Is 300 Killed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 04:09 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's about right, but there some nice features there that the TL is not even close of having. Like UV water sensor for the wipers...etc.

Originally posted by abellofi
Top-of-the-line 330 is more like $48K all optioned out; I know, I bought one for the wife...
Old 08-22-2001, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMIT I MISSED THIS ONE.....You see most of you are the voice of reason....me....I'm the loud mouth punk who just wants to flame outsiders......I will say what you won't....ignore facts and state baseless opinion, rude to outsiders, spew senseless dribble, and be very disrespectful....So the next time this happens.....make sure someone alerts me DAMIT.
"you don't see this on the lexus board..." I personally saw the lexus dudes try to kill blackshadow....remember I posted about it here.....CALL ME NEXT TIME
Old 08-22-2001, 04:25 PM

Top-of-the-line 330 is more like $48K all optioned out; I know, I bought one for the wife...
Well, if top-of-the-line means the convertible, it's around that price, excluding hardtop. For a sedan, since they start at $34k, I'd be hard pressed to find almost $15k more in options.

but I rather have full leather(which IS300 has in 2002), and REAL woods...... 10 years down the road, which one you think would last?? 330i or IS300??
Lexus stated that the Escataine interior was for gripping purposes, not to cut corners. I'm assuming that the full leather option was because of customer demand (??)

My wife has a brand new 330cic, and in ten years we'll be using that thing for a flowerbed

Old 08-22-2001, 04:32 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by city001
tedc:

first of all....BMW 330i and Lexus is300 with 35-45 less than Acura TL consumes more gas than the TL type S. You can't get the same mileage the acura gives if the BMW and Lexus has 260hp. So, Honda has better technology. It's gives u excellent performance and fuel economy.

TLs have 5-speed automatic with 2 overdrives, hence the better gas mileage but poor 4th and 5th gear acceleration.

Not exactly better technology.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:51 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by abellofi
Well you got ripped off my friend. My buddy bought a fully loaded 330i but with stick for $39,750. Yes, he even got the Nav and paking, xenon, HK stereo, etc. etc.

Unless you're talking about the so beautiful 330 convertible.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:54 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I usually don't get into these Acura vs. Lexus vs. BMW vs. Subaru vs. Mustang vs... come on, where will it end??

Hey SSS, great kill on a punk ass who was just begging to be taught how to drive..

Now, as far as Lexus vs. Acura?? WFT??
Both manufacturers are successful, they both have excellent cars. Don't let your personal opinions judge drivers of the other cars.

How can someone HATE a car??

Enough with the bashing.. different cars, different styles, different buyers..

I personally really like the look of all the Lexus models.. the IS300 is unmistakable on the road.. granted, I don't care for the tails on it, but the rest of the car is sweet!

Just enjoy the focking car!

Thanks for reading.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:56 PM
AC
Drifting

BTW, why are people still insisting a 0-60 time of 6.2 sec? I swear I will hear this as long as this forum is still around. Yes MT did it in 6.2, but do you think you can consistently pull those numbers, and I own a 540i and I would love to see a 5,6,or 7 Speed manual TL/TLS beat my 540i...that'll be the day. No mods ofcourse
Old 08-22-2001, 05:02 PM

How'd you manage to sign the purchase-and-sale agreement while you were grabbing your ankles ?

Old 08-22-2001, 05:03 PM
Retired MOD

whatever.....all options on a BMW will be around $15,000. so even if the BMW is $25,000 you will still not pay less than $40k for a really fully loaded BMW.

Originally posted by AC

Well you got ripped off my friend. My buddy bought a fully loaded 330i but with stick for $39,750. Yes, he even got the Nav and paking, xenon, HK stereo, etc. etc.

Unless you're talking about the so beautiful 330 convertible.
Old 08-22-2001, 05:12 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by Bitium
whatever.....all options on a BMW will be around $15,000. so even if the BMW is $25,000 you will still not pay less than $40k for a really fully loaded BMW.

