Acura and Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura and Infinity

I own the 03TLS w/ Nav and my friend who hates Hondas, has been pretty expressive with his hatred. Usually I tolerate his crap, but today didnt have it, so I let it out. I mean he owns the G35 coupe (automatic) and was telling me that his car would rape my TLS and how my TLS is just an Accord and isn't worth being called a luxary car at all. Now, all this might be true, but just saying statements like that isn't right I told him how the new 04TL interior was nice and that intially there will be a demand for them and they will sell for above MSRP and he says " Ne one is dumb for f'n spending more than MSRP for an Acura even Invoice is too much!" He said that car should be in the same class as a Maxima if its lucky.

Right there and then I let him have it, I told him if you wanna talk about being overpriced, Infiniti is the master of it, I mean poor crafstmanship, unreliable, and in my opinon half their cars with the exception of the Q 45 can not be compared to Mercedes and Lexus Standards. They are just overpriced metal and to top it off, I told him that the TLS isn't compared to the Maxima, eventhough it could be, its class is the I35 which they wont make ne more. And we all saw the video of what a 99 TL-P for that matter did to an 01 I35!! And if the TL is an upgraded Accord we all know that the I35 is an upgraded u know what!

I mean, I always felt that Infiniti isnt the greatest of cars, but people like this who just wanna put down an Acura just piss me off, I mean its not my fault that I decided to be smart and get a car that was more bang for the buck. Sure I could've just spend like and extra 4k for the G35 sedan which I think is fugly, but I could've gotten the G35 coupe.

And to top it off he told me that the NSX is just a joke. Told me that its just a crappy 6 cylinder Honda VTEC engine. I told him to relax right there and told him that, an S200 4 Cylinder VTEC engine will rape his ass in the G35 coupe and keep up nicely with a Corvette. So Honda engines aren't somethign to be joked about, if you wanna complain Nissan puts the same dam engines in all their cars, and what kind of car does Infiniti have that compares with the NSX!!

Why people gotta be hating. Sorry for the frustration. Had to let it out, I knew if ne one, it would be you guys that would understand.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:17 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

that's good man. dont let him take over, and stand your ground!

btw, a G35 coupe auto aint really fast.. get headers and rape his a$$. but i gotta give props to infiniti for the fiability. my dad had one (infiniti I30) and never had a single problem in 3 years (then he sold it). not even one ****in' problem. it was great for that...

oh and about a s2k keeping up with a vette, im not too sure :p but it wouldnt be very far behind tho..

@cUr@-TL
Old 10-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Happy with my STi!

I would say that the G35 either coupe or sedan is definately faster than our TL Type-S (both stock) from 0 to 60 from stats I have seen in magazines. I think Infinitis are nice cars although overpriced like Lexus and Acura as a matter of fact. And hell yeah, an S2000 would so kick his ass... the bottom line is that if he thinks that Acuras are just Hondas, then Infinitis are just Nissans... and yup, the VTEC is nothing to make fun of...
Old 10-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Banned

thsiao are you saying that Acuras are overpriced??? I dont see why you would say that cuz its the best bang for the buck in my opinion which is why I even bought this car.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
LOL. Has this clown actually looked at the interior of his own car?? How could he consider that luxury, and then put down the TL?? The 5 yr old Tl matches up well with the g35 feature for feature. Now toss in the brand new 04 TL, and they've jumped ahead again.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Banned

Hahah.. Good Point!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:wow: That guy is indeed a clown. It's not simply a Honda, you get luxury service as well. I used to own a '01 Accord EX-V6 and my new '03 TLS is far nicer. Yes I notice similarities but there is a clear distinction not to mention the horsepower

Corvette Convertables are slow relative to the others (coupe and of course Z06). S2000 handles like it's on rails. Buddy of mine took one in his previous '01 Mustang GT. The idiot driving the vert vette took a turn and drove off shameful. The verts are heavier and the auto tranny isn't that responsive.

