Acura TL Alarm System?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Acura TL Alarm System?

I have 2003 Acura TLS, keep it in garage in apartment complex. Last month somebody got inside my car and stole things 2 times! No damage to the car exept the broken little light sensor on the passenger door. How they do it? I thought that my car has panic alarm that supposed to work when somebody tries to open the door. Is it worth to install some third-party alarm system?
Old 05-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Banned

You defenitely should get an aftermarket alarm put in the car. But even doing that, if the theif wanted to steal, they will always find a way. All we can do is make it harder for them.

I myself am getting the Clifford Matrix LCD Alarm put in, very shortly.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:37 PM
5th Gear

How is it possible to open the damn car w/o any damage to it? Do they intersept the radio signal from my remote-key?
Old 05-01-2004, 12:40 PM
5th Gear

Will putting custom alarm system in my car void the factory warranty on electrical system?
Old 05-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by archy555
Will putting custom alarm system in my car void the factory warranty on electrical system?

Absolutely not.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Arch555,
First off, that sucks to hear that you've been victimized twice by some scum-sucking low-life thief. Second, are you talking about a single-car apartment garage? Are you saying that the thief is opening your garage and breaking into your car? Third, what area of Cali are you in? Folks can help ya better when they know which city or county you're in.

Just my two cents,

V.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:19 PM
5th Gear

I live in San Francisco and it's not single car garage - it's huge garage area (300-400 spots) on the ground level of apartment building. You need a magnetic card to get inside actually. I heard complains about cars being broken in from many other tenants, this is good neighborhood so I think it's somebody who lives in this apartment complex doing it.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a scary that people can get into our cars without leaving so much as a scuff or scratch... I wonder how they're doing it too? Jimmy the door lock? Did you check the rubber seal on all your windows to see if there are some marks where someone could have stuck something down in the door to pull the lock? The car's factory alarm should go off, if the person is jimmying the lock, when the factory alarm has been set. I would think the system would treat a door opening, in this situation, just like as if you left a window open, someone reaches in and pulls your lock up, then opens the door. An aftermarket alarm may work, but if the factory alarm (horn) is going off and this person is still stealing from your car, then another alarm making noise may not deter them much. I'd bitch to the leasing office (or building owner) and see if I couldn't get them to install cameras in the garage. If this is affecting multiple people in your building, then it's nothing but bad PR for the owners of the building to just sit there and not do anything about it. Just my two cents....
Old 05-01-2004, 07:48 PM
5th Gear

I heard about "master key" that can open any door lock for a particular model. They probably just used it. After they opened it first time they quikly broke the passenger door sensor which sets the alarm and that's it. It takes them 1 sec I guess. I'm thinking about installing movement-sensing alarm system. I visited Good Guys today, they have Clifford Concept 550 system for $449, installation included.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Instructor

I just had a new alarm system with Remote starter installed today. Just for a little peace of mind. We all know that if a thief wants the car, they will find a way. Usually they will target a car that is easy. Hopefully an additional alarm will make them look elsewhere.