Acura TL INDIGLO gauge PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nate,
I know everyone has asked this already but are we going to get the silver gauges? Thats what originally was said and I know the manufacturer colored them wrong. Thanks for all the help. You are the man!

I got mine today.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Racer

Anyone central get theirs yet? I'm in Houston, so I'm thinking I should have received them by now. Something wrong?
Peter.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Nate
Yes, we are going to get a set of silver gauges in addition to the white ones. However, we will only get one invertor.
An update to that is, we might actually get another invertor! 4IG wants to try and get the invertor changed a little. If so we'll get a new one! They are hoping for early March to be done manufacturing the silver set.

I was told they were shipped out 2nd day air. I feel really bad for those on the east coast that haven't recieved them yet... They were shipped from Cali, but still, they should've gotten there already! Well, atleast you can be sure they'll come on Monday. =Z
Old 02-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Racer

I am also on the east coast and not yet have received the guages yet. Hopefully they will be here on Monday. Also, I don't think it takes like 10 days for 2nd day air, assuming they were send out last friday.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Banned

We need those for fist gens!!
Old 02-15-2002, 04:59 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did anyone figure out where to tab the power into?
Old 02-15-2002, 05:02 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

I haven't got the gauge yet living in southern cal.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Safety Car

I only had time to snap one pic before my camera batteries died, but here she is. This is the back of the driver's side fusebox. The purple wire with the blue connector is powered when the ignition is turned on. The one kitty-corner to that with the white wire and red connector is the one that is powered when the headlights come on. In my pic I have a white wire going to it, which is for my alarm. I don't think you guys will have anythign plugged in. MAKE SURE YOU USE AN INLINE FUSE! You can see mine, its that big white thing.

I don't think it takes like 10 days for 2nd day air, assuming they were send out last friday
I believe 29 were sent out Tuesday, and the rest Wednsday. 4IG as waiting for their UPS boxes to come in and they didn't come in soon enough on Monday. They are being shipped 2nd day air.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:42 PM
The Doctor

why must use an inline fuse? where do i get it, radio shack? and now do i connect that to the red power cord of the gauge? assuming black is the ground

I only had time to snap one pic before my camera batteries died, but here she is. This is the back of the driver's side fusebox. The purple wire with the blue connector is powered when the ignition is turned on. The one kitty-corner to that with the white wire and red connector is the one that is powered when the headlights come on. In my pic I have a white wire going to it, which is for my alarm. I don't think you guys will have anythign plugged in. MAKE SURE YOU USE AN INLINE FUSE! You can see mine, its that big white thing.

I believe 29 were sent out Tuesday, and the rest Wednsday. 4IG as waiting for their UPS boxes to come in and they didn't come in soon enough on Monday. They are being shipped 2nd day air.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by songoku
I haven't got the gauge yet living in southern cal.
I have not got mine in San Diego either. I guess we can hope for sat delivery.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Racer

I'm in the east. Din't get mine yet. Personally, I think there is a serious customer relationship problem here. I know that we've trying to be understanding, in light of the fact we really want our guages. However, this is very extreme. If a company makes a mistake with the delivery of a product, based on the customer's requests, they should do their best to at least deliver the product in a timely manner and with minor inconveniences to the client. I hear of several people that reaceived theirs and had problems. I also hear of folks like myself that have yet to receive theirs. I don't want to be a hater or pesimistic, but step back for a moment and you may too have the same conclusion. These guys will never see my business again.

Big Ped
Old 02-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Intermediate

Nothing here either. There is no way they shipped them last Friday like they said. I don't think they have shipped them all yet since some people on the west coast haven't received them yet. 4IG kept blaming things on the manufacturer, but it seems to me they are just as bad when it comes to keeping promises. They said they would ship last Friday and only 3 people are accounted for a week later. Gound shipping 5 days from the anywhere in the lower 48. I don't see how 4IG stays in business, all they do is feed lies and push the balme on guys in Taiwan.:yack:

Maybe we will se them early next week.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Racer

Wahoo! I got my gauges yesterday (Thursday) and am just itching to put them in.
I want to make sure that I have the proper directions first. I think if I look at the FAQ and Nate's instructions that I might be okay, I just like to know the warnings before I do.
Why do you need an inline fuse? Is the current from that prong really that strong? What size fuse do you recommend?