But I thought that if you get like a 330 some features are standard thus not allowing you to "pay" for some of the options. Another words, some things may be options on the 325, but standard on the 330. I did not know that you can rack up a 330 with $15K worth of options. Hell, you can't even do that on a 540i...well maybe with ski racks and folding seats and crap
Old 08-22-2001, 05:15 PM
AC
Drifting

Ok, just priced out a 330i with all priceable options and the grand total is $9700...
Old 08-22-2001, 05:22 PM

No honestly, Bitium, I know you can't hit $48k with the 330 sedan, maybe low $40's, because that's actually the MSRP of an M3 w/$3k of options (granted if you could actually FIND an M3 at list !!). My wife's convertible was just under $50k and that includes the hardtop and pulley sytem to put it on, so I assume (and hope) that abellofi was talking about the CiC ?

Old 08-22-2001, 05:22 PM

For the LAST TIME, the IS was not made to be a cross of sport and luxery (like the tl) it is really hard edged and that is why it looks the way it does, the interior is the way it is and it is marketed the way it is.

Lexus PURPOSELY made the IS polorizing, if you want luxery buy an ES or go elsewhere.

TL owners will say they bought the car for the best of both worlds, fine I can agree with that assumption.

BTW Lexus has never EVER put fake wood in any of their cars NEVER.

Well the c-class is all new it better have 8 airbags to compete nowadays (technically the IS has been out for what 3,4 years overseas).

I can't wait for the next one!
Old 08-22-2001, 05:25 PM

!SICKLEX, I love how you have taken the art of Caps Lock to a new level, every time I read one of your posts, I find myself out of habit, going to turn down my computer speakers !!

Old 08-22-2001, 05:31 PM
Retired MOD

Honestly listen........with the cheapest BMW you could hit $40k like nothing. check it out.

http://www.kellybluebook.com/kb/ki.d...%20325&M4M1A3&

Originally posted by TedC
No honestly, Bitium, I know you can't hit $48k with the 330 sedan, maybe low $40's, because that's actually the MSRP of an M3 w/$3k of options (granted if you could actually FIND an M3 at list !!). My wife's convertible was just under $50k and that includes the hardtop and pulley sytem to put it on, so I assume (and hope) that abellofi was talking about the CiC ?
Old 08-22-2001, 05:31 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
For the LAST TIME, the IS was not made to be a cross of sport and luxery (like the tl) it is really hard edged and that is why it looks the way it does, the interior is the way it is and it is marketed the way it is.

Lexus PURPOSELY made the IS polorizing, if you want luxery buy an ES or go elsewhere.

TL owners will say they bought the car for the best of both worlds, fine I can agree with that assumption.

BTW Lexus has never EVER put fake wood in any of their cars NEVER.

Well the c-class is all new it better have 8 airbags to compete nowadays (technically the IS has been out for what 3,4 years overseas).

I can't wait for the next one!
My Bimmer has 8 airbags
Old 08-22-2001, 05:52 PM

If you go to the BMW site and price out a 330 w/every option and package and maybe throw in a better set of rims, you'll only hit around $43K, which isn't a huge difference than was earlier stated, but 5 grand is 5 grand.
my .02

btw, pricing out a 325 comes out to around $41.5k, only because the 330 offers some options as standard that are purchasable on a 325, so the added hp makes, im my opinion, the 330 a better deal.

Old 08-22-2001, 07:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
cityoo1 are u sane mahn?

Lexus VVTi is way more advanced than Vtec, that's why starting with the new RSX Honda now has VTEC-I, it's way more advanced than just VTEC.

Honda has the best resale value, I really hope u mean Honda vs Toyota and not Acura vs Lexus cause you don't stand a chance. For example I could buy a 1998 RL for like 15 grand, horrible....

The day a 6-speed TL whoops my a$$ or a 540's a$$ I WILL be forced to buy the SRT supercharger ( I love how I will be hearing the o-60 in 6.2 sec the rest of my life), I just read a post here saying someone whooped a 540's a$$ please I hope the BMW boards do not find out......

Gas mileage, EVERYONE KNOWS if u use tiptronic, shiftronic, e-shift whatever, you are constantly racing your car or revving it etc WE ALL WILL AVERAGE 15 mpg, are u going by those suggested MPG ratings on the car when it is sold?

If I was a newborn baby and I read these posts it sounds like almost everyone bought the tl-s cause it is the fastest car in it's price range and @#$%^& the whole driving/ownership experience.

