin ripped off because i had same problem with my previous car and it didnt cost me that much but it was GTI ..
After reading your first post, I was feeling pretty sympathetic. But upon reading the one after that, I think many people will agree when I say you got pretty lucky to get away with only $3000 worth of damages. Sorry but I have no sympathy for losers (my friend was killed by a drunk bastard).
Old 12-18-2001, 07:52 AM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I was going to offer my opinion to try to help you out but after you made this comment, I will not. I always donate money for M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers). If you are drunk, please do not drive. It is people like you that take innocent lives away from their families.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:21 AM
Banned

I have no comment on your lifestyle , BUT as for the dealer asking 3000 for it, then im sure they told you WHY it costs 3000. No dealer i know tells you the price of a damage without saying whats wrong.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:14 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Your an idiot man, how the hell can you curb two cars and then question what the dealer told you. Stop drinking, pay the money and take driving lesssons. Its an idiot like you that kills the people we love yet walks away without a scratch.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:37 AM
Burning Brakes

The dealer can easily tell the difference between damage caused by an impact and a factory component defect. Suspension parts don't just "bend" on their own. $3K doesn't sound impossible depending on what needs to be replaced. The dealer should give you a list of the parts that need to be replaced and the labor charges. Take the dealer's estimate to either another dealer or an outside shop to get a second opinion. That's the only way you'll know if you're getting ripped-off. Either way, $3K is cheap compared to a vehicular manslaughter charge for DUI. Driving drunk is stupid.
Old 12-18-2001, 11:26 AM
Burning Brakes

there's no way they will cover with warranty

city

Don't drink and DRIVE!!!
Old 12-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Racer

Please click here, and follow the instructions:

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/...ts/P-3_d1.html

Want more info? Click here:

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/
Old 12-18-2001, 01:01 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

man..after reading your second post....i was also feeling sympathy because of your car..but now...grrrr! Why do you gotta drink and drive? You endanger YOUR LIFE! Trashing your car, and the lives of others! I myself have a common sense stuck in my head about the bad things in life...well first of all, if I knew I was drinking..i wouldn't even drive. or i'll wait till I sober up.
Old 12-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Advanced

well the thing is my friend(he was sober) was driving my car and i was in passanger seat . and after this thing happen, he said he will pay for alignments and stuff but dealer says it will cost 3000 dollors and my friend thinks it will cost less than 300 dollors
so i am in little akward situation .. sucks ! i cant ask my friend to pay 3 grands ya know..
Old 12-18-2001, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

i cant ask my friend to pay 3 grands ya know..
Why the hell not? He wrecked it....he pays for it. End of discussion.
Old 12-18-2001, 03:19 PM

damn i cant really remember how hard i hit it cuz i was drunk
well the thing is my friend(he was sober) was driving my car and i was in passanger seat
Riiiiiiight !!! 10 flames later you've now become just the drunken passenger ?! So, your "sober" friend was doing you a favor by being your designated driver and you expect him to pay for it ? Was your friend just "less drunk" ? I mean it doesn't look too good if your sober friend hits a "curve" (?) while the owner is drunk in the passenger seat. Just pay whatever to have it fixed and stop your b!tchin', you should be glad you're alive and appreciative you even have friends to carry your sorry ass.
Old 12-18-2001, 06:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TedC
...I mean it doesn't look too good if your sober friend hits a "curve" (?) while the owner is drunk in the passenger seat...
Maybe not, but quite frankly it sure looks better than if the drunk owner hits a curve while the sober friend is in the passenger seat, don't you think?

Tony
Old 12-18-2001, 07:52 PM

I hear ya Tony, actually what I am getting at is that possibly his friend just wasn't as drunk as him, so he drove by default. It just seems too coincidental that they left somewhere that consisted of drinking and on that particular night his sober friend happened to crash his car.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:56 PM
Banned

Riiiiiiight !!! 10 flames later you've now become just the drunken passenger ?! So, your "sober" friend was doing you a favor by being your designated driver and you expect him to pay for it ? Was your friend just "less drunk" ? I mean it doesn't look too good if your sober friend hits a "curve" (?) while the owner is drunk in the passenger seat. Just pay whatever to have it fixed and stop your b!tchin', you should be glad you're alive and appreciative you even have friends to carry your sorry ass.
Damn what the **** is wrong with you guys??? He's just telling you the truth and asking for advice, why you got to flame him for??? True I hate drunk drivers as well, actually i really hate them and drunk people in general because i've known some people hurt by them, however, why hold this against him just cuz he was trying to explain his uation??? Geez...just answer his question...
Old 12-18-2001, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ken2000ac

Why the hell not? He wrecked it....he pays for it. End of discussion.
Exactly, I know he's your friend and all but that still doesn't give him an excuse to **** up your car then walk away from it, even though he was just doing a favor for you. Then again though, that's why I don't drink, because i don't trust anybody else to drive my car...besides all the other negatives to drinking etc etc...
Old 12-18-2001, 08:43 PM