I'm glad that this wait is finally coming to a close!
(of course I'll have to do it all over again when the silvers come!)
Old 02-16-2002, 06:57 AM
Safety Car

Guys, I never said 4IG was shipping them out last Friday. I said they were going out this Monday (2/11) but they ended up going out Tuesday (2/12). I believe 29 were sent out Tuesday, and the rest Wednsday. 4IG was waiting for their UPS boxes to come in and they didn't come in soon enough on Monday. They are indeed being shipped 2nd day air.

That said, you all should have still recieved them by now... I'll check and make sure they have all been sent out. Sorry!

Yeah, you can get an inline fuse at Radio Shiznack. Its just a precaution in case something terrible goes wrong with the gauges, the rest of the car will be safe. You can use as low as a 7.5 amp fuse, the gauges aren't going to draw hardly any power. You could probably go lower..?

Big Ped, I really want to find a way to fit them on the 02 TL-S for you. I know you bought 2 sets and I'd feel really bad if it doesn't work out. Not sure if you caught it before, but I've already started destroying my extra set... I tried making the hole bigger but that was a dumb idea (see he pic I posted earlier). I think if we cut a small slit that we can bend the overlay and get it over the needles... I'll give it a shot and post. Going to a wedding and some BS tomorrow (Sat) so it may have to wait until Sunday.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:08 AM
Racer

Unhappy nuthing

still nothing anyone on the east got theres?

-amit
Old 02-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Racer

Guys, I never said 4IG was shipping them out last Friday. I said they were going out this Monday (2/11) but they ended up going out Tuesday (2/12). I believe 29 were sent out Tuesday, and the rest Wednsday. 4IG was waiting for their UPS boxes to come in and they didn't come in soon enough on Monday. They are indeed being shipped 2nd day air.

Got em today! 4IG shipped them out yesterday and they got to me this morning at 12. I don't have time to say a lot, but they look sweet when just the markings are lit. Unlit, they are tight looking for white face gauges. The face lighting is wierd, kinda green, hard to explain. They are of high quality, all the markings are the same size and distance, precise. The test set 4IG sent me for the Accord had a few sloppy markings upon close inspection. Anyway, I'll post pics and more details when I get a chance.

Nate I believe you posted this last Saturday meaning the guages were shipped last Friday. I assumed when you said 4IG sent the guages out you mean all the guages for everyone. Now, I am just hoping to get them by Monday.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Racer

Big Ped, I really want to find a way to fit them on the 02 TL-S for you. I know you bought 2 sets and I'd feel really bad if it doesn't work out. Not sure if you caught it before, but I've already started destroying my extra set... I tried making the hole bigger but that was a dumb idea (see he pic I posted earlier). I think if we cut a small slit that we can bend the overlay and get it over the needles... I'll give it a shot and post. Going to a wedding and some BS tomorrow (Sat) so it may have to wait until Sunday.
That is very unfortunate. All this time waiting for my two sets. I finnaly get excited about getting them soon, and now this TLS issue.

Nate, let me know if you ever figure out a good resolution. I'm not very prevy to auto customizations. Thanx.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:46 AM
10th Gear

I think the Type S guages are nice the way they are, but that's just what I think.Looks cool though, wouldn't mind putting it on a Integra though
Old 02-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Instructor

I wonder if you guys with type S guages and indiglos could swap your typs s guages with a type P guage and then use your indigols. For instance there are propbably people out there that want the Type S guages and would pay you the $80 or $100 dollars to swap out. They you could use your indiglos.

This might be too complicated but it might be worth a try.

steve
Old 02-16-2002, 01:00 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about you guys not getting them yet.. maybe it's for the better, I finished my install last night. And I ran into some small issues that would help you guys out. This is just info on what I found while doing my install, if you find easier ways to do it or if you mess it up, I do not take responsibility.

Here are some tips I've learned while doing the install:
Time: 2.5 hrs for a beginner like me.