Doggone flame on even though I am not really flaming

AKRY have u driven the IS? Do u know the IS 200 is getting rave reviews in the UK and Europe, why CAUSE IT IS AN OUTSTANDING COMPETITOR TO THE GERMANS!!! The tl is not exported there cause Honda knows it will not sell. It's a great American car though.
I believe the first half of your post was dealt with already. As far as the 2nd half goes My MPG average is usually over 22mpg in gridlock traffic with the A/C on full blast. The absolute worst I ever got was 19, but thanx for trying to pretend to know what my car is capable of. Also my ownership/driving experience has been nothing but pleasant. I had a squeeky moonroof issue which was dealt with expeditiously and I have zero complaints.

Your market analysis is amazing, maybe you should take a job with a major car manufacturer. The TL is not sold in Europe as there is no competition for it. What an astute analysis. Call me crazy, but if I had something to sell, wouldnt my chances of selling it be much greater if I had as little competition as possible. I may be wrong, but Honda may have other reasons to not sell the TL there other than the fact that in your mind their is no competetion for it. May also be why they dont sell the MDX there as well. Hey does Lexus sell the RX300 there?? must be crapp if they dont then huh???

You know I posted this reply to you in the TL-S forum in response to your continual bashing of how the squeeks and rattles are unacceptabel to you and your implications that Lexus doesnt have any issues such as those. I might as well post it here too.
Geez maybe we should all go out and buy a Lexus huh????????????? I am sure they are all 100% defect and flaw free. After all they produce the best cars in the world, and anyone who spends their money on any other car must be a complete imbecile right SickLex?? Your putdowns are getting old, tedious and very annoying. Maybe I should go pick on some Camry owners; that should help huh?? May I ask what exactly it is that continually brings you over here to Acura-TL.com to continually try and put us and our cars down?? Is there anything you feel you need to prove??? Are there there any feelings of inadequacy you need to deal with? If so there are much better places you can go to to deal with those feelings other than this online forum. Give me a simple reason Lex because I cant find any other ones. Just goes to show that Trolls come in all shapes, sizes, from all socioeconomic levels, and some even drive some elegant high performing works of art like the GS400. Oh well.

These are a few snipets from the GS forum at Club Lex just from the last few days. Didnt take long to find at all. Would you believe it??? Lexus has cars that have creaks, rattles, wind noise, and malfunctioning electronic toys?...........................................Ha s hell frozen over already

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=20218

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=20169

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=19793

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=13146
Old 08-22-2001, 07:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Oh yeah its been bugging me for the longest time SickLex, I've seen it so often I know its not a simple typo.................... The GS400 is a LuxUry car while the TL and ES300(though you deny it) are entry level luxUry cars.

Dont know what the fuss is about does everyone have that much of a hard time believing he beat an IS300??? All the be glad it wasnt a...... is nice and all but its as relevant as saying be glad it wasnt a twin turbo 911.

And as far as Motor Trend is concerned I'll use that number as the low number in my range of 0-60 times for my car(6.2-6.7). I guess AC and others will go find the slowest times published for his 540 / their cars and just quote them.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:08 PM

All the be glad it wasnt a...... is nice and all but its as relevant as saying be glad it wasnt a twin turbo 911.
Actually, when I said that, well, by reading the posts, let's say I didn't expect it to go in that direction. I was simply saying that the 5-speed is a more comparable foe now, not to be taken as lightly. Me personally, I was impressed that Lexus was able to shave off a full second with the stick, and again, I think that figure (6.7 on their site) might be conservative given the nature of companies (except Infiniti !!!) Hopefully Acura will do the same w/a 6-speed !

Old 08-22-2001, 08:15 PM
O.G.

Don't worry Mr. Hyde, 1sicklex has a tendency to get on people's nerves. Look at some of the war me and him got into at the lexus forum. Sometimes he tends to talk out of his a$$ but he's not that bad.
BTW, 1sicklex, show us some respect in our own forum. I go to your forum but I don't bash the gs. Bashing is for trolls so if you don't want to be known as a troll here then don't bash.

Hey guys, is it me or lately there have been a lot of lexus people coming to our forum?
Old 08-22-2001, 08:24 PM
Advanced

stop the pain

I think Ted has done the majority of his posts on this thread alone.