Exactly, I know he's your friend and all but that still doesn't give him an excuse to **** up your car then walk away from it, even though he was just doing a favor for you. Then again though, that's why I don't drink, because i don't trust anybody else to drive my car...besides all the other negatives to drinking etc etc...
Let's assume his friend was sober okay ? For whatever reason he cracks up the car, why is he fully responsible for it ? The owner isn't responsible enough to account for his condition, but if his friend wasn't even there what would he have done then ?! He's already done this to another vehicle, maybe he couldn't find a designated driver. Remember, his friend was doing him a FAVOR driving him, the owner should be at least partially responsible since he couldn't even drive ( which he himself caused). And how is anyone really going to speculate cost without pictures or descriptions ? All's I'm saying is that his friend got into an accident (?) because the owner was too drunk to drive, he's got to accept some blame.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Im not gonna touch the drinking, but how can anyone tell you if you are being ripped off or not if you dont even tell us whats wrong with the car?? What did the dealership say needed to be repaired/replaced????? Hell people curb cars when parking, or driving all the time, most get away with a scuffed up tire.

How about helping us help you by giving us some real information?
Old 12-18-2001, 09:51 PM
Just too cool

ouch

Yesterday, I was waiting to get out of a parking lot after buying a christmas present when this idiot backs into me. I took the car to a body shop and they estimated it to be 2500 in damages. From what I can see, my bumper is about 6in in, my fender is bent out of shape that the ends stick out, and my corner turn signal doesn't work any more. I just got word that the guy's insurance is giving me full coverage on the car, plus a rental car. Six days without my baby....
Old 12-18-2001, 10:06 PM
Banned

Let's assume his friend was sober okay ? For whatever reason he cracks up the car, why is he fully responsible for it ? The owner isn't responsible enough to account for his condition, but if his friend wasn't even there what would he have done then ?! He's already done this to another vehicle, maybe he couldn't find a designated driver. Remember, his friend was doing him a FAVOR driving him, the owner should be at least partially responsible since he couldn't even drive ( which he himself caused). And how is anyone really going to speculate cost without pictures or descriptions ? All's I'm saying is that his friend got into an accident (?) because the owner was too drunk to drive, he's got to accept some blame.
Yeah ok i c your point, but my real anger was towards the way everybody was preaching to him about drunken driving, **** i hate that **** too everytime i see it and am effected by it but why did everybody choose him to crucify??? I c your point though Ted and I agree with you, though i think his friend has some responsibility on his shoulders...
Old 12-19-2001, 01:45 AM
Advanced

i know what i did was very bad thing and
i shouldve called taxi or something
but please stop hatin on me
i am sad as it is right now
Old 12-19-2001, 02:08 AM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yo man. What color is your car? you got any mods? i am in the same city as you are. Did you go to Acura of Bellevue? what exactly is broken? we need more info.

oh yeah. You gotta promise us that it was your last time drinking and driving.

Old 12-19-2001, 02:46 AM
Banned

Exactly, just stop
Old 12-19-2001, 04:27 AM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by UW TL
You gotta promise us that it was your last time drinking and driving.

The reason some of us objected to his drinking was simply this: provide negative feedback so that he would actually think about what he's doing the next time he's in a similar situation. There's no need to make this experience one which he will remember as getting lots of sympathy for. Instead, if he remembers the criticism and outrage, maybe he won't do it again. It was an attempt to make driving and the streets safer for both him and others on the board. Stop trying to glorify it as a crucifiction, Chadova. I think you'd understand the great importance of the situation if you had lost a friend or relative to drunk driving too.
Old 12-19-2001, 12:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

I hear ya Tony, actually what I am getting at is that possibly his friend just wasn't as drunk as him, so he drove by default. It just seems too coincidental that they left somewhere that consisted of drinking and on that particular night his sober friend happened to crash his car.
I gotcha--in no way was I implicitly defending their actions (it does sound kinda fishy but since I wasn't there I'll leave it up to others to speculate).

Tony
Old 12-19-2001, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by vandy786

The reason some of us objected to his drinking was simply this: provide negative feedback so that he would actually think about what he's doing the next time he's in a similar situation. There's no need to make this experience one which he will remember as getting lots of sympathy for. Instead, if he remembers the criticism and outrage, maybe he won't do it again. It was an attempt to make driving and the streets safer for both him and others on the board. Stop trying to glorify it as a crucifiction, Chadova. I think you'd understand the great importance of the situation if you had lost a friend or relative to drunk driving too.
Glorifying it? Oh sorry for using your religion or whatever but geez you guys are using him as a scapegoat for all the bad things done to you by drunkards...you say i WOULD understand the situation if something happened to my FAMILY? You ever seen a group of friends minding their own business get the **** kicked out of them...they didn't die but that's not the point...I understand the importance but just let it go and don't use him as a excuse to take out all your anger on him, all he asked was an innocent question and he told the truth of the situation and he gets flamed for it...think about it...
Old 12-19-2001, 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: am i getting ripped off?

