2 broken CT springs & checking in

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 broken CT springs & checking in

hey guys, long time no post. Most people won't remember me, some might.

I've had my Comptech springs for probably 2 years and I just found out that they're both broken. The top half is sitting on bottom half of the spring. This destroyed both (newer) rear tires. what a super pisser. Now I have to buy new springs AND pay to have the springs changed. We know that's not cheap.

In addition, I need new bushings. I'm having trouble finding poly-urethane ones for the car but I just started looking, that's what brought me back here in the first place.

My front tire has a bubble in it, so I now have to replace ALL 4 tires.. ugh. The fronts only had like 10K miles on them.

I'm now on tranny #3, tranny #2 started flaring up, revving without going anywhere.

My AEM CAI bypass valve seems to have broken itself in half during the last visit to Acura to fix my overheating problems. hmmmmm.. It's now a short ram intake because I don't feel like putting the CAI arm back or buying a new bypass valve.

I still can't set my alarm if I leave my headlights on. I have to wait until the headlights turn off to lock the car. The alarm still goes off by itself at like 1am to 5am while sitting locked up in my garage with noone around.

That's all I can think of for right now except for many complaints towards my local Acura dealer who definitely no longer tries to take as good care of me or my car as they did when I was throwing thousands of dollars into it. Their labor rate is now $95/hour so I'm in the process of finding another more reliable mechanic to do ALL non-warranty repair.

I still wouldn't have been happy with another car. I do wish I hadn't put the headers on (what a waste). The exhaust still looks new after polishing, the sway bars and springs probably kept me alive on a number of turns I probably took a wee bit too fast. I love having the options to watch DVD movies on the NAV screen although I rarely ever do.. I do wish I went back to StreetEffectz to have the dvd wired into the cd changer cable when he offered to do it for me, the local place here wants like $480 to do it (combined with my ipod cable hard wired).

Anyway, enough complaining for 1 post. I'm off to read some of the posts I've missed in the almost 2 years I've been away. (I'm surprised my account didn't get purged.)

Oh, Let me know if you have any insight into any of my problems please.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Intermediate

comptech springs

Hey I Had A Comptech Rear Spring That Broke On Me As Well, I Had Them For About 20 Months On Car .got Mine Replaced Under Warranty By Comptech ,and They Even Paid For The Shipping To Canada..talk To Them And See If They Will Replace Your Rear Springs.i Think They Will, Btw: I Sold The Springs To A Forum Member.i Got H&r Oe Sports Now...hope This Helps...danny
Old 05-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Racer

Dcostatl,

Why the switch from Comptech to H&R ?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

comptech to h&r

did not like the rake look!
Old 05-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Racer

he he he ... I actually like the rake look
Old 05-24-2004, 01:20 PM
2003 SSM TLS

If both rear CT springs were broken & collapsed, I really doubt he had a raked look....probably inverted rake..... what a pain in the ass to replace the springs and reallign. That sux.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey bro, of course we remember you....

It sucks to hear what happen...I have my H&R 3 years and going. they also have +90k miles. I just put new shocks from a friend that replaces his at 5k miles with teins.

If comptech don't give you new ones, get H&R. Nice talking to you again. Good luck

BTW...I'm in germany now....yes with my TL, here are some pictures that I took the other day driving to frankfurt of the new accord diesel.

and a video http://www.gtr34.com/pictures/diesel...d/DSCF0055.AVI
Take care
Old 05-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Drifting

Bitium, I can't believe you took your car with you, that's cool! Good to hear from you again.

I just called Comptech and they were helpful. They're shipping me a new set of rear springs for free, free shipping and return shipping. There was an issue with the powdercoat on the springs not being thick enough and the springs rusting and breaking. Sucks for me because of the labor I have to pay to fix that mistake but at least the parts are covered.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Racer

Damn, I'd be yelling at them to reimburse me the cost of repair.