Although the thread has changed from its initial post and I find Ted's writing annoying, I'm glad that there are people here that are enthusiastic (sp) in writing his/her thoughts.

Thanks all. But I'm done reading this thread.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:36 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

And as far as Motor Trend is concerned I'll use that number as the low number in my range of 0-60 times for my car(6.2-6.7). I guess AC and others will go find the slowest times published for his 540 / their cars and just quote them.
I can accept 6.2-6.7 or even 6.2-7.0, I seriously don't know what my car does 0-60, but I assume I'm in the low 6's range. The logic I was getting at was the fact that I've raced TLS's in my 540i and beat them off the line and assuming my car does let's say for argument's sake 6.2, my logic was how can a TLS be 6.2 if I beat 4 of them off the line.

Anyway, it is my opinion that the IS300 is not as fast as some of you Lexus folks think, no offense. Yet a great handler, no rocket by no means...hell, I beat a few in my TL no TypeS.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:03 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by AC
BTW, why are people still insisting a 0-60 time of 6.2 sec? I swear I will hear this as long as this forum is still around. Yes MT did it in 6.2, but do you think you can consistently pull those numbers, and I own a 540i and I would love to see a 5,6,or 7 Speed manual TL/TLS beat my 540i...that'll be the day. No mods ofcourse
Let me ask you something AC. And nothing personal intended by this.

Do you belive that your 540i will pull the number posted by the car rags? If so think again. No car rarely resproduces the "tuned" and "pro" numbers of the test rags. If that were so there would be a lot of cars out there whipping up on the TLS. Such as older model M3, GS300, IS300, 330i, etc.

I've not lost to a car rated within the 6.5 - 7.2 range. Not even close except for the M3s that were 1/2 cars lengths slower. And they are supposed to be 6.4 or better cars. So either the TLS is that fast or the M3 numbers are also overated. Maybe just to sell magazines and or cars. :p

The car rags are but one factor in these tests. Yes, it's amazing that people will bet their last buck on these numbers, but the TLS' 6.29 is no more silly than the numbers posted for a 540i. And yes, I know that first hand. I've been in a manual 540i and it's fast, and yes faster than the TLS, but it's not as fast as it's been touted. I was even surprised that is wasn't as fast as people were saying it was. I really liked and was trying to figure out whether I should get one, but It turned me off because it wasn't as fast as I thought it should have been. Disappointed. Then I turned my attention to the M5, but the price wasn't worth it in my books.

Anyway. 6.29 is just as valid of a benchmark as the other cars reported top times. Whether the average Joe can reproduce those numbers is really not the issue as long as everyone is using these numbers to compare to other ca reported numbers.

RUF
Old 08-22-2001, 11:08 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Hyde
You know I posted this reply to you in the TL-S forum in response to your continual bashing of how the squeeks and rattles are unacceptabel to you and your implications that Lexus doesnt have any issues such as those. I might as well post it here too.
Geez maybe we should all go out and buy a Lexus huh????????????? I am sure they are all 100% defect and flaw free. After all they produce the best cars in the world, and anyone who spends their money on any other car must be a complete imbecile right SickLex??\
These are a few snipets from the GS forum at Club Lex just from the last few days. Didnt take long to find at all. Would you believe it??? Lexus has cars that have creaks, rattles, wind noise, and malfunctioning electronic toys?...........................................Ha s hell frozen over already

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=20218

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=20169

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=19793

http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...?threadid=13146
Mr. Hyde -

Ever notice how there are only oil change bays at the Lexus dealership. That's because nothing ever goes wrong with them. :p

RUF
Old 08-22-2001, 11:27 PM
Racer

I dunno if this only happens in the other states or what.. but I dun get into any races here, and ppl are sayin my TL is comparable to speed with the TLS. Racing got nothing to prove, the ppl in instigate it are insecure guys who gotta prove something to themselve...wtf would you need to prove anything to a stranger. A note to TedC, I understand you have freedom of speech, but be aware this is a TL board afterall, no one forces you to read, and unless you're an IS owner, Then you shouldn't be saying much for Lexus and BMW, see..here in SoCali, I try to make all the TL guys on this board tight with each other, and I've made a few great friends from this board...why? Cuz we're all on the same side. You wanna stick up for an IS, go rat us out on a IS board. Biatchin on a TL board is just gonna get your hazed, unless that's your way of getting attention.

