Acura Dealerships in the LA area

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
NBP and lovin it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Dealerships in the LA area

I was wondering what acura dealerships everyone in the Glendale/pasadena/sherman oaks/alhambra etc. goes to and which one you think is the best. I need to have my tranny looked at and probably replaced because its shifting hard/getting stuck etc etc. and also get my service checkup and a lotta other stuff. Also which ones give acura loaners not lame neon rental cars.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:58 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Acura of Pasadena has the loaner car option, but I believe you need to call about a week in advance to book the apointment in order to get a loaner car. Usually they give u a TSX to drive. Service-wise, they are pretty good I guess.

Also I think there is an Acura dealer in Alhambra but I'm not sure about their service and loaner car option.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Racer

pasadena = horrible
Old 11-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Intermediate

I got my tranny (12,400 miles) from Sierra in Alhambra. service was okay and gave me a loaner 2001 integra, took it back due to strange odor, got 2003 rsx.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Instructor

I have always had good luck with Downey Acura. It is a bit farther down the 710 freeway than Alhambra, but much better to deal with.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 PM
i

Originally Posted by vipvop
pasadena = horrible
How so? I always go to them. Never have any problems.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Valencia and they give you either TSX, 04TL, 03TL
Old 11-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i HATE sierra in alhambra based on what they tried to pull on me while having my tranny replaced.

pasadena is ok. i bought my car there and did the first oil change there.

i like thomas in covina. basically went there till the day i sold my car.

as for loaners, i think they all give them to you provided you call early enough to reserve one. i got a rental (accord) when the tranny was replaced due to short notice. i got a loaner (rsx) from thomas when they replaced the heater element.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Advanced

I go to Keyes in Van Nuys. No problems there for me. Always had good visits. I believe they give loaners if you bought the car there, if not you get Enterprise.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 PM
NBP and lovin it

well i guess ill check out sierra acura, stan man what kinda shit did they pull on your tranny issue?. Since im doing my tranny also id like to know.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Racer

Just dont go to thomas acura in west covina. If you do go however, only ask for Ryan, the rest of the service reps are horrible.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 1fasttl
Valencia and they give you either TSX, 04TL, 03TL

Valencia has great service and are mod friendly. Ask for Robin, very cool guy.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darkfox12
well i guess ill check out sierra acura, stan man what kinda shit did they pull on your tranny issue?. Since im doing my tranny also id like to know.
my tranny died around last christmas and just before it died that night i had called a couple of dealerships to have it checked out the next day. pasadena was packed so they couldn't take me, but sierra would. i have a lowered car and sometimes the subframe gets damaged/scraped by driveways, speed bumps, fast driving, etc. anyways, they said they could not replace my tranny if i did not replace the "damaged" subframe...cost is $400...PERIOD! i finally got them to say that if i signed a waiver then they would not be liable if they reinstalled the original piece, because the part was damaged before they received the car (thought about it later and it would have been a bad move). anyways, i go in to see what's up and the damage only amounted to a slightly dented and scraped stamped opening where you could not get a socket into the opening to access a bolt; plus everything was already disassembled and on the ground . if the damaged part was so critical, requiring me to replace it or the tranny could not be replaced, why did they cut into the dented opening to enlarge it without first getting my approval???????????? long story short, i got a new subframe for free, i got my tranny replaced, i did not have to sign a waiver, and i ripped them HARD when one of their reps called to survey my visit!

best of luck on your replacement.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by moahdriven
How so? I always go to them. Never have any problems.
Re: pasadena dealer

First problem was warped rotors, before I knew about the TSB. They charge $500 to fix the problem, but don't replace the pads (which cause the warping). 5,000 miles later my brakes are warped again, I tell them that it must be their fault and they claim that's normal, and want to charge me to fix it. I tell them to fuck off and get aftermarket brakes (I later found out about the TSB).

My head unit wouldn't play burned cds, since other people online had luck with getting the dealer to put a 2001 head unit in their car I brought the car to acura of pasadena, they say the HU is supposed to work that way (I think they mean not work).

My side mirror gets busted from some car clipping it when it was parked on the street. I bring it to the dealer and they charge a lot to fix it, shortly after I realize the whole assembly is loose and a constant source of rattles.

