Acura was 15th in the JD Powers IQS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellows, here is my 5 cents.
Please remember that JD Power rates the cars in “INITIAL QUALITY”! That means the quality of the car during first 90 days of the ownership. I’m not surprised that Hyundai got up that high. They were working hard for years to improve their quality and image after complete disaster brought by junkie 1987 Excell. But anyway, let’s check Hyundai cars in few years or close to 100k miles. Do you think these Hyundais will hold their quality for that long? Good luck. Hyundai has 10 years/100k warranty. But what do they warranty? Quality or repair? Lexus does not offer this long warranty, but offers unbeatable quality. Besides, how many of Hyundai customers will complain about squeaky sunroof (how many will order darn sunroof?). Hyundai customers expect certain quality. I don’t believe they are as demanding as Acura customers. You know, when you pay big $$ for the car, you want everything just perfect, don’t you? Al of the sudden, here is squeak, or, God forbid, rattle, or shimmy… I went banana when I found a problem with my 2000TL. For me, it’s $30K car, for dealer- just another car. The biggest problem that I see is lousy dealers and their lousy customer service (granted, not all, but many). Just remember that Saturn sold tons of cars several years back just on extremely nice customer service.
Also, it seems that Acura quality suffers because Honda/Acura rushed cars on market.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:14 AM
01 TL-P Driver

well, the result is for the year of 2004. Luckily, most of our cars are 2001. Thus, we might have lucked out alittle bit..... unless the 2001 JD powers rated us the same way then.....
Old 05-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by sportious
well, the result is for the year of 2004. Luckily, most of our cars are 2001. Thus, we might have lucked out alittle bit..... unless the 2001 JD powers rated us the same way then.....
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=3671
Old 05-17-2004, 10:29 AM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I concur with the most of you guys. The fit and finish on our cars suck.... I see huge gaps in the body panels (where they meet) and the such... I have purchased two civics prior to this ride and both were made in Japan. The fit and finish on the civics is far superior to the Acura. Nothing can beat a Japanese car, expect for a bunch of Americans trying to assemble one....

I thinks they need to take the assembling back to Japan. I have a Toyota Camry that is 9 years old and I beat the crap out of it, and that car rides strong.... no squeks, rattles, or the such... but my acura, less that six months and I hear rattles, squeks, and have had to take it to the dealerships too many times for it to be onsidered a luxury or near luxury car....

The least acura can do is offer us some concessions for a poor product... Also, the Legends are a helleva lot better and the car was the precursor.... But, I made my decision and I chose the TL-S and thus far have had a few problems, but far more than my friends have who have purchased Lexus' and Infiniti's.....

How the hell did Acura allow Hyndai pass them???? It is a sad day for all....

Acura, if you hear us, WAKE THE F**K UP!!!!!!! Get your fingers out your a$$ and get to work....