1st Big Ding

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1st Big Ding

For seven months I've enjoyed a ding and scratch-free TL. A little defensive-parking has kept my TL free of door-dings, and bumper-rash. Parking it in the garage has prevented a host of other insults to its smooth lines. That is until a few days ago when I parked it in front of my home and someone managed to ding its roof!

I haven't a clue how it happened but it looks like a baseball fell out of the sky and struck that seemingly sturdy stretch of metal that forms the upper door frame. Or maybe somone stuck a knee there to climb onto the car?

The paint is unbroken and there is no clear-coat abrasion. I suppose that's a 'good thing' and makes this ding purely cosmetic. The ding is about a 1/4" inch deep and 2" in diameter and really ruins the car's smooth lines. (Well, I guess all dings ruin the car's smooth lines...)

I refuse to have this thing puttied up and painted ... I'm positive it will look like hell. Someone said that it can be knocked out from inside and the damage will be nearly invisible. Anyone have any experience with the results of this technique?
Old 07-13-2001, 05:29 PM
Pro

Man, sorry to hear about that! I almost cried when I had a minor accident in mine (busted the headlight and dented the fender). But its fixable. Notify your insurance company. They should take care of the cost for you. Then take it to a body shop. They can pull it out farely easily, probably without any bondo or paint.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:49 PM
Cruisin'

I just had my first self inflicted dent fixed. Put me back $560.
Not sure how they fixed it, I just wanted it fixed. Came out perfect.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:23 PM
Instructor

I just got my first bad ding too. some one in a parking lot slammed their door in to my car. They left 2 smeared finger prints where they sorryly inspected the damage to my car. I'm so mad about it.

to answer the question about knocking the dent out. I just had Dent wizard fix my door and It is really hard to knotice the damage, mine is still a bit visible as it floded the horozontal edge in a lot and it's not possible to pull it out totaly. a quick buffing and no one will ever know it is there except me because I know where it is. All and all the person cost me $99.00 for Dent Wizzard and I will have the car high speed polished soon.

dent wizzard uses a paintless dent removal process they stuck something though my windo opening and hammered ikt out from the front. I'm not sure how it works, but no bondo or paint and it is almost imvisable