Acura Survey - do they care?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Survey - do they care?

Just received one of those product quality survey in the mail.. Any use filling it out? Can I complain about things like the wind noise and other stuff and expect them to listen or is it just a waste of time?

Thanks,

-Tom
Old 04-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Having Fun?

When I purchased my car the salesman told me that if I scored him less than perfect in all columns he would fail or something like that.

Also, when I made a big fuss about getting my mud flap damage fixed they made special note about that survey. The under the table agreement was that if I scored my service team leader very well he would cover my 15k service fee for me.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I think you're talking about the dealership survey, Copland. I received one of these two months ago. The salesman had given me a similar "warning" about the survey: "It would behoove you to score us well", because if the dealership receives too many negative surveys it loses certain perks and the customers lose (remainder paraphrased). Actually, I was more or less satisfied about the sales process, but this sort of thing definitely turns me off and makes me less likely to write complementary replies...

I haven't received a product quality survey yet.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Having Fun?

neuronbob:
I think ur right, my bad :o
Old 04-02-2002, 10:20 PM
Drifting

Traditionally Honda performs random customer surveys, which are then sent straight to Honda's HQ. Although dealerships are always very antsy about getting good marks, I don't know exactly how Honda punishes or rewards particular dealerships.

I always score them as I see them. No EXCELLENT marks from me unless they gave me nothing to complain about.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:21 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Those "surveys" are such a sham. They are what qualifies the dealerships for those "awards" you see in the lobby, that the salesman always points out.

I purchased cars where the dealer has 1) had me bring in the form to "fill out with him" to get a free future service or oil change, 2) Inform me that if I could not give them a perfect score to come to the dealership and talk to the owner, 3) get free floor mats (that were already free!!) or a discount on accessories, and a few other things. They fear this survey.

I think the Nissan dealers that I have purchased from were the most annoying at this.

Of course, this is the "after purchase" survey..... Did the dealership show you how to use the radio? [ ]

:-jon
Old 04-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down 4 acuras, 1 survey!

they don't give a sh**! i have gotten 1 survey from 4 acura vehicle purchases since 1988, (after my first acura), and have never once received a survey to ask how my service was when i have brought my car into the dealer (more than one) for service!? my car has been to the dealer 5 times this year alone and it was nothing negative! honda/acura corporate, they don't want to know... they probably have found the negative responses outweigh the positives by 10 to 1! especially with the current tranny issue! kman