2004 Acura Tl Need Opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 02:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Acura Tl Need Opinion!

I currently have a tl type s havne't done much to it but clears. I heard about the new 2004 tl and I'm kinda hesitating to do anythign to my car cause i feel i wanna get the new one. Should I just stay or wait?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Mr. Self Destruct

What did you hear? Specs have not been released for the '04, except to expect one by the end of 2003.

Are you thinking about the TSX? IMO, I would just be happy w/your current ride and mod it as you wish. You never know, the '04 could be styled in a way you wouldn't want and then you have just wasted time.

Enjoy your car and don't worry about what "might" come out next year.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:32 AM
All Hail the Chief

Exactly!
Old 10-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Pro

If cost is the main issue, then stick with the Type-s for as long as you can ans save like crazy as well as doing mods...its still less than replacing yours so soon, taking the depreciation hit and then buyiong another new car.

If you got enough cash to get another car so soon, then you probably have enough to mod this one out and enjoy it first, let them work out the "first year model" issues and then consider a 2005.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
There are a million rumors floating around about the new TL. Ok.. maybe not that many.. but there are a lot.

One thing that seems certain is that the '04 TL won't be out until fall 2003.. which is just under a year away. You will lose a lot of money on a trade-in b/c #1 your car is a 2002 or 2003 and #2 you'll have a decent amount of miles by then. The other rumor that seems consistant is that the new TL will have 280hp. If that's the case.. it's only 20 more then what you have now.. so unless it's a real show-stopper... it's probably not worth it.

Also, besides the value of your car.... you have to figure in the price of the new TL. One thing to keep in mind is that the 2004 TL will probably be slightly more expensive then it is now b/c they are trying to seperate it from the CL as well as to make room for the TSX. Don't be surprised if MSRPs increase by $1k-$3k on the new TL when it's released.....

Bottom line is keep your car and enjoy it now. If you mod it, then end up liking the new TL... take off your mods... sell the ones you can't use on the '04 on boards like this one... and upgrade....
Old 10-18-2002, 12:25 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry about the future. Cars are like computers...the second you buy it, it is already out-dated. Enjoy what you have now or else you should've waited.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Race Director

I Have heard many rumours they are all below:

The 2004TL will have Intelligent Cruise Control, Keyless Entry (LIKE MERCEDES), Automatically Keeps you in lane..
I did not get these out of no where.. as for the Automatically keeps you in lane its out in Accord in Japan and the Intelligent cruise control I hope is very likely because I heard about it and theres lots of new cars with it(Mercedes has it already), and about the keyless entry it is very much probable ( PIC OF HONDA KEYLESS ENTRY BELOW)

Rumours have said it will be 3.4 Liter Engine with 280-290 HP For Type S.. It will be totally redesigned and very fast.

Keyless entry is like this : When you get the car u get no key.. Or you may for backup
but all you do is get a small mini card and it has RF Waves or sometype of Waves and it tells your car you are the owner and it will unlock the car.. when you step inside the car all you do is press start engine button as long as you have the card close.. The range is 3 Ft around the perimeter of the car on the mercedes... Also if you leave the card in the car and try locking the car than some sound will go off and it wont lock.. Theres lots of features...

More info here:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/urlt...6.html&lp=ja_en

More info on Mercedes Features here:

Distronic(Mercedes Intelligent Cruise Control)
http://www.mbusa.com/byo/pop_opt_pa...e=o&model=E320W

Keyless GO:
http://www.mbusa.com/byo/pop_opt_pa...e=o&model=E320W

Every Feature MB Has... 90% of all to be available on 2004 TL
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/t...YO&accCode=0889

The Car also has possibilitys of getting AWD because it is built on the Accords Platform and the Japanese Accord is AWD. It Will Also have the same Voice Activated GPS Device and Traction control that controls each tire when turning so when you turn it slows one tire down so your car turns right. It is going to have the reverse camera to check the back when reversing.. Also it has the possibility to have the DVD LCD but I doubt it will be bought by most customers as it is a stupid addon unless you have lots of kids.. It also has a better suffisticated Alarm Immobilizer with Sensors and a lot better REMOTE(Like I said it might be a new type of KEYLESS GO ENTRY SYSTEM)

THESE ARE MY SOURCES YOU CAN BELIEVE THEM OR NOT..

SOURCES: Acura Manager Who Heard RUMOURS Himself at a Meeting.. - Lots of forums Rumours - Friends
Old 10-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Race Director

You Know what simple function I hope the 2004 TL HAS? I Want it to have that function the saab car has.. You know when you press the lock button on the key fob it lights the car up and the lights stay on for a while.. Like it lights up the headlights and tail lights for a while.. Go to http://www.saab.com/microsites/9-3S/...US&language=en and click the Electronic key help and click interactive and it will show the function of the light thing..h