All peeps who bought Factory Body Kit when purchasing the car

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 12:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All peeps who bought Factory Body Kit when purchasing the car

My question is to all the people who purchased the TL with the factory body kit. The thing is that I want to take off my front spoiler, but I realized that the dealer never gave me the front spoiler that is originally on the car. So, the front end looks crappy without a front spoiler.

I went to the dealership I bought the car from (Vandergriff) and they gave me the run around and how they throw away the parts after so many days if we don't request them.

If anyone has any experience with this situation, please inform me. I want to get the parts but the dealership is not budging to front the cost so I need a new approach.
Old 07-19-2001, 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

I HATE dealerships and salesmans..... before u buy the car, they bug you and be all nice to you and suck up. Then afterwards, they don't give a damnnnnn. And when you young, they straight up ignore you!!! FoCkErS!!
Old 07-19-2001, 04:35 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

If they charged you full price for the body kit(around $1000), they definately should gave you the original lip spoiler(front, sides, & rear) also......because those parts are originally on the car when you bought it first time...
Old 07-19-2001, 05:04 PM
VDo
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Sup Dragon. I have a similar experience except it happened with my 99 Accord coupe. I bought the car with the factory kit from the dealer, and after just 2 weeks, some guy wanted to buy my painted stock sides for $100 so that his LX can look like an EX. Since I didn't have it, I went back to the dealer to see if they still had my(or someone else's) original sides that they took off. The dealer told me the exact same thing, that they throw them away as soon as they take them off.

Now that's BS I thought. I think the dealers store them in their parts department as inventory or maybe give it to their body shop to be used as replacement parts.

I think your best bet would be to find someone that bought and installed their underbody kit outside the dealer and see if you can buy their stock piece. Good luck.
Old 07-19-2001, 05:55 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all the parts that come off from the car are thrown away immediately into trash. I was at my dealer to witness that. some dude was installing a bodykit on a TL and he just took out the factory parts and threw them into trash. I went in there and asked him if i could have the front factory spoiler and he said yeah....
Old 07-19-2001, 09:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ballxnxparlay
I HATE dealerships and salesmans..... before u buy the car, they bug you and be all nice to you and suck up. Then afterwards, they don't give a damnnnnn. And when you young, they straight up ignore you!!! FoCkErS!!
Ditto. I went to my dealer 2 months ago to get my extended warranty cancelled and they made me wait like an hour just to give me a freakin form. Then I filled it out and the guy was like I'm busy come back tomorrow. I was like hell no, f u, I live in jersey and it's an hour away. So fill this sh!t out now...I told him. Then the finance dude said ok, give it to the sales manager. I took the form to the manager and he said don't worry I'll take care of it guys. Ok..so I thought everything was cool...

Now 2 days ago I called Honda/Acura Care, to see if they sent out the check for the cancelled extended warranty, and they told me they didn't get no request. I was like wtf? Then I went back to the sales manager, Adam at Paragon Acura in NY. He told me to go back and get the form again and fill it out, so I did and faxed it in myself. What a prick. He just threw the damn form away after I filled it out the first, time I know he did, those bastards...I will never buy another car from Paragon and I'm urging everyone who reads this to not either b/c of their lying salesman, caught at their own game. Thank you for reading this long ass post, sorry just venting

Well the only Acura Dealer I trust is Park Ave now...seeing how they give their customers excellent customer service. I still don't trust any Sales Dept. though, any...
Old 07-19-2001, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

2 of the 3 dealers I've been to suck here in Dallas. I hate them. I will never buy another Acura or a Honda. I'd rather have a slightly more boring Lexus and have a much better car with much better service.

NEVER AGAIN!!!
Old 07-20-2001, 01:09 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not too familiar with the earlier mods - have a 2002 - but i don't recall what this stock lip looks like. actually, i thought it had none.

anyone got pics?
Old 07-20-2001, 01:14 AM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
yea, you gotta ask for it otherwise they'll throw it away..
Old 07-20-2001, 03:26 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Gomez
2 of the 3 dealers I've been to suck here in Dallas. I hate them. I will never buy another Acura or a Honda. I'd rather have a slightly more boring Lexus and have a much better car with much better service.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

I CAN'T AGREE MORE!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2001, 09:33 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dragon TL-

We have a white lip spoiler from a 200 TL. You can have it for the cost of shipping if you want to get it painted. I had a silver one but we just gave it to someone last week. Sorry.

E-mail me if you are interested.
Old 07-23-2001, 01:36 AM
Pro

My family has owned Lexus, Mercedes, Lincolns, and Hondas and i think all Lexus, Mercedes and Lincoln all had betterservice than Acura. And Acura has better service than Honda.

You really can't compare Lexus service to Acura, its about 500 times better. After each service a Acura, I get a call and they ask if everything was okay, etc. etc. While things were okay, they were never great really. I think Acura realizes that their cars are more value oriented than a lot of other luxury car manafacturers and they treat you like that. It lowers their costs. They don't spend that much time per customer as Lexus or mercedes does.

At acura, the value you get seems to be in the car for its price, nothing more. If you want good service, or the complete package (good car, good follow up treatment, etc) forget about it. I have to admit for a few thousand more to get kick ass service, the Lexus IS300 does look a bit more appealing at times. But i still prefer having a better looking, more powerful car at this time. When the time comes, I'm going MB all the way or maybe Lexus.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:47 PM
Suzuka Master

It my previous experience as an owner of an MB vehicle, the service was I'd say alot better then Acura Services (except Park Ave). But it could be worse, it could be a Chevy service or whatever.

This reminds me of a little story....
I was at work for Alamo Rent A Car, and we pickup a Chevy Impala from a customer which has about 35K miles and it's a 2000 model. My co-worker drops it off for the standard oil change and fluids, tire rotation and everything. Then we pick it up again and my coworker takes the car home for the night. But he never quite made it, the car stalled on him half way home and I came and picked him up and we had the Impala towed to Wigder Chevrolet. Widger replaced the starter for us under warranty.

Then a few days later, I pick it up from Widger, drive the car about 10 miles for my lunch break. The car stalls out on me this time and I was making a U turn too in front of a company drive way. So now I'm stuck in front of the drive way blocking the cars coming in and out. I tried to start the car like 25 times and it just wouldn't start, so I call the office and tell them to send a tow truck. Then after I hang up I try to start the car again, and bam! and of the sudden it started. So I go on my way again and I had to stop at a stop sign and guess what? The freakin Impala stalled out again and this time it won't start up again. Good thing there was a cop behind me. He helped me push the car along with some good sumeritians to the side of the road and then I waited a boring ass 2 hours for the tow truck. And that was my adventure for that day. Good thing I was getting paid the whole time. Otherwise I'd be pissed as hell. So That's why I hate American cars and would never buy one. For godsakes it was a 2000 Impala, not a freakin 1980 Cavalier.