Acura dealers in Mass.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 08:29 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acura dealers in Mass.

Hello Folks,

Great site here!!! I am interested in checking out the TL-S in the Boston area. Are there any dealer recommendations out there? Any significant difference in local dealers for sales or service?
I am located pretty close to Acura of Boston but willing to travel within the state.

I hope to join you all soon with a new TL-S.

Thanks in advance or any help.

TD
Old 06-18-2001, 08:20 AM

I bought mine in Peabody. They were $30,000 for Silver TLS no navi.I checked Boston, Framingham, Auburn and Sunnyside and no one would come below 31K. Bought my first Acura from Framingham (1989) and my second from Sunnyside (1998). Boston tried to screw me twice so I will never buy a car there.

I called Peabody, offered 30K, picked up the car 2 days later. NO HASSLES at all! Easiest car I ever bought.

I would have a price in mind and call around to see who wants the business the most on that particular day.

Good luck, it is a great car!
Old 06-18-2001, 09:13 AM
Pro

Don't bother with Auburn.
Old 06-18-2001, 09:15 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I bought mine from Acura of Boston. The whole process took 15 min and I got $31,200 with NAV, mud guards, moonroof visor, wheel locks and all season flor mattes. I would recommend Sam Eilleen, he was very easy to work with. Also, I have dealt with Framingham and Auburn, they suck. Auburn will only sell at sticker and Framingham won't budge either. I believe Oracion got his through Acura of Boston as well, ask him about his experience.

------------------
Those who know, don't talk.
Old 06-18-2001, 09:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Yes, the Auburn dealer sucks. I went there about 15 minutes before closing, and as I was about to enter, a salesman came up and locked the glass door in my face, then turned around and walked away! Talk about not wanting your business...

------------------
Why doesn't everybody make cars as well as Acura?
Old 06-18-2001, 10:28 AM
Advanced

Cool

Got mine at Clair in E. Walpole. No pressure, no games (except for the usual "I have to run this by my sales mgr.")
$29,800 (no nav) with mudguards and 4 free oil changes. Minor hassle at delivery with car not ready when promised---had to wait an hour or so, but they gave me a $20 gift certificate for lunch at the restaurant next door to make up for it.
Ask for Andy Clair.

------------------
2002 TL-S Black/Parch
Old 06-18-2001, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb

Boston:
I bought mine from Boston. There was no pressure to make a deposit or buy from the sales guy (Warren Wong) at any time.

Clair:
The negotiation was going fine and I had a number agreed, but the sales manager (Doug) was pressuring me to make a deposit right away. I basically told the sales guy that his manager just killed his deal.

Peabody:
Would negotiate. But their best offer was at least 1K more than Boston or Clair.

Herb-Connolly:
Wouldn't negoitiate.

Auburn:
WORST experience!!! They wouldn't even negotiate. DON'T EVER BUY THERE!

Good luck.

------------------
2002 Satin Silver TL-S Nav
Old 06-18-2001, 12:37 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by oracion:
Have you received anything yet for the referral?

Nope, I will check with them again. Thanks.

Originally posted by oracion:
I think the service is pretty separate with the car-buying process. I'd go to Framingham for service since it's closer for me and I've had my Civic serviced there a few times before.

Right, but they are pretty pricy... maybe just my imagination. Nice people, matter of fact, a friend of mine works at the window, AJ but that makes no difference.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 01:10 PM

I have had all my service done in Framingham with very good luck. They always get me a loaner car and have the car done on time.

From the sound of this thread, on any given day one dealer will beat another on price (except Auburn)

Still waiting to see my first TLS on the road. Any of you drive out on 495 ?
Old 06-18-2001, 01:23 PM
Drifting

Auburn and Framingham will not negotiate.

Every so often I get on 495, where is Stow by anyway?

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 01:42 PM

Stow is just north of Marlboro off 117. Lots of golf courses and winding roads!
Old 06-18-2001, 01:49 PM
Drifting

Cool, I am in Northborough, not too far from you. I'll have to take my S there and rip up the town! Care to join me?

------------------

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by thephantom on June 18, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Yoyodyne:
Got mine at Clair in E. Walpole. No pressure, no games (except for the usual "I have to run this by my sales mgr.")
$29,800 (no nav) with mudguards and 4 free oil changes. Minor hassle at delivery with car not ready when promised---had to wait an hour or so, but they gave me a $20 gift certificate for lunch at the restaurant next door to make up for it.
Ask for Andy Clair.