If the guy is complaining about engines why don't you ask him to watch the Honda in Formula1 racing, if he knows what that is. Honda makes some EVIL engines. They are never to be sold short like that joker is attempting to do.

G35 is nice, haven't really checked it out up close, but the @$$ looks ugly to me.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

test -- sorry was testing sig I found out it wasn't checked as default... Please pardon this post
Old 10-07-2003, 11:49 PM
O.G.

First of all, I've seen nicer interiors in a kia (maybe I'm exaggerating a little but you get my point). Talk about cost-cutting, their interior is a joke.:yack: Just take a look at the whole nissan/infiniti line-up. The only good thing about them is their engine. Too bad they can't make a decent interior if their lives depend on it.

BTW, an auto g35 and a TL-S is pretty much a driver's race since they are so close performance wise. Oh and the interior of the 04 TL is leap year ahead of infiniti.

Don't sweat it bro, when someone talks $hit about something, it usually means that they are jealous or envious. So the next time he talks $hit, just laugh in his face.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Banned

Ur right, I didnt like his Interior at all, I just thought it was too cheap looking and Im not that big of a fan of the Amber Interior, how all the guages are like Amber. I dunno... Infiniti is not my style, but people like this make me hate Infiniti when i shouldn't be mad at them.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:00 AM
O.G.

Originally posted by NYDesi80
Ur right, I didnt like his Interior at all, I just thought it was too cheap looking and Im not that big of a fan of the Amber Interior, how all the guages are like Amber. I dunno... Infiniti is not my style, but people like this make me hate Infiniti when i shouldn't be mad at them.
Don't hate the brand cause of one loser. Hate the brand cause they can't design a decent interior.

Seriously, every car makers will have their share of a$$holes that make the whole brand look bad.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
F*ck the Infiniti! Okay, I'll leave it at that...Not trying to be a hater, just joining the bandwagon here. hahaha personally, I had an 99' Accord Coupe EXv6 and it doesn't compare to the TL-S in the interior, in some ways it is the same but the TL has far better leather, stereo, etc...I'll take the TL-S over the G35 anyday. Just my two cents.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Burning Brakes

There was a TV show I saw last week I think was Tuner TV at Spike. It had twins as hosts and talks about modded cars especially imports. The episode was about a Nissan team vs a Honda team racing on a circuit. Honda had just modded Integras and Civics and did not have any V6 cars. Nissan had Sentras and 240SXs and some of them had turbos with 300+ horses and Nismo gear. The Nissan team leader talked how they were gonna "kick some Honda ass and prove that VTEC crap is no match for Nissan refined power".

After the race, needless to say, Honda team won and the same Nissan team leader conceded that VTECs were impressive and that his team got beat by "superior double wishbone engineered suspensions." His 300+ horse turbos were all over the place.

Nissan my a**, let the poor sap drool over his overpriced Altima and know that beneath his statements, he was indeed a closet Honda fan but too proud to admit it.

I'm not a Psych major but I heard that most people verbalize their insecurities, this sounds like a good specimen.

"possessing great power comes even greater restraint and responsibilty."

Vicman

03 TL Type-S SSM
K&N
Old 10-08-2003, 09:14 AM
Drifting

hey, tell him you at least did not buy the "CHEAPEST" model?!?!? why not an I, M or Q??? though i do like the M and FX... he's probably jealous you got more for what he paid!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Well said vicman17! There are people who run down others' cars all day long and then the crap hits the fan and it gets all over their face
Old 10-08-2003, 09:52 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Has nissan even made an all motor six that can take an NSX. Please, the 350z and most other sports cars have trouble with the 4 bangin s2000 on the track. Sh it, drop a supercharger or turbo in the S and not only will it rape em' in the twisties, but it will kill em in the straights.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Banned

Its just not necessary to bad mouth and put down other peoples rides like that. Jealous maybe?
Old 10-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Drifting

