Air Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:52 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Air Ride

ANY EXPERTS IN THIS AREA?
I was wondering if i buy an air bag suspension kit. (the one from tunaboy) is there any way to convert that to canovers??? and how much does average installation run for these things. sum1 please
Old 01-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Re:

It would be IMPOSSIBLE to convert that system to canovers. Canovers are a cylinder that replaces your entire spring/shock combo. It is fully height and dampening adjustable, much like that of Teins SS coilver system. The ride quality is uncomparable to anything most people have ever experienced; just ask any of the other people who have it. But, what deters most people from getting this system, is its cost. If you want to use all A grade parts, expect the total bill to run a few thousand dollars. No offense to Tunaboy, but the system he has for sale is a very generic system, that will have a few issues as opposed to other available setups. I do not believe that any of the major parts are from a big manufacturer, like Air Ride Tech, or anything else I have heard of. I may be mistaken, because he doesnt list any brand names. His setup is used, which I would advise against, because an air suspension setup is not like most parts that will last forever, as the suspension needs to be rebuilt every now and than. A good set of bulletproof valves would run you about $500-$750. Also, his setup includes only 1 compressor, which no statistics listed, such as duty cycle, fill time, etc. I have 2 compressors, that are 100% duty cycle, and if all the air is used, it could take a few minutes to fill. I couldnt imagine how long it would take with 1 compressor. If you have any questions, feel free to ask...I will try and answer as best as I can, because I was in your spot a few months ago, and I have a few forum members to thank for their help and advice. I also had a dope installer! As for installation price, it really depends on how you want to do your setup. It can be as cheap as $500, or up alot higher...