These are the materials/ Tools I used:

Phillips Screwdriver
Wire Cutters
Needle Nose plyers
Scissors
Very small flathead screwdriver
1 inline fuse holder ($2.50)
1 250 7.5A fuse (6A or 8A can probably be used) ($3.00 pack of 5)
fuse size = 1/4" x 1 1/4"
1 Standard size female tab connector .250 width
1 Butt connector ($2.00/pk of 10)

Assemble the gauges and wire fuses first and test your wiring before trying to take anything apart from the car.

Cut the inline fuse wire in the middle, one end goes to the positive wire from the gauges, connect together with the butt connector.

The other goes into the femal connector. Put your fuse in the holder, mine had a spring the hold the fuse in place inside the holder.

Here is how the wiring goes:
Gauge (+)---butt_conn---inlinefuse_fuse_holder----f_conn

Once you get the wiring done, connect the female conn to the back of the fuse panel (plug #3, T - Same as used for Shock Sensor - This gets power when the headlights are on.)

Gauge (-) black wire to the screw at the top of the fuse panel on the front side.

Turn on you headlights and gauges should now have power. Play with the switch, holding down the black button lights the numbers more or less.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Now that you know your wiring is correct, you can start taking out the stock gauges.

Follow Tim's instructions to take them out until you get them fully out to work on them. The dash will seem like it is stuck, but just tug on it straight towards you and it will pop out.

When taking the tabs from the gauges.

Be very careful, I broke one of mine :-(

Take all the tabs you can take off from the front and the back, you should end up with 3 peices total, the plexiglass, the gauges, and the white cover on the back.

As for the little tabs,

You can straighten these to take out your stock gauges to make it easier to work with. Once you get them straight, push the middle out with your small screwdriver until it pops out.

Once out, follow Nate's instructions on how to get them over the needles. When you get one side under the needle, you will have to slide it under the round part that the needle is on top of in order to get over the back part of the needle.
The fule/temp gauges was the hardest to do, but just be careful.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Unhappy

Now, THE HARDEST part of all, those damn two sided tape that came with it. It is clear, so you *could* if you wanted to put the whole thing on the gauge, and then put the indiglos on top. But I didn't want to obstruct the light over any of the indicators so I cut the tape to put it over only the spots where there were no indicators. It was hard because it's very sticky, so when you try and put your new gauges on top of it, it doesn't allow you to move it w/o messing up the tape. Good thing is, that if you ever wanted to go back to stock, this tape looks as if it is easy to remove later.

Now the wires coming from the gauge faces, just route them as Nate pointed out:

Once you have the wires routed, you can connect everything back up. I found the wires from the switch were pretty short, so you will have to mount the little back relay up under the gauges to be able to connect them.

Assemble everything, and enjoy your new gauges!!

I noticed that the numbers seemed out of focus due to the glow they have around them, when you had only the numbers on that is.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Safety Car

Very cool Edubb! Can you post pics of getting the ash apart? Mines already apart and it would be a real pain to put it together just to take it apart for pictures sake.

Big Ped, I'll keep you posted. It shouldn't be a very big deal, just a small incision with a razor blade.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:44 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Sorry, no Digicam.. but I just followed Tim's instructions and they worked just fine. The hard part getting the dash off was around the climate control..

Now with these new gauges, I really want to change the OD lights!! Also the light behind the gear indicator..
Old 02-16-2002, 01:53 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Good job Eric. Thanks for the instruction. I don't have my gauge yet, but that instruction will be very helpful.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:57 PM
The Doctor

i thought the slot where you tab the shock sensor in has power all the time, not just when the headlights are on. hm..

Originally posted by Edub-TL
Sorry to hear about you guys not getting them yet.. maybe it's for the better, I finished my install last night. And I ran into some small issues that would help you guys out. This is just info on what I found while doing my install, if you find easier ways to do it or if you mess it up, I do not take responsibility.

Here are some tips I've learned while doing the install:
Time: 2.5 hrs for a beginner like me.

These are the materials/ Tools I used:

Phillips Screwdriver
Wire Cutters
Needle Nose plyers
Scissors
Very small flathead screwdriver
1 inline fuse holder ($2.50)
1 250 7.5A fuse (6A or 8A can probably be used) ($3.00 pack of 5)
fuse size = 1/4" x 1 1/4"
1 Standard size female tab connector .250 width
1 Butt connector ($2.00/pk of 10)

Assemble the gauges and wire fuses first and test your wiring before trying to take anything apart from the car.