Brought my car in because my nav screen stopped working, their fix lasted for a couple thousand miles and then it broke again.

They also couldn't fix the armrest latch correctly either.

So basically, the only good experiences I've had with them have been just for the scheduled maintenance, and I wouldn't even know if they did the things they billed me for.

however they are the closest dealer so I keep on going back there, Im trying to avoid it now though.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:40 AM
i

Originally Posted by vipvop
Re: pasadena dealer

First problem was warped rotors, before I knew about the TSB. They charge $500 to fix the problem, but don't replace the pads (which cause the warping). 5,000 miles later my brakes are warped again, I tell them that it must be their fault and they claim that's normal, and want to charge me to fix it. I tell them to fuck off and get aftermarket brakes (I later found out about the TSB).

My head unit wouldn't play burned cds, since other people online had luck with getting the dealer to put a 2001 head unit in their car I brought the car to acura of pasadena, they say the HU is supposed to work that way (I think they mean not work).

My side mirror gets busted from some car clipping it when it was parked on the street. I bring it to the dealer and they charge a lot to fix it, shortly after I realize the whole assembly is loose and a constant source of rattles.

Brought my car in because my nav screen stopped working, their fix lasted for a couple thousand miles and then it broke again.

They also couldn't fix the armrest latch correctly either.

So basically, the only good experiences I've had with them have been just for the scheduled maintenance, and I wouldn't even know if they did the things they billed me for.

however they are the closest dealer so I keep on going back there, Im trying to avoid it now though.
wow, jus some horrible luck i guess. Every time i call i ask to speak to Tony, i trust him. As for issues with my car, they always send it to Holmes, which does a good job.

Your in LC? would u happen to have a black TL or a silver one on starlight crest?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
NBP and lovin it

no the silver TL guy on starlight crest is illusions, but yea viavop, I havnt seen you around, what car do you have?
Old 11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Racer

I was wondering who had that silver tl on starlight crest (I used to always see it driving around). I have a black 99 with tint (but no tint on the front windows right now cause of a fix it ticket). Dropped on comptech springs, and my oem wheels look messed up because I got the car used and the original owner apparently never thought of washing them (they're chipped from the brake dust eating away at the metal). Also debadged except for the A. I hate foothill so Im usually only on the backroads. I drive around a lot (especially chevy chase and all those fun roads to drive) but I'm mostly in westwood these days...
Old 11-17-2004, 08:51 PM
i

cool, not sure i've seen ur car at all...Theres another black '99, but it has oem kit, rims, exhaust...i go on chevy chase alot, gf lives up that road. look for me an darkfox, red '03 on H&R's with rims and tint and black '02 type-s w/ oem kit and H&R's
Old 11-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by moahdriven
cool, not sure i've seen ur car at all...Theres another black '99, but it has oem kit, rims, exhaust...i go on chevy chase alot, gf lives up that road. look for me an darkfox, red '03 on H&R's with rims and tint and black '02 type-s w/ oem kit and H&R's
Hey, I think I might have actually seen the black 02 type s around - I know I passed one on vista del villa a long time ago - I think it was pulling into a driveway there (I remember it cause I was looking at the TL since it was dropped and looked nice but my gf thought it was someone we knew and waved).
Old 11-18-2004, 12:33 AM
NBP and lovin it

Well theres a grip of TL's in our city lol. Moahdriven the 99black TL guy your talkin about is pablo, he's part of the forum also. If you see my black 02-S, i debadge the 3.2TL from the back so its just the typeS badge. I also have tints and now an apexi exhaust. So it should be pretty easy to spot me now . Im also getting rims in a week or two. Yea and youll see moahdrivens car easy, its slow as shit haha jk
Old 11-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Racer

haha did you have the 3.2 TL debadged a long time ago (maybe 6 months or a year)? I remember seeing a car on angeles crest that only had the type S, I had been trying to convince my gf to debadge her gs 430 so it only said "43" (thought it'd be funny since it's debadged but letting everyone know its not a 300), then we saw the type S that only had an S on it, funny shit.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:47 AM
NBP and lovin it

ive had the 3.2tl off for about 3-5 months.