I am sorry, but there is no way his friend was driving.

i was driving at night and hit the curve
For those who missed that, let me show you again:

i was driving at night and hit the curve
He drank, crashed his car, came on here for advice, was given the proper treatment for a drunk driver, and then changed his story. I fully believe that he was driving his car and HE hit the CURB. He deserves no sympathy and $3000 is not enough of a penalty to have to pay. Are we even sure it was a curb he hit?
Old 12-19-2001, 02:51 PM
Advanced

If i drove and hit the curve, i wouldve felt better because i am responsible for all action but .. it dont even matter now
i am taking it to acura of bellevue today and put it on alignment whatever to see what kinda parts i need and get estimated price
and get the money from insurance and have my hommies fix it

To UWTL.. my car is black and i go to UW too
do u think we could meet up? cuz i have some question on installin mods...
and thanks to CHADHOVA! for not hatin me so much
Old 12-19-2001, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

If i drove and hit the curve
You DID hit the "curve". If you are wondering why the curve is in quotes for the 15th time in this thread is cause it is a CURB!!!

Do everyone a favor, don't drink anymore. Obviously you did not think that you were drunk and drove. Luckily, no real harm done. Next time may not be so lucky. Do all of us and yourself a favor and just lay off the booze.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

2001AudiS4.....DUDE were you there? I didn't think so.

I agree his story sounds fishy, but so what. He knows what he did or did not do. Driving while intoxicated isn't a wise thing to do, however none of us know whether or not he did. His friend might have been driving.

If the friend was driving, he pays.

If you were driving, your fvcked.

Live and learn......and good luck getting the car repaired.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:23 PM
Banned

Re: Re: am i getting ripped off?

Originally posted by 2001AudiS4
I am sorry, but there is no way his friend was driving.

For those who missed that, let me show you again:

He drank, crashed his car, came on here for advice, was given the proper treatment for a drunk driver, and then changed his story. I fully believe that he was driving his car and HE hit the CURB. He deserves no sympathy and $3000 is not enough of a penalty to have to pay. Are we even sure it was a curb he hit?
Ok fine so he was the driver and he hit a ****ing curb while he was drunk ONCE...geez he was trying to tell a story so fine he lied, he is WRONG for drinking and driving but I still say there is no need to flame him and INFER that he hit a person or whatever you were trying to infer with your Are you sure he hit a curb rant
Old 12-19-2001, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 2001AudiS4

You DID hit the "curve". If you are wondering why the curve is in quotes for the 15th time in this thread is cause it is a CURB!!!

Do everyone a favor, don't drink anymore. Obviously you did not think that you were drunk and drove. Luckily, no real harm done. Next time may not be so lucky. Do all of us and yourself a favor and just lay off the booze.
Yeah I agree just don't do it anymore please and LOL about the curb curve thing , thank you for someone just giving their opinion and not flaming this guy's pants off for a mistake he made 1)in life??? or 2) in the post??? I'm sure if everybody here(including myself) got flamed for typo's, nobody's question would be answered.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: am i getting ripped off?

Originally posted by chadhova
I still say there is no need to flame him and INFER that he hit a person or whatever you were trying to infer with your Are you sure he hit a curb rant
I was not trying to imply that he hit a person, just that he is lucky that it was only a curb. After going back to read my post it does look like I implied that, sorry. I do think he was very lucky however that it was only a curb.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:40 PM
Banned

Ohhhhhhh!!!! I see i see, yeah your right, he is damn lucky that's all but i'm glad to see that at least it was minor and he only did damage to himself.
Old 12-19-2001, 06:04 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by chadhova

Glorifying it? Oh sorry for using your religion or whatever but geez you guys are using him as a scapegoat for all the bad things done to you by drunkards...you say i WOULD understand the situation if something happened to my FAMILY? You ever seen a group of friends minding their own business get the **** kicked out of them...they didn't die but that's not the point...I understand the importance but just let it go and don't use him as a excuse to take out all your anger on him, all he asked was an innocent question and he told the truth of the situation and he gets flamed for it...think about it...
Ok I thought about it. Nobody is using him as a scapegoat or take out their anger. You might have missed the point I mentioned earlier: this incident should serve as a lesson, not as something he remembers getting lots of sympathy for. We told him it was wrong and that was the end of the discussion. You are the one who keeps bringing this stupid point up and trying to make it all personal. I mean, nobody is trying to blame him for all drunkards. Lighten up. I respect the fact that you came to his defense since he was telling the truth. But regardless, let it go.

Quick Reply: am i getting ripped off?