Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 09:53 PM

Post Alarms

I've been reading this board for a time and marvel at what some you have done to your TLs. But I haven't read much about alarms. I would think that the bad guys have their eyes on the TL. What have you done to protect your investment?
Old 01-15-2001, 10:02 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

i have an Avant Guard 4...
hands down the best...
but i do remeber reading the ultimate in security on this forum, a big pit bull in the back seat...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis Metal Master Pads, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion MVA6491 (3), Valentine 1, Cliford Avant Guard 4, Monster Capacitors (2), Jacobs Accuvolt, Trunk, Underdash and Underbody Neons
No nav yet but soon!!!
Old 01-15-2001, 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Factory alarm
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-16-2001, 01:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

I had a Clifford Intelliguard 9000 installed. It has tons of features, including BlackJack anti-car jacking (if a door is opened when the car is running and closed again the car will shut down and alarm will blare if the user-selected code is not entered on the small 2-button keypad within 20 secs, or as soon as the brakes are pressed). But I also added the silent Glass Break sensor and Digital Tilt/Motion sensor (to protect from jacking up my rims). Also includes auto door lock when you reach 15 mph and auto lights on at dusk (3 darkness settings). I could go on, but I feel that my car is very well protected now.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.acura-tl.com/_borders/TL_in_Pacific_Grove.jpg" TARGET=_blank>1999 ACURA 3.2TL
</A>

Performance:
Comptech Exhausts | Comptech Springs | Versus Turismo Spada 18x7.5 | Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR18 |
Security:
Clifford IG9000 loaded with all features & SuperBrite Blue LEDs | Valentine One w/ concealed display | McGard SplineDrive wheel locks/lugs | S&W 645
Audio:
Bose Headunit...for now | Alpine ERE-G190 Sub Processor/EQ | Phoenix Gold ZX400ti & ZX475ti Amps | Alumapro BP-10 Sub | Infinity Kappa 63.1 & 52.1 speakers | Custom speaker adapters | PG 1.2 farad Cap | GSI Fused Dist Panel | PIE Line Output Converter | PG wiring & cables | R/F 100-amp circuit breaker |
Effects:
Custom painted rotors & calipers | OEM Burlwood Guage bezel | Dynamat Trunk kit | Levoc pedals | Future mods: Blue neon; Inspire tails

"The digital pimp hard at work."
TL Daddy's pics
Old 01-16-2001, 06:42 AM
Drifting

Just put a sticker in your window that says "Protected By Smith & Wesson".

Old 01-16-2001, 06:59 AM
Pro

OK where to start???
1)///ALPINE 8080 alarm(starter kill, motion, glass break, [3] sirens, etc...)
2) Factory alarm(starter kill, pin switchs, etc...)
3) Replaced front door handles with the rear ones, so no key holes(none on the whole car, remember no trunk key hole) took off the rods so slim jim is not a option!!!

------------------
tann@808-'00 TL
non-Navi(Doesn't work in Hawaii)

Factory body kit & Wing, 19" Racing Hart C-5's,
Nitto 555's, CompTech Springs, CompTech Exhaust,
CompTech Headers, Inspire Taillights,
AEM CAI, Alpine 8080, TL rear door handles in front,
5% + 30% tints,30% front windshield.

tann@pixi.com
Old 01-16-2001, 07:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Clifford IG8000 Alarm like TL Daddy it has the built in anticajacking feature.I also added digital tilt/motion sensor for wheels or if the car is raised up.
I also added self powered back up siren /pager & dataport link you can change siren tones or time of siren duration turn off sensors change valet code all by with laptop computer.
Old 01-16-2001, 09:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Originally posted by Tann@808:
OK where to start???
3) Replaced front door handles with the rear ones, so no key holes(none on the whole car, remember no trunk key hole) took off the rods so slim jim is not a option!!!
I'm just curious...since there's no key hole onyour car now, how do open the doors if the battery is dead?
Old 01-16-2001, 09:33 AM
Instructor

i have a viper pc-550 remote start windows up/down all that jazz w/ the factory alarm as well. i guess it works. in 3 days someone tried to break into m car TWICE!!! of course they couldnt get in, but caused 1,800 in damage. oh well price to pay for living in jersey!!!

