"The Absorber" Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 10:05 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Absorber" Anyone?

The Absorber PVA Sponge .... "Used by professional detailers, show professionals, collector car owners, the marine and pet industries as well as homeowners. This PVA sponge material has hundreds of drying uses."

Anyone used this and what was the review? I don't like the white lint the terry cotton towels leave on my black car.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this product?
Old 08-02-2001, 10:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

The Miracle Towel and the P21S drying towel both work great. I use the Miracle Towel on my type S and I really like it.

You can checkout autopia-carcare they have some good reviews of different products, they also have some links to other sites that are pretty good.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:20 AM
Racer

The Absorber

Been using it for years, no problems just make sure its clean (duh!!)

Recommendation, rite after u wash the car, take the nozzle off the hose and let the water run slowly over the car to get rid of the excess water beads left from the wash, (it will save u drying time) then use the Aborber to dry it off. Should be able to dry if off in about 2-3 minutes. Then take the car off for a spin around the block to get the water out of the cracks (mirrors, moldings, etc). This water will get on your doors and bumper, so use the Absorber to dry again. The drive also dries out the tires so that u can apply the tire dressing.

When u r done, step back and look at the beautiful, clean, masterpiece.........
Old 08-02-2001, 10:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

That is one reason I went with the miracle towel (microfiber) it is supposed to pull any dirt into the cloth away from the surface so you won't scratch your paint. Its worked very well so far.

No kidding on the post wash drive, I open the doors and dry off the door frames/top of the underbody kit, take if for a short drive and there is water pooled in the frames, running down the door handles, coming out of the trim piece 1/2 way down the doors ....
Old 08-02-2001, 10:50 AM
Advanced

If you check the general TL forum some of the other guys were responding to how they dried their cars.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:41 PM
Racer

I love the absorber!
Old 08-02-2001, 05:42 PM
Racer

I used the absorber and it works great. You will be amazed at the amount of dirt it manages to pull out even after you thought your car is all clean. Hasn't left a scratch on my car or previous car.. Well.. can't wash mine for awhile now as you know (bastards) By the way i got the green colored one :p
Old 08-02-2001, 05:46 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

The absorber is f'n amazin. You soak up a whole lot of water, then wring it completely dry. Doesn't compare to towel drying.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Other than the mildewy smell if you don't properly store this sponge correctly, it works great
Old 08-02-2001, 08:42 PM

Been using it for a couple of weeks, its been great.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

My absorber gets two thumbs up from me!
Old 08-03-2001, 10:56 AM
10th Gear

where can i purchase this absorber thing?
Old 08-03-2001, 11:02 AM
Pro

Sunspot,

I think I saw them on my last visit to WalMart, but I definitely know I saw on their (Walmart's) website. It's like almost $9 for the absorber. I'm going to check it out at Walmart today. also, I know I saw it at Autozone (but probably more expensive there). I really want the Miracle Towel but can't wait for mail order. I'm washing and Zaino-ing my car tomorrow (weather permitting) and want something safe to dry the car with. I'll order the miracle towel for the future uses.

Hope you have success finding the absorber.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:33 PM
Racer

Can buy them at Wal-Mart, Target, Discount Auto, etc.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:51 PM
Instructor

I have been using the Absorber since 1994. I still have my original one, but broke down last month and bought a second one. I have yet to use the new one though. It just sits there.
Old 08-04-2001, 07:32 PM
Dr. TLS

After reading this post this very morning, I went to the local Wal-Mart and bought The Absorber. Of course, I had to give the car a wash today and got to use it. Man, this thing is so awesome. What a great forum we have.
Old 08-04-2001, 09:43 PM
Instructor

I used it for the first time today and I was not impressed at all, it leaves streaks behind..

and it got dirty, (has black marks on it), i rinsed it but it remains, do i have to put it in the washer everytime?
Old 08-04-2001, 10:33 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by mgs333
I used it for the first time today and I was not impressed at all, it leaves streaks behind..

and it got dirty, (has black marks on it), i rinsed it but it remains, do i have to put it in the washer everytime?
Actually, today was the first time I used it too. When I got it out of the box and started wiping the water off the car, it was working great. After 5 minutes, however, it was leaving streaks and some water behind. I was annoyed because the cloth still felt dry. But as soon as I squeez and wring it, so much water came out. I was impressed. It started working well again. Maybe you forgot to wring it. The Absorber did get dirty, but hey, it got my car dry and shiny and water-spotless.
Old 08-05-2001, 03:22 AM
Racer

Originally posted by mgs333

It leaves streaks behind because you need to cringe the water out of it. It may not feel wet but after a few wipes you will have to do it. As far as it getting dirty that is telling you that your car is not as clean as you think...imo it is better if it gets dirty to me...at least i know it is taking whatever dirt out that i can't see.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:27 AM
Racer

The Asborber

Yup;

It gets dirty because your car is dirty.

BTW, Its works great to clean the inside of your car, like the dash and the windows, especially the windows, no more will u need that glass cleaning blue stuff (windex). When u use the Asbsorber to clean the windows, it leaves a haze, but don't worry, it dries out.

PS Its also great to pick up spills.............
Old 08-05-2001, 07:54 PM
Pro

Cool

Well. something new to try. I'm going to my new Target to see if they have it. I ordered the miracle towel set, including the one for glass - well it does NOT work as advertised. I have used it 3 times and it still leaves my glass all streaky. I'm back to using Invisible Glass. Why can't things work as advertised?
Old 08-06-2001, 03:20 AM
Intermediate

I've been using the absorber for a couple of years and I kind of like it also. I use one for washing and another for drying.

To keep them is good shape you first have to get them wet then wring it out and use it. When done you need to wash it with liquid detergent. Next just fold and roll it up and put in the container still damp (Do not dry it). Even after a few weeks of not using it there is no odor or dryness.

I have not used the microfiber type but would not hesitate to try it. For a short time I used to use my blower to dry the car and it worked fairly good for getting all the excess water thats trapped in crevices out. I stopped because of all the weird looks people would give me while I did it.

VG
Old 08-06-2001, 08:41 AM
Pro

Used the Absorber this weekend and it was the bomb! I still want to order that Miracle Towel, just to compare. No streaks or water spots. Amazing how much water squishes out when wringing it. My car was spotless.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation on this one! Money well spent.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:15 PM
10th Gear

Unhappy

becareful with the micro fibre products. i use one w/ car soap and water to gently remove bug parts. if you have a florecent light, u'll see scratches when u rub aggressively w/ the micro fibre....even on a completely clean surface before hand. just fyi...
Old 08-06-2001, 01:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by lonny
Well. something new to try. I'm going to my new Target to see if they have it. I ordered the miracle towel set, including the one for glass - well it does NOT work as advertised. I have used it 3 times and it still leaves my glass all streaky. I'm back to using Invisible Glass. Why can't things work as advertised?
I use the Micracle Cloth for glass and Invisible Glass, it works great.