Acetone in Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Acetone in Fuel

Okay guys so i have looked up all kinds of ways of doing better on my gas mileage. My daily commute is about 62 miles round trip. Usually in the morning its not bad since im an early bird and the main streets usually have green lights. It takes me roughly 45 min to get to work in the morning and about 1 hr 15 min to get home in the afternoon. I found several write ups about putting acetone in your gas to increase mileage. Some claiming 80 miles more on a single tank. Truthfully 30 miles more on a single tank would make a huge gain for me. The question is has anybody done it? From what i understand these people have put 2 ounces of acetone per 10 gallons of gas. I have seen several acetone tests where a guy put several rubber pieces, wire with the insulation both copper and aluminum, a spark plug and some other stuff in pure acetone and two weeks later no sign of deterioration or damage. Now the spark plug deal i thought was a waist of time. If your gonna test the spark plug i would think you would have to ignite the acetone and simulate what stresses the spark plug would go through in its duty.

Please note i will play devils advocate so if your gonna shoot it down, provide proof! If your gonna say its the best thing since slice bread, provide proof!

Im hoping you pros will weigh in and this could be a good topic considering gas prices.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
If it was such a great thing, there would be more common knowledge on using it.
Maybe the tests proved ok after 2 weeks, but what about longer than that ?

What is acetone's primary functional purpose and intended use besides removing fingernail polish ? IDK !!!

How about you trying it and document the results over an extended period.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc
If it was such a great thing, there would be more common knowledge on using it.
Maybe the tests proved ok after 2 weeks, but what about longer than that ?

What is acetone's primary functional purpose and intended use besides removing fingernail polish ? IDK !!!

How about you trying it and document the results over an extended period.
I might but i wont do it in my car just yet that is the purpose of this post i was hoping to see if anybody has tried it and what where their results. Or maybe some other alternatives.

I am however planning a trip to visit my sister in Virginia and plan to take a rental i will try the hell out of it in a rental and give you guys results.

I have been reading a crap load of articles and find the same arguments about it, chemists saying its not possible with no supporting evidence and people saying they have tried it and argue tooth and nail there point. I dont mind trying it as long as i know there will be no harmful effects to my engine. That is my only hesitation.

If you read the articles i have been reading you will find that the guys saying it wont work havent tried it. They guys saying they have tried it are saying it works.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
If it were to offer any type of gain every aftermarket manufacturer would be selling kits for it, It would be on every shelf in auto parts stores, and it would be common knowledge everywhere. Not just limited reading on the internet.

Also id recommend using the search button. There are many threads with people asking the same question.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/acetone-fuel-additive-685893/

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...cetone+in+fuel

Personally i wouldnt ever put it in my car. Proper maintenance, change in driving, up the tires psi a little can and will all change MPG more than any "additive" claim could
Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
seafoam it twice in the gas at 1 can to half tank
install new NGK Iridium spark plugs
ck/replace air filter
clean throttle air plate!!!!
perform egr cleanout of intake manifold

that's the maintenance that pays you back in mpg
driving more gently on starts and slow/stops is good too
Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
If it were to offer any type of gain every aftermarket manufacturer would be selling kits for it, It would be on every shelf in auto parts stores, and it would be common knowledge everywhere. Not just limited reading on the internet.

Also id recommend using the search button. There are many threads with people asking the same question.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685893

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...cetone+in+fuel

Personally i wouldnt ever put it in my car. Proper maintenance, change in driving, up the tires psi a little can and will all change MPG more than any "additive" claim could

Sorry for not doing the search first but Fstty you let me down. I read the other articles and your comments on those articles have no facts, nothing but if's. Im currently getting in the range of 22-24 mpg and its just not good enough. I am on a quest to find out what REALLY works. I have my tires inflated properly and check them weekly as air is free. Also was doing oil changes at every 3k mi. until you guys basically said i was wasting my money since you guys go every 15k. ( I have not changed the oil and i am approaching 10k now btw). My point is not to argue with you but to shed some light on facts. If you have not done this or tested it then sorry your opinion is strictly that, an opinion. I have read lord knows how many articles of people claiming to be chemist saying its not possible to work yet no test has confirmed their theory. I have also read within those same articles people saying F$%## it and trying it, saying holy $hit it actually works.