~Shine
Old 08-22-2001, 11:46 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Blah, 540i Auto will get low-6's 0-60, but sub-6?? Maybe for 6-speed.... but not auto.... unless you brake-torque the hell out of the car.... which is not healthy, BTW....

P.S. I know, because I used to own BMWs....

Andy Kuo
Old 08-23-2001, 12:49 AM
Racer

Hey I ran the previous style M3 and he could not pull on me

Anyhow, what with the real wood fake wood stuff, who cares? The average person to sit in a TL will not be able to see the diff., and its not like they tell you its real and sell try to sell it to you as such? It looks the same, and the fake wood won't split and attack you in a high speed crash and won't fade in direct sun and heat.
Old 08-23-2001, 05:08 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Originally posted by typeSmaximum
Hey I ran the previous style M3 and he could not pull on me

Anyhow, what with the real wood fake wood stuff, who cares? The average person to sit in a TL will not be able to see the diff., and its not like they tell you its real and sell try to sell it to you as such? It looks the same, and the fake wood won't split and attack you in a high speed crash and won't fade in direct sun and heat.
I STRONGLY disagree!!! REAL wood does look better, and almost every one will notice the differences. The way it looks, the way it feels.... REAL wood doesn't NOT FADE at all if well taken cared of. The wood in my S-Class is almost 10 year old, and still shines like new. Wood panels are hand cut and hand polished... some auto makers(Jaguar, for one) even go through the trouble of matching wood pattern/color for every car....

As for split and attack you in a crash.... that goes back to what I meant about "You get what you pay for".... wood used in Audi/BMW/MB has thin layer of aluminum, which prevents wood from split and injure passengers.....

Andy Kuo
Old 08-23-2001, 08:30 AM

Biatchin on a TL board is just gonna get your hazed, unless that's your way of getting attention.
Stylin', I hear where you're comin' from, but all I did was make one simple correction about the IS being a Corolla (granted, they might have been kidding, but others honestly think that, even on the Lexus board !) and the other about the new stick times for it, which I found rather impressive. The ones that say immature things about any cars on any board to me are the real trolls because there is no basis behind it really. I don't own an IS300, I have a GS430, and unlike other people, I don't say my car will destroy another car even if it can. Hell, I just saw someone remarking about the Camry and the Altima, admiring the technologies but bashing the looks, again just an opinion but some state it like fact. And remember, I submitted a reply to a topic already being talked about, "beating an IS300", which was followed by comments discussing how slow, ugly, overpriced, etc. hence my comment, plain and simple, which I feel is accurate. How fun is it to read a thread that says the same thing for 20 posts without any debate otherwise ?

Old 08-23-2001, 09:45 AM

Why is it everytime I speak u feel like I'm putting ya'll down? (BTW this is not English 101 so !@#$%^ the typos okay). I defended the IS=Corolla thing and even though I did not know the details of VTECvsVVTi I was right.

Is it the fake wood thing? What was it that ticked some of you off?

BlackShadow I vouched for your A$$ at CL, it turned your bashing around and now they are cool with you so I'd appreciate a lil slack.

I did not bash the TL for goodness sakes but reading some things here ARE A RIOT!!!!

Of course Lexus has problems but comparing ES owners on our forum to the tl (not the tls) seems 1/4 maybe more are for quality issues (mind you these are all new or fairly new cars) and the ES forum posts of problems are always older models.

Case in point I changed my buddy's (she's a gal) oil yesterday, the FIRST THING (she has a 2002 tlp) she says to me when me meet "MY CAR IS MAKING THIS LOUD NOISE IN THE BACK WHEN I DRIVE" we go for a spin and something is rattling really bad in the back, told her take it to the dealer.
(she also is @#$%^ about the plastic around the key fob and how messed up and scratched up it looks).
The car has like 10,000 miles (she drives too much).

But u know what, she likes how the car looks and probably will NEVER sell it no matter what problems it has in the future.

