adding shock sensor to factory alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
adding shock sensor to factory alarm

i did search on addind a shock sensor and followed the insruction but it didnt work, there is more than 1 yellow/silver dot wire (if anybody know is there a different wire you can use) 03tlp sensor dei 504 thanks
Old 10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CAB NY
i did search on addind a shock sensor and followed the insruction but it didnt work, there is more than 1 yellow/silver dot wire (if anybody know is there a different wire you can use) 03tlp sensor dei 504 thanks
ok real quick, i just want you to try something. tap a wire to that line, and sit in the car, arm the alarm. wait like 30+ seconds and ground that wire some where to the body. does your alarm go off? if so you got the right one. if you still have issues, go to the fuse box, but the side that is under the steering column. (lay under the dash). there is a silver box with tons of harnesses iinto it. its right next to the parking brake. there is a harness that is located facing the firewall. its hard to get to. get creative and get that harness off. once u get that off, its very easy to find. the wire is located near the center of the harness..
Old 10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Originally Posted by JMAL
ok real quick, i just want you to try something. tap a wire to that line, and sit in the car, arm the alarm. wait like 30+ seconds and ground that wire some where to the body. does your alarm go off? if so you got the right one. if you still have issues, go to the fuse box, but the side that is under the steering column. (lay under the dash). there is a silver box with tons of harnesses iinto it. its right next to the parking brake. there is a harness that is located facing the firewall. its hard to get to. get creative and get that harness off. once u get that off, its very easy to find. the wire is located near the center of the harness..
thanks! the harness it was hard to see but once i found i got it off easy and the sensor did trigger the alarm now i just have to set it up right
Old 10-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
cool man. let me know if it all works ok. i actually got to that step and the sensor was bad. i havent gotten around to finishing it yet. i am putting one at my headlights and one in the car. let me know if it triiggers properly.
J
Old 10-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Originally Posted by JMAL
cool man. let me know if it all works ok. i actually got to that step and the sensor was bad. i havent gotten around to finishing it yet. i am putting one at my headlights and one in the car. let me know if it triiggers properly.
J
no problem and the headlights that sounds good too