Here is the problem with that i dont know them or know if they are full of it either, and just jumping on a common thread to spread lies. I am asking here because i know who the common people are asking and answering questions. and was wondering if you guys have tried it. and i might add there was a few in the posts you responded with stating it worked for them and a bunch saying no way with no PROOF!!! For some ignorance is bliss but im willing to test it out. (just not on my car just yet lol)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
seafoam it twice in the gas at 1 can to half tank
install new NGK Iridium spark plugs
ck/replace air filter
clean throttle air plate!!!!
perform egr cleanout of intake manifold

that's the maintenance that pays you back in mpg
driving more gently on starts and slow/stops is good too
I told you guys i would play devils advocate. Here it is, how do you know if seafoam works? What tests have you done? I have seen countless youtubers saying its a load of crap and articles stating the same. Also i tried it and in that first tank got 2 mpg more then the next tank was normal back to the miserable 22-24 average. I will also mention i just took out the intake manifold this weekend and cleaned out the entire intake manifold throttle body egr and vsa butterfly assembly or whatever you call it and am waiting to see the results when i fill up but i gotta say its looking so far to be the same
Old 05-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Cool Acetone.....is it the miracle MPG booster in a bottle ?

Originally Posted by teggyturnedtl
I told you guys i would play devils advocate. Here it is, how do you know if seafoam works? What tests have you done?
Most of us see some apparent benefits from using Seafoam and are comfortable with the results.
Very few of us, if any have confidence in Acetone as being useful.....perhaps more detrimental if anything.

We welcome your effort researching the subject and are looking forward to detailed facts concerning testing of acetone in the "rental" car's fuel. Hope ya make it back home ok !!!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
You are getting 22-24 and it isn't enough? You bought the wrong car pal.
It is a thing of marvel that our cars do that MPG with a Big Fat Ass and a 3.2L V6 and still isn't enough????? Come back when your getting less than 20MPGs.. The car already gave you more than what is stated at MPG.gov

JESUS! Some people.... Get a 4 cyl already...
The following users liked this post:
rellgeta (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Skirmich
You are getting 22-24 and it isn't enough? You bought the wrong car pal.
It is a thing of marvel that our cars do that MPG with a Big Fat Ass and a 3.2L V6 and still isn't enough????? Come back when your getting less than 20MPGs.. The car already gave you more than what is stated at MPG.gov

JESUS! Some people.... Get a 4 cyl already...
Haha i was waiting for you to chime in. What took you so long? You ALSO let me down. Once again im asking for those who have tried it. Good or bad does it work? and of course the proof! or what other ways of getting better mileage do you recommend? If nobody has any real info to drop then i will test on my trip to Virginia and again on my trip to New York around the end of the year.

As for making it back ok its only 2 oz. to 1,280.00 Im sure there will be no harsh effects that could happen that fast. So in my test i will be able to answer whether you get better gas mileage but not so much the damaging effect it may have. I guess im on my own on this journey lol

I
Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
i dont think seafoam works.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 205 Likes on 180 Posts
So basically anyone saying this is a bad idea is letting you down?? There's lots of tips to maximize your MPG. If you follow everyone's real world advice you can see 29 mpg. Acetone isn't the way to do it unless you've previously ran latex In your engine.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:43 PM

I would never add Acetone to my Gas Tank because well.. It sounds silly that nail polish will make my system cleaner thus giving me more MPGs and if it did everyone would use it but you know who use it? Nobody I know! So Id stay away far far away from adding stuff it has no place to do in an Automobile Ignition System.

But hey? You let me down! Why haven't you tested it and show use a new marvel? Be an Acurazine first! Who knows? Perhaps someday we will remember this conversation with laughs when you are rebuilding your engine or getting shit tons of MPGs..
Old 05-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeDave
So basically anyone saying this is a bad idea is letting you down?? There's lots of tips to maximize your MPG. If you follow everyone's real world advice you can see 29 mpg. Acetone isn't the way to do it unless you've previously ran latex In your engine.
No buddy not at all I've read countless posts from both skirmish and ftty dating lord knows how many years back and I have yet to read them just give an opinion cuz it sounds silly. Usually they hit hard with Facts that is the only reason why I said they let me down. Actually they both shut me down on another post, with facts not opinions. And I'm still trying to prove that post to myself.

