Acura sells value

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Acura sells value

It is kinda interesting to me how everyone compares everything to everything else. I think no one can give a very good argue about the value in an Acura. I think some people refer to it as "Bang For You Buck".
Does it not all boil down to the $31K + or - you will spend and what you get for your hard earned money. A hell of a really nice car. I think Honda/Acura is giving you just about all they can for the $31K. Its not as fast as the M3 or the GS400 or even some of those fancy Audis. Maybe in a year or so some of the slower cars like some of the Infiniti's, Lexus's or the like will have a faster car. I still don't think even than you will not be able to beat the Honda/Acura value. In my opinion is the best package all around. Although it may have some small problems that you can talk about, the good out weighs the bad 10 to 1.
I looked at cars for 6 months and did not get very excited about any of the cars out there until I started to look very hard at the TLS.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

I agree...

I have not bought the TL-s yet but one reason I will is the fact of the value. I would love a GS430 but would need a loan but I can buy the TL-s without one. The TL-s is a good step up from my Accord. Yes cars are faster for less money and there are cars faster and more comfortable for more but the TL-s combines a good combination of everything for only 31K.

VG
Old 07-19-2001, 08:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Ditto. I was looking at both the ES and the TL before. A lot of standard features on the TL are optional on the ES. Adding those optional features easily pump the ES into the $35K range.
Old 07-19-2001, 08:05 PM
Racer

I agree too...

The very reason I bought my Accord EX V6 is because of value. It had standard features (6-disc changer, moonroof, leather) that were optional on the other cars I looked at (Maxima, Camry, Passat) and ended up being $3-4k cheaper than those.

The next time around I'll probably get a TL-S for the same reasons - excellent value.
Old 07-19-2001, 08:29 PM
Racer

Some people can argue that Lexus's are better built cars, and they are .... but there is no comparison in the driving "feel" of the ES 300 vs. the TLS. The ES 300's handling is UNINSPIRING. Too bland, too boring. It just didn't do it for me. Which is why I traded mine in.
Old 07-19-2001, 08:32 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Acura sells value

Originally posted by Las Vegas TLS
It is kinda interesting to me how everyone compares everything to everything else. I think no one can give a very good argue about the value in an Acura. I think some people refer to it as "Bang For You Buck".
Does it not all boil down to the $31K + or - you will spend and what you get for your hard earned money. A hell of a really nice car. I think Honda/Acura is giving you just about all they can for the $31K. Its not as fast as the M3 or the GS400 or even some of those fancy Audis. Maybe in a year or so some of the slower cars like some of the Infiniti's, Lexus's or the like will have a faster car. I still don't think even than you will not be able to beat the Honda/Acura value. In my opinion is the best package all around. Although it may have some small problems that you can talk about, the good out weighs the bad 10 to 1.
I looked at cars for 6 months and did not get very excited about any of the cars out there until I started to look very hard at the TLS.
Well written!
Old 07-19-2001, 08:48 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I have loved the TL since they came out in 1999, (didnt like previous gen), but had already purchased my 1998 Accord. Anyway, I washed my TL tonight and this thing seems much bigger to wash than my Accord. Boy does it look good and drive nice. I know I made the right choice and I love my Hondas/ Acuras.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by 1000bpm
Some people can argue that Lexus's are better built cars, and they are .... but there is no comparison in the driving "feel" of the ES 300 vs. the TLS. The ES 300's handling is UNINSPIRING. Too bland, too boring. It just didn't do it for me. Which is why I traded mine in.
My dealer said it perfect and Carfreak who owns a 1999 ES300 in addition to his 2002 TL-S agrees. Ones a passengers car and ones a drivers car. I wanted the drivers car.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:25 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by BLEXV6
I have loved the TL since they came out in 1999, (didnt like previous gen), but had already purchased my 1998 Accord. Anyway, I washed my TL tonight and this thing seems much bigger to wash than my Accord. Boy does it look good and drive nice. I know I made the right choice and I love my Hondas/ Acuras.
Yeah! I bought my TLS about 1.5 months ago. Like you, I was smitten my the TL ever since it came out, but I have just bought a 1997 Accord LXV6 (a sweet car also). I went for a test drive in 2000 for a 2001 model, and had to bite my tongue to stop myself from buying it. Am I ever glad I did--I got the TLS instead!
Old 07-20-2001, 12:06 AM
Racer

I agree...Honda/Acura gives you a good all around value package. I was looking into a BMW 325 at first. But with all the options added up I didn't think it was worth it.