------------------
00 tl silver, navi, factory kit, wing, comptech springs, exhaust,weapon R intake,18 in. enkei spider 1's, and a full system upgrade,alarm bulbs,inspire tailights yada,yada,yada,and mugen grille on the way...
Old 01-16-2001, 03:17 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
How are those aftermarket alarms hook up to the stock OEM alarm ? Which remote do you use ? Does the OEM alarm has to be disabled ?

Originally posted by malibu1:
Is the stock alarm any good? Does it have an ignition cutoff?
Old 01-16-2001, 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Edward'TLS:
How are those aftermarket alarms hook up to the stock OEM alarm ? Which remote do you use ? Does the OEM alarm has to be disabled ?

Iam not sure about every system but in my case I found out last week.
I have had my Clifford in my car for over a year now.I got the alarm put in the day after I got the car.I have not had any problems with it but last week I was cleaning the snow out of the back yard.I was going to get something out of the car & I did wan't the alarm remote in my pocket while cleaning the yard so I punched the unlock button on the remote.I then delayed for a few seconds going to the car from inside the house.I then got to the car opened the door at that time when I opened the door the autolocks reset & as I shut the door the alarm (Clifford alarm) went off. I then came back into the house & pushed the remote button.The Clifford shut off but when I went back to the car to open it the factory alarm came to life after a year.The horn honked the lights flashed I did not know what I did or how to stop it. The red LED light on the drivers door was blinking. This light has not worked since the day I got the Clifford put in also the horn does not honk when the Clifford alarm is set off.I have a siren but both alarms were going off that day.I called the installer & told him that both alarms were armed on the car& that the Red LED on the door was flashing also the Clifford LED was on that was normal.The Clifford installer told me to dfisarm the Clifford as normal with remote then put the car key in door to turn it to reset.I can say that it worked I have not seen that Red factory LED light thats on the drivers door & everything is acting like normal. I know next to nothing about the factory alarm because I only used it the first day of ownership of the car.I did know that the horn would honk & lights will flash for factory alarm.

Old 01-16-2001, 04:51 PM
Pro

Cool

That's kinda weird, cause everyone i have talked to says that the factory alarm can't be disabled, it's just built in to the car...And it is always on when the doors are locked and the trunk is closed...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis Metal Master Pads, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion MVA6491 (3), Valentine 1, Cliford Avant Guard 4, Monster Capacitors (2), Jacobs Accuvolt, Trunk, Underdash and Underbody Neons
No nav yet but soon!!!
Old 01-16-2001, 11:34 PM
Advanced

Question

Is the stock alarm any good? Does it have an ignition cutoff?
Old 05-23-2001, 01:25 PM

the digital tilt sensor has been already defeatd. someone props your vehicle with some bricks and then removes the air from your tires. the digital tilt sensor will not realize this since the car has not moved. and voila, you'll be 'shoeless'

Originally posted by TL Daddy:
I had a Clifford Intelliguard 9000 installed. It has tons of features, including BlackJack anti-car jacking (if a door is opened when the car is running and closed again the car will shut down and alarm will blare if the user-selected code is not entered on the small 2-button keypad within 20 secs, or as soon as the brakes are pressed). But I also added the silent Glass Break sensor and Digital Tilt/Motion sensor (to protect from jacking up my rims). Also includes auto door lock when you reach 15 mph and auto lights on at dusk (3 darkness settings). I could go on, but I feel that my car is very well protected now.

Old 05-23-2001, 01:48 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Tann@808:
Woa when I saw that I was like, Tanner is back! But alas.
Old 05-23-2001, 01:48 PM

Smile

I have SuperPage CS-2005FM two way alarm installed on my car with remote starter. Anyone touches the car and I know it as long as I am in the range of 3 miles from the car. The remote control shows everything that is going on with the car in the real time.

------------------
Custom Grill
PIAA series fog lights
Front lights eyebrows
Cold air intake