Once again where is the proof!! I agree for the quantity they are saying to add I don't really see how it can improve but hey willing to give it a shot (on a rental of course). Or hoping a person comes right out and says hey I use it for x amount of miles and haven't shown any damage and gained x amount of mph. Again this is really to see what has been done or not done. maybe it will be me saying hey guys shit didn't work or hey guys got the rental stuck in GA. Lol
Old 05-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by justnspace
i dont think seafoam works.
I KNOW it DOES. I have seen the benefits from using it. How many times with and without using it have you taken apart your intake manifold to see what is in it as far as buildup and how clean the heads are in the ports and how clean the valves are. I have
Old 05-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Senior Moderator

No buddy not at all I've read countless posts from both skirmish and ftty dating lord knows how many years back and I have yet to read them just give an opinion cuz it sounds silly. Usually they hit hard with Facts that is the only reason why I said they let me down. Actually they both shut me down on another post, with facts not opinions. And I'm still trying to prove that post to myself.

Once again where is the proof!! I agree for the quantity they are saying to add I don't really see how it can improve but hey willing to give it a shot (on a rental of course). Or hoping a person comes right out and says hey I use it for x amount of miles and haven't shown any damage and gained x amount of mph. Again this is really to see what has been done or not done. maybe it will be me saying hey guys shit didn't work or hey guys got the rental stuck in GA. Lol
Im sorry i let you down by not providing graphs and charts, but HONESTLY, Dont you think that IF it actually did anything it would be common knowledge and seen and used everywhere?????? This isnt a new subject. It dates back for many years. IF it did actually do something you would see it everywhere on the internet and in stores but you dont, just the rare few that claim it does work.

How do or will you know it will work on the "rental" You cant just use a few fill ups on a trip to determine if it is or not. You need to use more than a few tanks, on a car that you already have a good baseline. You NEED to know what it gets before, along with Average it out over MANY tanks of gas. No single tank is going to be the same just due to the little changes in temp, stop and go, how heavy your foot is vs the last tank you drove. But hey, thats just my take it how you will. But seriously, with the MPG you are getting with the type of driving i wouldnt complain. Most in that type or city are getting in the mid to high teens. If you truly feel you need better mileage go get a newer car with a MPG rating that is higher Between my 2 vehicles i typically put on 100k miles a year, that is a lot of fuel. Im not going to use it or try. Finding a quality fuel, one without Ethanol alone will yield 60 more miles to a tank of gas for me. Your engine is tuned for 91. Adding 100, 115, more additives of anytype isnt going to improve performance or MPG. But changing driving style, increasing tire psi a few, changing they type of tire (yes different tires have different rolling resistance) and proper maintenance will all yield better mileage.

Since we cant provide any proof go out and try it and let us know. Prove us wrong
3.2TLc (05-21-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
When I was using my TL as my tow vehicle for getting my bike to the track in '06, I decided to test acetone as a fuel additive. I decided to do this because, like you, I'd read there were possibly benefits, and because I would be driving the same stretches of interstate with the cruise control set I would be able to do direct comparisons between having acetone or not. I also knew I would be going through entire tanks of gas on the drives, so I wouldn't be leaving acetone sitting in my gas tank for long periods of time.

My results consistently showed an increase in fuel mileage when adding acetone. I had kept all my gas receipts with tripometer readings written on the back because I was so amazed to actually see an increase in MPG. But they got thrown away the last time I moved because I really didn't see a need to keep them anymore.

After that year of racing, I no longer add acetone to my fuel tank because I don't fill up very frequently and I don't want to leave it sitting in the tank (from '07-'11 I drove 5 miles per day, and even now I only drive ~15 miles per day). I have no idea what leaving acetone in the tank long-term would do, and I surely haven't seen any issues from the short term use when I did it 8 years ago, but I decided for as little as I was spending on gas it wasn't worth it to me to keep doing it. If I was going on a road trip tomorrow, I'd see if I could find the ratio of acetone I was using and I'd add it to the tank without a second though.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Advanced

Im sorry i let you down by not providing graphs and charts, but HONESTLY, Dont you think that IF it actually did anything it would be common knowledge and seen and used everywhere?????? This isnt a new subject. It dates back for many years. IF it did actually do something you would see it everywhere on the internet and in stores but you dont, just the rare few that claim it does work.