BTW the other bud with the CLs, we always hang weekends and we always race so that's how I came up with 15 (okay 16) mpg under heavy acceleration and using your manumatic.

Unlike some misguided souls here I will use magazines for a reference BUT NOT AS THE BIBLE!
Old 08-23-2001, 09:50 AM
wbr
Intermediate

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you Lexus owners! This is an Acura TL website. If you idiots can't find a Lexus website, go away! All you do is irritate the people who want to discuss the TL. AS IT SHOULD BE. There are plenty of Lexus discussion groups out there, so as I said, GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2001, 10:06 AM
O.G.

1siclex, I did cut you a little slack. It's just that these guys don't know your tone of voice on the net so it's taken personally. After all this is an Acura board. Just like when I went to CL, everybody was attacking me and I do appreciate you sticking up for me. So guys, 1sicklex is cool. It's just that you guys have to get used to him.
BTW 1sicklex, can you talk about Acura without putting it down?

People I think this thread has gone on far enough. The original thread was an IS getting his a$$ handed to him and that's it. Now it's Acura vs. Lexus. But the funny thing is that the majority of lexus guys in this thread is from CL (mostly GS guys). Where are all the IS guys defending their own? So guys on the CL board, chill out. We are all car enthusiasts here. Let's try to keep this civilized fellas.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:27 AM

Well I gotta admit I slid under the car, unscrewed the bolt, drained the oil and everything went real well! I am surpised at how much room there was in the engine bay.

She has NAV, it is cool and in all honesty the inside is like a Baby GS to me.

It is taking me awhile but the tl/cl is slooooowly growing on me.

I feel my comments are not derogatory and I visit this board (and bmw and IS and Maxima and Impala and Infiniti) cause it is very very very cool interacting with people and getting other people's insight on their cars and others, nothing wrong with that right?

BTW school has started and u guys will begin to see a lot less of me (oh no)!

BTW I have replied to the SC 400 kill on the TL-s forum
Old 08-23-2001, 10:52 AM
Instructor

I like how he tried to run at the previous lights while you chilled to set that little faggot up!

I as soon as you pulled a whole car length you shoulda got in front of him and flipped your window washers on. That way he woulda got a mist full on his windshield.

I often to that to tailgaters

Great kill
Old 08-23-2001, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

I feel my comments are not derogatory and I visit this board (and bmw and IS and Maxima and Impala and Infiniti) cause it is very very very cool interacting with people and getting other people's insight on their cars and others, nothing wrong with that right?

BTW school has started and u guys will begin to see a lot less of me (oh no)!

BTW I have replied to the SC 400 kill on the TL-s forum
NOT DEROGATORY?????????? For you to come to our forum and tell us that we drive "Knock off Luxury cars" and stating that you are about to buy rims to replace the current rims on your ride that cost more than our TL's resale value is insulting. Those are YOUR words not mine.

Your post telling Accord owners to slap on Acura badges on their cars and save the money they would have spent on a TL are also insulting and also quite comical considering you drive an older ES300 which shares more with the Camry of the time than the TL ever did with an Accord. You say all that is not derogatory??????? What do you take us for?

BTW about your comments about the SC 400 you werent there, so your revelations on the subject mean as much as any of your other dribble. A SC400 was smoked by a lowly TL-S?? It cant be true.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:15 AM
Instructor