I got mine from Andy Clair at Clair, also. My wife and I had already decided to buy a non-Nav TL, and the only issues were price and service. We bought our '88 Integra in Peabody (but that's too long ago to be relevant), but always had it serviced at Clair. Clair beat Boston's price by a few hundred dollars, and Andy was a real pleasure to deal with, both at sales and pickup. The car was delivered and prepped ahead of schedule, and Andy went over the car with us in excruciating detail. Oh, and Clair will send you cookies later!

Finally, after a minor accident this winter, Clair Autobody was superb. Our loaner was a Saab 9-5.

------------------
David

Black-on-Black non-NAV 2000
Old 06-18-2001, 04:00 PM
5th Gear

Smile

Wow!!!

Thanks very much for all of the feedback. I guess I will try to talk to Boston first and then Peabody, since Boston is very close to me. I hope to get this done quickly without too much fooling around. I hope to get a WDP/Parchment, no Nav. I will let you all know how it goes when the deal is finalized.
Thanks again for all of the responses you have all been a great help.

TD
Old 06-18-2001, 05:11 PM
what?

Cool

Yo Stow! I'm on 495 a lot driving from Hopkinton to 290 or on the pike. I haven't seen too many type-s cars either. Stow's really nice - but I haven't been taking the back roads very much. I blew a tire on farm road in Marlboro when my honey was one week old... since then, I'm a bit cautious...

And I got my car at Clair too - mixed feelings about the place - but true love for my type-s!

Leslie
Old 06-18-2001, 07:04 PM
Banned

I live in Western MA and there are exactly zero Acura dealers in this part of the state. So my first trip was to Acura of Auburn (closest to my house, about 70 minutes away). My first impression was a good one: no pressure while walking through the lot, knowledgeable and friendly salesman (Scott), good test drive (roads of my choosing, length of my choosing). Everything was an ideal experience---*UNTIL* it came time to talk price. I casually mention I'd like to see what kind of negotiations we can do on price and he says "Oh that's the easy part--all of our cars sell for sticker, no exceptions." I'm like WTF?!? I thanked him for his time and left.

I went to Acura of Avon (Canton, CT) as that's the next closest dealer to me. They gave me the same great experience and were willing to deal on price (I saved about $1600 off MSRP plus a few freebies, which apparently on the East Coast is pretty good). I then called Acura of Auburn again just to see if they would *match* Avon's price (not even beat it, mind you) because I'd rather buy from a MA dealer since I live in MA. The salesman kind of laughed and said, "Hey, if they want to sell it for that price, more power to 'em." Well, it cost Auburn the sale. I bought through Canton and couldn't be happier.

Moral of the (long) story: Acura of Auburn WILL NOT BUDGE OFF MSRP!!

Matt
Old 06-18-2001, 07:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by pianoman41:
Moral of the (long) story: Acura of Auburn WILL NOT BUDGE OFF MSRP!!
That's exactly what I was talking about. I asked Auburn in my 2nd email to see whether they'd beat/match the deal I got from Boston and Clair. The result? MSRP.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 11:05 PM
Drifting

I agree with Oracion... except for I still go to Auburn for services because it is near me and I don't want to go to Framingham either. I dealt with Claire and and Peabody briefly and they could not even come close to Boston's price.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 11:06 PM
Drifting

BTW, Oracion, what did you end up paying for your TL-S? What options?

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 11:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by thephantom:
BTW, Oracion, what did you end up paying for your TL-S? What options?
After the trade-in, 29300 for a TL-S w/ Nav + Spoiler + Wheel Locks + Mud Guards + Trunk Tray.

Have you received anything yet for the referral?

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 11:17 PM
Instructor

I got mine at Acura of Boston. My experience was no hassle either in the sense that I had no choice but to pay MSRP. I put a deposit down in January and thus was amongst the first people in the state to get the TL-S. I tried a few times but they would not budge from MSRP. If I waited a few weeks I could have dealt some but oh well.

------------------
2002 TL-S Aegean blue
Old 06-18-2001, 11:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by thephantom:
I agree with Oracion... except for I still go to Auburn for services because it is near me and I don't want to go to Framingham either. I dealt with Claire and and Peabody briefly and they could not even come close to Boston's price.
I think the service is pretty separate with the car-buying process. I'd go to Framingham for service since it's closer for me and I've had my Civic serviced there a few times before.

------------------