How do or will you know it will work on the "rental" You cant just use a few fill ups on a trip to determine if it is or not. You need to use more than a few tanks, on a car that you already have a good baseline. You NEED to know what it gets before, along with Average it out over MANY tanks of gas. No single tank is going to be the same just due to the little changes in temp, stop and go, how heavy your foot is vs the last tank you drove. But hey, thats just my take it how you will. But seriously, with the MPG you are getting with the type of driving i wouldnt complain. Most in that type or city are getting in the mid to high teens. If you truly feel you need better mileage go get a newer car with a MPG rating that is higher Between my 2 vehicles i typically put on 100k miles a year, that is a lot of fuel. Im not going to use it or try. Finding a quality fuel, one without Ethanol alone will yield 60 more miles to a tank of gas for me. Your engine is tuned for 91. Adding 100, 115, more additives of anytype isnt going to improve performance or MPG. But changing driving style, increasing tire psi a few, changing they type of tire (yes different tires have different rolling resistance) and proper maintenance will all yield better mileage.

Since we cant provide any proof go out and try it and let us know. Prove us wrong
Your right you have a good point about why it has not been an uncracked subject by now, but if you guys pushing back about whether you think it will work or not now, being that others have said that it does work and others saying it does. How do you think people perceived it back then? Im the type of person that if you tell me something im going to google the life out of it till i can get a pretty solid answer and this is something that goes back and fourth and no tests have been shown that it does not work and thats why im still wondering if it does. As for the testing i plan to fill up without for 2 fill ups. We are taking two family's so it will be a decent size vehicle which will suck up gas. After those two if they are pretty close to each other i will take it as thats the vehicles base mpg now if i see they deviate more than 2 mpg i will fill up a third time without acetone to give me a solid starting foundation. Once i have that info i will start the acetone testing. the mix is 2 oz to every 1280 oz. and if you deviate from that too much its said the effects will not be noticed. (so they say). Like i said since nobody is coming fourth saying hey ive done it and it works than all i will be able to prove is whether you save fuel or not, not so much whether it will damage the engine.

Also if you think i should do the test differently add some comments.

And please stop saying purchase a new car. The thought of buying a new vehicle to save on fuel makes absolutely no sense. My car has been paid off for a couple years now and purchasing a new vehicle would be like paying for gas up front (if you get that analogy).
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RONE
When I was using my TL as my tow vehicle for getting my bike to the track in '06, I decided to test acetone as a fuel additive. I decided to do this because, like you, I'd read there were possibly benefits, and because I would be driving the same stretches of interstate with the cruise control set I would be able to do direct comparisons between having acetone or not. I also knew I would be going through entire tanks of gas on the drives, so I wouldn't be leaving acetone sitting in my gas tank for long periods of time.

My results consistently showed an increase in fuel mileage when adding acetone. I had kept all my gas receipts with tripometer readings written on the back because I was so amazed to actually see an increase in MPG. But they got thrown away the last time I moved because I really didn't see a need to keep them anymore.

After that year of racing, I no longer add acetone to my fuel tank because I don't fill up very frequently and I don't want to leave it sitting in the tank (from '07-'11 I drove 5 miles per day, and even now I only drive ~15 miles per day). I have no idea what leaving acetone in the tank long-term would do, and I surely haven't seen any issues from the short term use when I did it 8 years ago, but I decided for as little as I was spending on gas it wasn't worth it to me to keep doing it. If I was going on a road trip tomorrow, I'd see if I could find the ratio of acetone I was using and I'd add it to the tank without a second though.
RONE Thank you so much for your input i appreciate it i still want to test on a rental first but hearing your story definitely makes me want to pursue this test. Also I fill up twice a week so if it works out for me on the road trip i will definitely test on my TL.

Skepticism is usually what keeps people in the dark. You have to be willing to test it out for yourself nowadays. Now i just have to pray your not leading me on so mess up my car and you get a good laugh lol j/k
Old 05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Suzuka Master

We are all anxiously awaiting your testing and evaluation of Acetone as a fuel MPG booster.

You are definitely the right person for the job, a true hard core "Devil's Advocate".

Just be sure to create a solid baseline from which to compare your testing results to.

Many variables may be out of your control when borrowing a rental car for a short period of time. But hey, if the tests prove inconclusive....then step up to the challenge with your true test mule, the TL.