Angry

Allllllriiggghhhht....We've heard all the talk already about horsepower, torque, bower braking, 0-60 times, defects, real/fake wood, ugly styling..blah blah blah.......I like lexus cars...BUT, I drive an Acura...THIS is and ACURA site.....so all of you Lexus guys get the fu@k out of here. You think you can come in here and talk down to us by being calm and cool. Are we supposed to be mesmerized by this? Oh you Lexus guys are so cool we agree with everything you say.......Fu@k out of here!! I let my TL fam talk to you calm and cool and yet it continues so now the ASB (Acura Street Bully) has to get involved. You can take what I say and post it on the Lexus board and say "see these Acura guys are immature, don't know there facts and just flame....." So F@ckin what FLAME FLAME FLAME. F#$@ you Lexus Troll bastards, F@@$ everyone that looks like you and acts like you. My TL fam might get mad at me for this, my moderator might even suspend me for a while and if it comes to that so be it......I speak for ACT-UP and you Maggots are going to respect this forum so help me. Every single time your punk a$$ comes here and I detect even a hint of disrespect, bash or trollism your going to here from me biatch. Don't waste your breath with reverse psychology, the "not on your level" horse sh!t, the uneducated a-hole comments....... Just watch your god damn mouth when you speak to Acura owners and watch your F@ckin tone!! When you come here I want to see hands in the air...any sudden movements you might as well call me constipation..I'll give you that bloated, nauseous, sweaty forehead saliva mouth feeling..... If you take it personal.....so what!! Go to one of those low self esteem classes and get 100 hugs from 100 other losers sh!t faces. You want beef...You want drama.....Bring it to me punk....I don't need my TL fam for you jellybacks....I am the DramaLord (M.O.P.) whatever..... GEE@Acura-TL.Com...make it happen ....You pri@ks have been warned....so come in peace or leave in pieces.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:19 AM

All of you Lexus owners! This is an Acura TL website. If you idiots can't find a Lexus website, go away! All you do is irritate the people who want to discuss the TL. AS IT SHOULD BE. There are plenty of Lexus discussion groups out there, so as I said, GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
wbr, then your logic would conclude that BlackShadow is an idiot, since he is a member of ClubLexus, as are other TL owners here. People on the TL/TLS forum also discuss other cars too, does that mean that the owners of those cars are not allowed an opinion in this forum ? There are immature people trashing each other's car on every forum, unfortunate as that is, but calling people idiots because they don't drive the same car as the forum they're on seems a little trite to me.

Old 08-23-2001, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Why is it everytime I speak u feel like I'm putting ya'll down? (BTW this is not English 101 so !@#$%^ the typos okay). I defended the IS=Corolla thing and even though I did not know the details of VTECvsVVTi I was right.
You were right about VTEC????? I dont think so. VTEC has been used in the US since 1990 in the NSX and since then has trickled down to even be found in the Civic albeit somehat modified. You stated that VTEC is much simpler than VVTi implying it is inferior. Go back and reread RA Adams post. Doesnt sound simpler to me. BMW fist came out with some form of variable valve timing lon ago, but Honda was the first to start using it mainstream. Who has been following who since then?? If you want to talk about engine technology who exactly has been leading the pack when it comes to automotive racing??? The gs400 had a DOHC 4L V8 producing 300hp, so what?? The TL-S has a SOHC 3.2 V6 producing 260hp. The 3.2 DOHC V6 puts out over 290 hp. Sure looks like inferior engineering to me.

No its not English 101, but the word is Luxury. I am just pointing out a simple spelling error as you are so quick to point out the flaws in our cars. It has been done so frequently that its more than a simple typo. I am not trying to analyze and break down your grammar or writing style. I am not the right person to do so. Its a simple spelling error that you have used over and over again. Why is my correction of your mistake putting you down? Do you find it insulting or derogatory? School is going to be starting soon and you wont be here as much?? What a shame.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:52 AM

Whether anyone cares or not, or if it was in jest, I'm surprised in a way that ACTUP's post was even allowed. The fact that you threaten to physically hurt somebody in front of the whole board is ridiculous. Are you personally going to fly or drive and meet everyone that challenges you ?? Are you assuming that you are bigger and stronger than anyone regardless ?? If you beat up one non-Acura owner will that send a message to all non-Acura owners not to mess with you ??? These are cars, and no matter how deep your passion for one goes, you shouldn't have to threaten to hurt someone just because they disrespect it. This is like NetRage, but what's great is that no one has to face anyone in person, because we all know that almost all the trashtalk on all the forums aimed at others would never be uttered in the realworld. Everyone is tough, everyone challenges the other's manhood, but on the street, those same people are called punks, ready to serve someone's lunch at the ass-kickin' buffet. Why doesn't someone just ask the moderator to temporarily or permanently ban the disrespectful people instead of allowing someone to take it into their own hands. A guy on the Lexus forum just got booted for the same type of thing (physical threats) toward another Lexus guy, no questions. ACT, I feel the same way sometimes, but I just think it, but when you say it you can get yourself in some trouble. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Is 300 Killed!