Alarm Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm Problem...

Okay im having a problem with my 2001 tl hoping to get some answers, today for the first time i locked my car like i normally do and i didnt hear the little beep sound as i normally do. so i thought nothing of it then i got a call from a friend stating my alarm was going off so i rush to the car and nothing was there. a nieghbor came out asking if it was my car and too move it quick because he called the cops to get it towed because the alarm kept going off. this never happened to me and it happened 3 times after that... so my question is why does my car alarm go off everytime its locked for no reason? any answers would help please and thanks you.
p.s. im new to this site and i can really use the help.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Cruisin'

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 PM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
first is it factory or aftermarket alarm?

second do you have anything wired up in the car system anything that give a false contact?

also check the battery on the remote if the alarm doesn't pick up the remote it can act up
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Your neighbor called the police for a tow truck because of your car alarm? They probably laughed at him. Tell that guy to calm the F down.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dreem1er
first is it factory or aftermarket alarm?

second do you have anything wired up in the car system anything that give a false contact?

also check the battery on the remote if the alarm doesn't pick up the remote it can act up
It is the Factory alarm, i don't have anything wired up to it yet. no system nothing. update i diconeccted the battery and put it but and it seemed to stop happening but i guess well see by the morning if its still going off or not.

Originally Posted by soria
Your neighbor called the police for a tow truck because of your car alarm? They probably laughed at him. Tell that guy to calm the F down.
Yeah it wasn't by my house at my cousins house and the funny thing is it was midday in the nosiest neighborhood lol
Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You'll need to do a search, but I've read posts where latch sensors fail. They're connected to the alarm. When you activate the alarm, their job is to monitor if anything is opened (trunk, hood, doors) which causes the alarm to go off. If a sensor is bad, the alarm will randomly go off even if nothing has been opened.

Replace the sensor(s) and problem solved.

Last edited by soria; 04-24-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Cruisin'

You'll need to do a search, but I've read posts where latch sensors fail. They're connected to the alarm. When you activate the alarm, their job is to monitor if anything is opened (trunk, hood, doors) which causes the alarm to go off. If a sensor is bad, the alarm will randomly go off even if nothing has been opened.

I searched and found no answer the car woke me up 5 am from the alarm so for the time being I disconnected the horn relay, I just got off the phone with Acura and before I finished my sentence he says it sounds like a hood latch problem and said somthing along the lines of what you just said... So my question is am I replacing the hood latch itself or a sensor in the hood latch or near it? Thanks again for the reply.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
Just replace the Hood Latch Sensor...

Its actually just a dead-switch so when your hood is closed the circuit makes full ground into the chasis then (Hood Opens) the switch depresses and ground is lost = Triggering Alarm.