5 Speed Chrome shift plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 Speed Chrome shift plate

Ok Guys...

Before we start talking about "GB" I really want to make sure that you guys will be satisfied with the end result. Like I stated in my previous post. I'm very critical, and for me it could have been better, but for most people I think it wil be great, considering some of the attempts that I have seen around some boards.

A member over on the other thread had some questions about the procedure which I wanted to address... See below:

With the piece in hand, and on a scale of 0-10 with 0 being awful quality and 10 being like a factory part, how would you rate the plating?
A. I would say... for me it's about 7.5 - 8 For the average person it might be a 9 or even a 10.

Are you satisfied with the way it came out?
A. Yes, I'm satisfied with the outcome to a certain degree, it could have been better (smoother). But I have it on my car, so that tells you something.
Was it made with the vacuum sealing method of plating that is typically used with plastics?
A. Yes

Also, how much if this is officially becoming a GB (how much with shipping?). The pics actually look very good on the computer. If you think it looks very good, I'm in (you had mentioned you are very critical, so it's likely fine for the rest of us. When you're ready, give us the paypal address and a time frame to completion so we can order.

I will try and take more detail (macro) pictures so you guys can judge for your selfs, and make a decission. If I do start a GB, I don't want memembers to be disapointed with the final product... Or to feel that I have misrepresented in anyway.

Please note you will have to send your shift plate in, for the process. And it will take, about 45 days for it to be completed (could be less), this means from the day it is received to the ship date back to you. (I would do them all at once)

If you have imperfections (scratches, stains, marks) on the shift plate, these will have to be buffed out in order to ensure the smoothest possible application. All this will take time.

If you guys agree based on the pictures that I should start one, I will start a new thread talk to the Admin guys and get it started. I will do this once, so all memberes interested, please list now. It will be 50.00 dollars including shipping and my paypal fees.

Note: ADMINS, please don't closed this thread. I will be posting pictures later tonight, and if the memebers agree with the terms and want the GB. I will open up another under GB thread and have further discussions with your guys. Thanks!

Thanks !