After all, ya got everything to gain by hands on evaluation, with no tampered facts or figures along the way. Who else can ya trust better than yourself ??? Just do it for yourself and all of us.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
Shoulda bought a prius.

Honestly, call paypal and ask them about it.
octoher12 (05-21-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 06:44 PM

I KNOW it DOES. I have seen the benefits from using it. How many times with and without using it have you taken apart your intake manifold to see what is in it as far as buildup and how clean the heads are in the ports and how clean the valves are. I have
can you figure out why only 2 cylinders have fuel spray deposits?
ive seen it in my car and my friends car.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 556 Likes on 446 Posts
Probably because you're using the brake booster or something that doesn't feed all the cylinders. SeaFoam absolutely works, it's not a controversy.
3.2TLc (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 06:20 AM
Advanced

Maybe the real question is how are you doing it (fstty). I know i have put in the recommended amount in the fuel tank per how many gallons it has as well as sprayed with the little straw into the throttle body as it states. I noticed many people put it through a vacuum line on or near the throttle body. Also i never got a big cloud of smoke like i see all the time. What is your method fstty?

Also i just cleaned out the egr valve this weekend and on my first fill up of fuel wondering if that would make any difference for me. Probably not! I did notice however my cast manifold is extremely shitty. A port and polish would be a good idea.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:36 AM

sorry fellas if i wasnt clear.
my intake manifold is very clean. the heads are clean.
Ive never used seafoam.
i'm not asking where to put seafoam.
I'm asking fatty why on the J-series engine only two cylinders show a deposit from the injectors?
ive seen this spray pattern on more than 1 TL, so I do know its J-series specific
Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Senior Moderator

sorry fellas if i wasnt clear.
my intake manifold is very clean. the heads are clean.
Ive never used seafoam.
i'm not asking where to put seafoam.
I'm asking fatty why on the J-series engine only two cylinders show a deposit from the injectors?
ive seen this spray pattern on more than 1 TL, so I do know its J-series specific
I cant say i have honestly seen 2 cyls have a spray pattern before. I know the rear head on the Js is always stained yellowish color.

What 2 cyls have you noticed a deposit on?
Old 05-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Maybe the real question is how are you doing it (fstty). I know i have put in the recommended amount in the fuel tank per how many gallons it has as well as sprayed with the little straw into the throttle body as it states. I noticed many people put it through a vacuum line on or near the throttle body. Also i never got a big cloud of smoke like i see all the time. What is your method fstty?

Also i just cleaned out the egr valve this weekend and on my first fill up of fuel wondering if that would make any difference for me. Probably not! I did notice however my cast manifold is extremely shitty. A port and polish would be a good idea.
Sounds like you are using the aerosol deep creep, as you say you are spraying it in with the little straw? Use the stuff you pour in your gas tank. I NEVER use half a can, i let the engine suck in the whole can. When i add it to the fuel i add a full can to 1/4-1/2 tank at most
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Advanced

Sounds like you are using the aerosol deep creep, as you say you are spraying it in with the little straw? Use the stuff you pour in your gas tank. I NEVER use half a can, i let the engine suck in the whole can. When i add it to the fuel i add a full can to 1/4-1/2 tank at most
Cool will try. Seems more concentrate this way.

On a side note i looked up the main chemical property on Sea foam and its Isopropanol compared to Acetone it has a higher boiling point and is fairly close in similarities but Acetone is considered the harsher of the two.

Not trying to convince anybody of anything just throwing in more info into the thread
Old 05-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Team Owner

per seafoams tech guy,
2 oz per gal fuel is cleaning dose, more than that does not increase the cleaning power!
maintenance dose- at midyear is 1oz per gal fuel

Less than 3/4 oz per gal is not doing much

for vac/TB use 1/2 can will do fine but no issue using more, and using the 2000 rpm method found on their website is amazing

remember fuel tank is the way to get every part of the system, all the line- fuel rail etc and sustained time with heat thru the injectors- valves-pistons and the cat gets a cleaning too!
trips over 30 minutes work best
Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Advanced

