For all you with 18's.....wheels that is

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 03:49 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question For all you with 18's.....wheels that is

As I mentioned before I got the green light from my fincancial officer (better known as my wife) to shop for new rims and tires. I'm leaning towards the Racing Hart's C2 or C5 in 18". This is where I need all your expertise and knowledge.
How much rougher will the ride get? I know handling will be much improved but I surely don't want to be bouncing around in my seat. How will it look...will there be increased room between the top of the tire and the fender? Will I need to drop it in order for it to look good?

Now granted my TL is more like my wife's TL so I really need your honest opinion. I told her there wouldn't be any change in the ride comfort. But if there is I may need to look at going down to 17's if that will help the ride. Any input is welcome! Thanks fellow TL'rs
Old 11-10-2000, 03:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Talk with Tim (Snook), he has the C2's at 18". I love that wheel, but my chief financial officer would freak if I spent that much. My total mods can't exceed 10% the value of the car. I've been worried about the same thing 17's or 18's. Same problem it's the bosses car. I love the TL's luxurious ride and do not want to sacrifice it for customizing. As Obi-Wan said. "You must find balance".

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. Soon to have 17" wheels. Lowered 1.5" & Comptech Axle back Exhaust.
Old 11-10-2000, 05:59 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wassup!!Lawaia
If you want to know what 19" Racing Hart C-5's look like on a TL and see the ride difference (which in my opinion, not much different than stock). let me know I live in Liliha. Give me an E-mail.
- Tanner

------------------
tann@808-'00 TL
non-Navi(Doesn't work in Hawaii)

Factory body kit & Wing, 19" Racing Hart C-5's, Nitto 555's,
CompTech Springs, CompTech Exhaust, AEM CAI,
TL rear door handles in front, Alpine 8080.

tann@pixi.com
Old 11-10-2000, 11:39 PM
Burning Brakes

If your planning to get 18" rims the ride is somewhat effected, but its very little.. it also depends on the the tire size you get as well.. with thinner tires you will feel more of the roads impact.. If your planning to get 18" rims yeah you will probably need to drop it a little for it to look nice.. i'm still deciding whether to get comptech spring or the a'pexi coilovers..

------------------
Old 11-13-2000, 01:40 PM

Lawaia, I've mentioned this before about new wheels and tires affecting the ride. When you install new TIRES, whether they are plus 1 or 2 or 3, your rubber is fresher and therefore much softer so initially the ride may be smoother. Especially, if the tires you're replacing have a lot of mileage and/or age. Heat and time will harden rubber. Because this is so gradual one does not even notice this change. But the desire to have the look will usually outweigh the practical side. I went with 17's because I was also concerned with the ride. BTW, although I thought my car looked good without lowering it, I just dropped it, using H&R springs,and now it looks even better! You gotta go with the drop!
Old 11-14-2000, 12:38 AM
Drifting

Show the pix please!! I want to see how it looks with H&R springs. I'm going to get 18" rims and thinking of lowering the ride a *bit* also. I mean a *bit* since I got body kit and I do not want to constantly scrape the kit. I scrape it as is right now.

------------------
Y2K silver TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler, 38% window tint
Old 11-14-2000, 05:40 AM
Intermediate

Personnally I don't know why everyone chooses the c2's and the c5's but no one ever chooses the m5's. I have the 18' m5's on my car right now and it looks sweet and not many people have it.
Old 11-14-2000, 09:05 AM
Pro

Originally posted by illusions:
Personnally I don't know why everyone chooses the c2's and the c5's but no one ever chooses the m5's. I have the 18' m5's on my car right now and it looks sweet and not many people have it.
Man , you made a point there , can you show me the pics of it ??? C5 and C2s already outdated , it's the M5 age now people !!!

------------------
2000 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Factory Kit coming up
Old 11-14-2000, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Ride quality isn't that greatly affected, even with comptech springs. The size of the rim isn't as big a factor as the size/brand tire you outfit it with.

I can't vouch for other springs because I don't have them, but have heard all good things about most of them.