Cut the inline fuse wire in the middle, one end goes to the positive wire from the gauges, connect together with the butt connector.

The other goes into the femal connector. Put your fuse in the holder, mine had a spring the hold the fuse in place inside the holder.

Here is how the wiring goes:
Gauge (+)---butt_conn---inlinefuse_fuse_holder----f_conn

Once you get the wiring done, connect the female conn to the back of the fuse panel (plug #3, T - Same as used for Shock Sensor - This gets power when the headlights are on.)

Gauge (-) black wire to the screw at the top of the fuse panel on the front side.

Turn on you headlights and gauges should now have power. Play with the switch, holding down the black button lights the numbers more or less.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Racer

damn i really like the white gauges, but i don't how to isntall it. anyone in the bay area who can help me out. I will really apreciated. If i ever get the silver one i will give you that and the money for your hard work. Please email me back and let me know who can help me. thanhpham74@yahoo.com. I really apreciated for anyone who ever help me out.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:04 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Originally posted by calvinpham74
damn i really like the white gauges, but i don't how to isntall it. anyone in the bay area who can help me out. I will really apreciated. If i ever get the silver one i will give you that and the money for your hard work. Please email me back and let me know who can help me. thanhpham74@yahoo.com. I really apreciated for anyone who ever help me out.
I'd do it for your if you weren't that far away...
Old 02-17-2002, 01:34 AM
The Doctor

just tested my wiring and stuff and everything worked fine! the indiglo are very bright when you are in the "bright green" mode. But it's not as bright when you switch to the blue mode. When the letters lit up to their brightest it's kinda fuzzy, so don't turn the light all the way up for the letters.

I will wait until i receive my silver and decide which one to install. it should be easy cuz i have taken apart my dash before.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Nate,
If you talk to 4IG tell them that I in San Diego hav not gotten my guages. From the bay area to SD ought to be a day or two.

thanks.

PS it does not seem like half of us have gotten our guages.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Racer

Very cool Edubb! Can you post pics of getting the ash apart? Mines already apart and it would be a real pain to put it together just to take it apart for pictures sake.

Big Ped, I'll keep you posted. It shouldn't be a very big deal, just a small incision with a razor blade.
Cool, thanx Nate
Old 02-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Instructor

i'm still waiting here in houston. but my real wait is on the silver face gauges. so i guess i still have at least another month.
if i'm lucky.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:09 PM
Instructor

I live in CT.......
did not receive yet !!
Old 02-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Instructor

If they did ship it by UPS ground, it'll be WEEKS before I get mine since I'm in Hawaii!

Nate, can you get tracking information? I know you only know me by my on-line handle... if you need my name, PM me...

Thanks!

Just Me
Old 02-17-2002, 10:57 PM
The Doctor

got a quick question. will the indiglo stay without the double sided tape?
Old 02-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

UW,
Yeah it would probably stay..

since the outer part of the gauge is held in by the black cover..

however, you might have problems with the needle spinning properly, which is probably unlikely as well..

When(if) I do the silver gauges, I'm not going to use the tape and see if it make a diff..

Maybe all you need is just a little bit right around the center of the needle so the round part the needle is mounted on does not get stuck..

That tape is a pain in the ass!!
Old 02-17-2002, 11:48 PM
The Doctor

thanks man. i might install mine tomorrow morning.

Originally posted by Edub-TL
UW,
Yeah it would probably stay..

since the outer part of the gauge is held in by the black cover..

however, you might have problems with the needle spinning properly, which is probably unlikely as well..

When(if) I do the silver gauges, I'm not going to use the tape and see if it make a diff..

Maybe all you need is just a little bit right around the center of the needle so the round part the needle is mounted on does not get stuck..

That tape is a pain in the ass!!
Old 02-18-2002, 01:04 AM
Instructor

I still don't have my gauges
Hope they come soon, i live in NJ.

Jessie888
Old 02-18-2002, 02:08 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

anybody got a pic of the finished product in their ride??? Please post!!! Danke
Old 02-18-2002, 08:47 AM
Instructor

why is the tape such a problem?

Quick Reply: Acura TL INDIGLO gauge PICS!