Ok guys im sea foaming the car over the weekend. would it be a good idea to let it pull in through the pressure relief line going to the intake? Im assuming it will get both butterflies on the way in the engine? Thoughts from the pros?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Ok so it turns out the TL is running pretty good. I wound up having to make a trip from our Orlando office to Tampa and back. So with 3 days of driving my normal routine and 1 long round trip i averaged 28 mpg i got a total of 385 mi. out of one tank. FINALLY! lol Still doing the acetone to the rental lol gotta check for myself to see if it can get better.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Team Owner

to get the TB air plate remove the intake tube from air filter box to TB and look inside TB
apply throttle to make plate open, get edges and both face surfaces

best vac ports for the TL are the master vac port - the line with a squeeze type hose clamp going to the tb/inlet neck area
spray into inlet/TB not the hose
or remove intake tube and do thru there, and get air plate!

I still want to know how the effects of acetone on a new car are a test for the aging TL?
Modern cars have many differences in fuel lines seals etc to deal with rising Ethanol levels in fuel,,wasn't even a product back in the day
Old 05-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Suzuka Master

"SEAFOAM"......another testimonial that it works !!!

Ok so it turns out the TL is running pretty good. So with 3 days of driving my normal routine and 1 long round trip i averaged 28 mpg i got a total of 385 mi. out of one tank. FINALLY! lol
Why even bother wasting your time with ACETONE....now that ya seen the good stuff works !!!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:52 PM

Seafoam does its wonders again...

*Grabs pen and Note: "Gotta buy another can this weekend, Your 30mpg isn't gonna maintain themselves"....
3.2TLc (05-30-2014)
Old 05-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Octane boosting is nothing new.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/octanebooster.html

I have been viewing that link since about 1997. It could have been around longer than that. As has been stated you need to tune accordingly or it is a waste.

After seeing this thread I plan to grab some Seafoam. It seems to work on our cars.
3.2TLc (05-30-2014)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, most of the "Ziner's" swear by the Seafoam product and how good it actually works.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Advanced

Why even bother wasting your time with ACETONE....now that ya seen the good stuff works !!!
To prove whether it works or not. You guys shoved seafoam in your cars initially because of what others have said. Granted you feel it works but there are many that call it as much of a scam as octane boosters. At the end of the day if you re-read this whole thread nobody really stated that they tried it and it was a fail. Everybody just said they dont THINK it would work, or IF it did then why hasnt it spread to be accepted. WELL! look how close minded you guys sound!. Dont believe me like i said re-read this whole thread.

The only real fact that was given was from a guy who tried it on his TL and he said he did see an increase in MPG. But stopped since he wasn't traveling so far anymore. Funny thing is nobody even acknowledged his post!

And what do you mean now that i know the good stuff works?
Old 05-31-2014, 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Thumbs up Seafoam has proven results....!

Ok so it turns out the TL is running pretty good. So with 3 days of driving my normal routine and 1 long round trip i averaged 28 mpg i got a total of 385 mi. out of one tank. FINALLY! lol
Your previous average of 22>24 MPG wasn't bad, but after "Seafoam"...... 28 MPG is simply great for our TL's considering their age and miles on the dial.

If ya think that "Acetone" is the ultimate miracle for 30 MPG.....please confirm with your testing results and enlighten us. Thanks for your dedicated and gallant efforts with the unknown.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Advanced

Your previous average of 22>24 MPG wasn't bad, but after "Seafoam"...... 28 MPG is simply great for our TL's considering their age and miles on the dial.

If ya think that "Acetone" is the ultimate miracle for 30 MPG.....please confirm with your testing results and enlighten us. Thanks for your dedicated and gallant efforts with the unknown.
Oh i see. No i never got a chance to do the sea foam since i got slammed at work. I still have two cans waiting for me since i didn't have time today either. That trip was 3 days of my normal commute (about 61 mi.) and 1 trip to Tampa (about 200 mi.)

And no i don't think that acetone is the ultimate miracle i just haven't seen anybody who has knocked it state that they know for a fact it doesn't work. What i have read is Rone state that he has tried it and that he definitely saw an increase in mpg and that he was amazed.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Cool 28 MPG on trip.....Seafoam not tried yet

Ok guys im sea foaming the car over the weekend.

Hmmm, do the basic PM cleaning along with Seafoam .....and then new NGK's.
Wowwwe oh, Ya may be able to top 30 MPG on future highway driving trips !!!

Quick Reply: Acetone in Fuel