I have Nitto NT555 225 40 18 tires and my ride quality is pretty much the same as stock (and I have comptech springs) except when going over bumps you feel them slightly more. Nothing greatly noticeable though. And my "chief financial officer" (LOL) is a real pain in the azz when it comes to affecting ride comfort and all and she was quite pleased with it.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by StreetEffectz on 11-14-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 11-14-2000, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

Sorry I don't have a digital camera, but i'll try to find one to show everyone how nice the m5's look. As for the m6, I really don't like the way they look but at least thy're new and hardly anyone has them.
Old 11-14-2000, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Talking

You can see the new "M" series Racing Harts right here. The M6 is cool!
Old 11-14-2000, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
How about the M-6?
Ed

------------------
'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 11-15-2000, 12:23 AM
Moderator Alumnus

DAAAAYYYUUUMMMM!!! I had my mind set on either the C2 or C5 and now that I seen those M5's they are totally sweet!! Thanks to all for your input. New springs it is!!

C2....M5.....hmmmm...need to decide before my CFO changes her mind!!

BTW - how much for those M5...anybody??
Old 11-15-2000, 03:53 AM
AC
Drifting

Well, I just ordered the DAZZ MATIZ from Snook. Tann had photoshoped the DAZZ on Snook's car at my request since I have a White TL and I'm getting the Comptech Springs installed (as soon as I get them). You can check out this link to give you an idea.
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002703.html

Tann has C5's, Snook has C2's and Tann photoshoped a DAZZ. I really wanted the Volk AV3's but I'm seeing the Konig Monsoon (knockoff) quite regularly on Preludes and Integras. The DAZZ I haven't seen in the DC area on any car yet, plus I was told that they are very good quality.

Good luck. I won't be able to post any pics til I get the wheels (about 10 days) and the spings.

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights.
Custom Mesh Bumper
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs and Inspire Tails on the way - Thank You Mr. Snook!!!!
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 11-15-2000, 09:17 PM
Intermediate

I paid 2600$ for my m5's with tires, pirelli p7000 supersport 225/40/zr 18. But I really got hooked up
Old 11-15-2000, 09:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i have 18" C2 evo's

the ride was a little harsher but not much. The handling difference is amazing. I've been cruizing around on stock for a week and it is AMAZING what a difference it is. I SCREECH around turns at about 10 mph less then it would even take to get those 18"s to make a tiny bit of noise
Old 11-16-2000, 12:52 AM
AC
Drifting

Thumbs up

I paid 2600$ for my m5's with tires, pirelli p7000 supersport 225/40/zr 18. But I really got hooked up
Did you get them from Snook?

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights.
Custom Mesh Bumper
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs and Inspire Tails on the way - Thank You Mr. Snook!!!!
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 11-16-2000, 12:57 AM
Advanced

I have 18" C5 and live in Brooklyn where the road sucks my two front rims are dented up the passenger side really bad just got them back from being fixed cost me $200 to fix each rim b/c they were 3 piece but it don't ride that harsh don't know how I dented them but since u live in hawaii I quess the road out there is real smooth so good luck. go for it.
Old 11-16-2000, 01:44 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by AC:
Well, I just ordered the DAZZ MATIZ from Snook. Tann had photoshoped the DAZZ on Snook's car at my request since I have a White TL and I'm getting the Comptech Springs installed (as soon as I get them). You can check out this link to give you an idea.
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002703.html

Tann has C5's, Snook has C2's and Tann photoshoped a DAZZ. I really wanted the Volk AV3's but I'm seeing the Konig Monsoon (knockoff) quite regularly on Preludes and Integras. The DAZZ I haven't seen in the DC area on any car yet, plus I was told that they are very good quality.

Good luck. I won't be able to post any pics til I get the wheels (about 10 days) and the spings.

Thanx AC. I already requested that service from Tanner! That would help with my decision. I'm hopeful that I'll be ordering my rims and springs before the end of next month. BTW - AC-how long did it take you before you decided to buy those Dazz Matiz??
Just curious....
Old 11-16-2000, 02:22 AM
Moderator Alumnus

So what will it take to get me hooked up with this deal????
Old 11-16-2000, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

You just got to know the right people. Living in LA you meet alot of people in the import scene. No I didn't get them from snook.
Snook.......Put m5's up on this site
Old 11-17-2000, 02:04 AM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by Lawaia:

BTW - AC-how long did it take you before you decided to buy those Dazz Matiz??
Just curious....
Actually, when I was committed to dish out all that $ for rims, I was set on the Volk AV3's then after that, I thought about it for about 5 days then decided on the DAZZ.

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights.
Custom Mesh Bumper
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!