Re: Acura and Infinity

I own the 03TLS w/ Nav and my friend who hates Hondas, has been pretty expressive with his hatred. Usually I tolerate his crap, but today didnt have it, so I let it out. I mean he owns the G35 coupe (automatic) and was telling me that his car would rape my TLS and how my TLS is just an Accord and isn't worth being called a luxary car at all. Now, all this might be true, but just saying statements like that isn't right I told him how the new 04TL interior was nice and that intially there will be a demand for them and they will sell for above MSRP and he says " Ne one is dumb for f'n spending more than MSRP for an Acura even Invoice is too much!" He said that car should be in the same class as a Maxima if its lucky.

Right there and then I let him have it, I told him if you wanna talk about being overpriced, Infiniti is the master of it, I mean poor crafstmanship, unreliable, and in my opinon half their cars with the exception of the Q 45 can not be compared to Mercedes and Lexus Standards. They are just overpriced metal and to top it off, I told him that the TLS isn't compared to the Maxima, eventhough it could be, its class is the I35 which they wont make ne more. And we all saw the video of what a 99 TL-P for that matter did to an 01 I35!! And if the TL is an upgraded Accord we all know that the I35 is an upgraded u know what!

I mean, I always felt that Infiniti isnt the greatest of cars, but people like this who just wanna put down an Acura just piss me off, I mean its not my fault that I decided to be smart and get a car that was more bang for the buck. Sure I could've just spend like and extra 4k for the G35 sedan which I think is fugly, but I could've gotten the G35 coupe.

And to top it off he told me that the NSX is just a joke. Told me that its just a crappy 6 cylinder Honda VTEC engine. I told him to relax right there and told him that, an S200 4 Cylinder VTEC engine will rape his ass in the G35 coupe and keep up nicely with a Corvette. So Honda engines aren't somethign to be joked about, if you wanna complain Nissan puts the same dam engines in all their cars, and what kind of car does Infiniti have that compares with the NSX!!

Why people gotta be hating. Sorry for the frustration. Had to let it out, I knew if ne one, it would be you guys that would understand.
Ask that idiot why in the world he would get a G35 in an automatic first of all. Better yet, let me talk to him!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Talking other side

Well you guys really need to drive a G and compare it to the TL-S, this past sunday I just picked up my second Nissan product this year (350z in Feb 03). I got myself into a 04 G35 Coupe with navi and all I have to say, you cant compare the 2 cars the G is so much fun to drive, even in stock form. Everything from the nice growl of the engine, great seats, nice stock radio, and the fun of RWD. This features cant be compared to what the TL-S is now or what the 04 will offer. Dont get me wrong I loved my TL but I have had more fun & complements in 3 days with my infiniti than I have ever had in 2 years with my TL-S 19's and all. Just my opinion.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Banned

nicely done
so dat b!tch what that TL can do.

i only like the FX45 with the 20's and the Q45, rest is overpriced nissans.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Burning Brakes

RWD is great but I didn't buy my car for that obviously It isn't enough to notice during daily driving. Now on the AutoX the difference is significant. Since I don't AutoX anymore it makes no difference either way.

I'd RWD helps tremendously with the weight distribution. My Z06 had the freaking tranny in the rear lol Glad I didn't have tranny problems.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Racer

I rode in my friend's brand new G35 Coupe a few months back. It had plenty of power, but I was really surprised how poor the interior was... especially considering the gorgeous Q45 interior (sigh, if I had a Q45 I'd never get out of it). It just looked cheap.

But people say that about our TL's, so I guess it's subjective.

Oh and the navi SUCKED.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Banned

Re: Acura and Infinity

i have seen tl-s owners say same thing about nissans/ infiniti's.
where is the thread about tl-s raping M5, or other Bmw's M series cars. what about the total destruction of AMG 55? lol at those threads(search 4 yourself).

g35=$27,950 - $30,100
acura tl=$28,980 - $33,480
g35 coupe=$29,250 - $32,450

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/detai.../make/infiniti