Acura of Boston may loose me as a consumer... over bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Having Fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura of Boston may loose me as a consumer... over bushings

I haven't posted here in awhile but I thought I would share my recent dealership woe incase it helps anyone avoid the pothole known as Acura of Boston Service...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So about 3 weeks ago I was hearing a lot of noise from the rear suspension, and thought I had blown another strut. So, I made an appt with Acura of Boston to check it out. Brought it in and got a TSX to play with for the day. They call me back and say they can't reproduce the sound (WTF are you [explicit word] deaf [explicit word]!!!!!). They made a side note on the paperwork that there was tape around the sway bars (duh, comptech sways used to be installed with teflon tape).

So they have the head garage guy take another look with my service advisor and they say the bushings are dead and need to be replaced. Ok, fine, I can live with that.

Now to make the long history story short... I bought the 02 TLs, traveled to Park Ave Acura to get the comptech sways and springs installed so it would be covered completely under warrantee. Four transmissions later I lemoned the 02 for the 03 TLs. During that transaction Acura of Boston did all the labor to move all my mods from the 02 to the 03. Fast forward from Dec 7th to this incident. Another worthy point of interest, in the past couple of months my service advisor and two directors of service have quit. So there is no longer any service person still working there that has dealt with me and my car before.

So this new service advisor and I went back and forth arguing about the warrantee coverage. It finally came down to me having to pay for new bushings from comptech (which I had no problem with and expected), and they would honor the labor under warrantee since they did the initial work when I took delivery.

Fine, so I get the $5 bushings from Comptech and two weeks later I go back to Acura of Boston to have them do the work. I come by about 10 to 5p to pick it up and I see $160 labor and $5 parts on the invoice, WTF I think. My advisor had gone, so I spoke with another guy who was still there in service. We leave the conversation at him releasing the car to me with a note on the paperwork not to charge my credit card until my advisor fixes the situation. That was last Friday night.

Around 11a I got a call from my service advisor and he stabs me in the back saying he never said that, blah blah blah. Completely fed up with him I tell him that from now on every conversation we have will be recorded and to have his manager call me.

[... Time passes as I leave this window open and go to lunch...]

Around 12p my service advisor calls me back and says that someone else there also said that he told me it would be covered under warrantee. He then says even though he doesn't remember saying it that because some other rep remembers hearing something like that he is going to eat the $160 charge. I told him I did appreciate him standing up in the end. For either party $160 really isn't the issue, it's the principle of deception and misleading that was my problem.

I plainly asked him, "If this is going to be a continual issue moving forward with Acura of Boston, why is it in my best interest to continue to have regular scheduled maintenance with Acura of Boston. I could just as easy go to a personal mechanic and save more than a few bux." He had no rebuttal, just saying that he hopes I stay with Acura of Boston.

So I told him that when my 30k service comes around (in about 2k miles) that I would have to re-evaluate my decision to continue being a patron to Acura of Boston.

End of story...
Old 04-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Missing my Acura's

Man i can relate, When my tranny went i went to Acura of boston they replaced it without a problem, But when i got the car back it was making a funny noice. I take it back they tell me it was a motor mount i got that taken care of, Same noice then they say ohh well we fixed the noice we heard that is a new one im like hey my car was not making that before then they say well 60,000 miles we can not warrenty anything besides the tranny so i say it was not doing that before ya did the tranny they say basically tough sh_t. So mad as hell i go to my mechanic of about 7 years he told me when they put it back toghether they left a screw out of something in the frontend and never put one of the boots in the frontend back on corectly lets just say thats the last time they touch my baby! And the funny thing is a buddy of mine is a mechanic there he's not invited to dinner anymore lol!
Old 04-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Having Fun?

Yeah ever since Terry left their service dept has gone down the tubes.